The Sims 4 City Living offers a couple of new Traits and an Aspiration!
Excluding the Vegetarian and Unflirty traits that you can select in Create-A-Sim, other traits can be obtained through gameplay, mostly by trying out things around the city or completing the City Native aspiration.
These Sims get Tense around Flirty Sims and seldom get Flirty themselves. It’s difficult for them to be Romantic in public.
Unflirty Sims have a hard way of flirting with other Sims. The flirty section will show flirty interactions that promise a high chance of failing:
Unflirty Sims don’t like when other Sims try to flirt will them and such attempts will make them embarrased:
You’ll go through plenty of trial and error to unlock the romantic relationship bar. The best way to make your Sim successful in flirting is to get him/her into the Flirty emotional state.
These Sims will actively avoid eating foods that contain meat products and can become sick if they eat such foods.
Vegetarians are not supposed to eat meat and will be put in a Sad emotional state if they do so:
After the sad emotional phase is over, your Sims will become very uncomfortable for an hour and a half for being tainted with meat.
TIP: To find out which meal is vegetarian-friendly, simply hover over the food dish / recipe.
Home Turf (From Choosing a City Native Aspiration)
These Sims become Happy when they are in their home neighborhood.
In the Know (City Native Aspiration Reward)
Sims who are In the Know can get a massive discount on market stall purchases if they Haggle with vendors.
You can use your In the Know discount by clicking on a market stall and selecting the In the Know Discount interaction. This will make any product from the stall a lot more cheaper!
Spice Hound (Reward for eating Spicy Food)
Spice Hounds never find any food too Spicy, and feel Happy for hours after eating a Spicy Meal.
Sims will react negatively at first for eating spicy food, but after eating around 5-6 spicy food meals, they’ll unlock this trait and will feel comfortable eating any type of spicy food.
Chopstic Savvy (Rewards for using Chopstics)
From slippery noodles to tiny peas, these Sims have mastered the art of eating with Chopstics.
Sims will get embarrassed at first for not knowing how to use chopstics properly, but after 5-6 meals that require chopstics, they’ll unlock this trait and feel confident in using them.
Critically Connected (Reward for reaching Level 8 of the Art Critic Career Branch)
Leveraging their status in the art world, Critically Connected Sims receive a 20% rebate on all Art purchased in Build Mode each week. Rebates will be applied directly to Household Funds.
Level 1 (Tourist)
- Introduce Self to Someone New in 3 Different City Neighborhoods (75 Satisfaction Points)
- Give an Apartment Key to a Friend (50 Satisfaction Points)
- Order 3 Times from Food Stalls (75 Satisfaction Points)
Level 2 (Inhabitant)
- Achieve Level 3 in the Singing Skill (250 Satisfaction Points)
- Light Fireworks at the Humor and Hijinks Festival (250 Satisfaction Points)
- Use a Bubble Blower (150 Satisfaction Points)
Level 3 (City Expert)
- Donate to a Protester (375 Satisfaction Points)
- Kiss Someone at the Romance Festival (375 Satisfaction Points)
- Complete a Mural at the Arts Center (375 Satisfaction Points)
Level 4 (City Native)
- Live in an Apartment worth 100,000 Simoleons (1,000 Satisfaction Points)
- Master the Singing Skill (1,000 Satisfaction Points)
- Win a Contest at GeekCon (750 Satisfaction Points)