Someone was finally brave enough to tackle and develop the wonders of a life simulation game other than Maxis.
Project Vie, the name of this life simulation game project, first appeared back in September 2016 with no detailed info other than the following description on their Reddit page:
Vie (stylized “vie”) is a life simulation game with managerial and role-playing elements. We’re currently in an early stage of development, but you’ll be hearing more from us soon.
They answered a few Reddit comments regarding Project Vie, not specifically going into details about the game itself
- We’re Simmers just like you, we know what’s up with The Sims just like you. We’re doing our best to make a fun game with the right style and gameplay, and we’re doing our best to please as many people as we can. But that’s all you’ll hear from me for now…
- What’s the point in making what is essentially the same game? We think you’re going to love it. In fact, we’re going to be paying close attention to the community to make sure!
- We’ll give them (EA) something to be afraid of, don’t worry 😉
Just a few hours ago, the developers of Project Vie posted a following image, letting us know that they’ll reveal the details about this life simulation game on March 15th:
They also provided some more information about the game and what can we expect:
(Roughly) Five Wonderfully Meaningful Facts About Vie
- Vie is not only a life simulator, but also a role playing game. Which role, you ask? All of them!
- Our gameplay will be so good that you will actually wow out loud. Mark my words.
- Vie is similar to The Sims in some ways, but totally different in some other ways. You will end up doing the same thing in both games, but you’ll have a much better time in Vie!
- Vie’s target audience overlaps with The Sims’s, but Vie isn’t for every The Sims player and The Sims isn’t for every Vie player.
This fifth wonderfully meaningful fact is completely meaningless!