EA has shared prepared remarks regarding their video game titles in the Fiscal Year 2019 (First Quarter). In these prepared remarks they’ve also mentioned The Sims 4 and The Sims Mobile as well as their progress and success.
- Our Sims 4 community grew 35% in unique players year-over-year as we continue to deliver new content packs and updates as part of our ongoing live service. With the breadth, depth and size of the Sims audience on mobile, we’re now fulfilling different motivations across two distinct games, giving fans and newcomers alike more of what they love about the franchise.
- The year-on-year delta was driven by the Mass Effect: Andromeda sales captured in the year-ago quarter, partially offset by FIFA Online 4, The Sims 4 and A Way Out.
- Digital net bookings were $693 million, up $12 million on the year-ago period. The increase was driven by FIFA Online 4, The Sims 4 and A Way Out, partially offset by Mass Effect: Andromeda
- Live services net bookings were up 7% year on year, to $450 million. The growth was driven by FIFA Online 4 and The Sims 4 as we look to broaden our base of recurring revenue.
- Monetization in The Sims Mobile has started slowly, consistent with prior Sims launches, and the team continues to grow the game by adding exciting new careers, activities, events and other attractive new content, based on feedback from our community of millions of Sims Mobile fans.