The Venue Changes Mod is required for custom venues to be available: http://simscommunity.info/social/resources/venue-list.49/
- Required Sims 4 Packs:
- Get to Work
Follow your Sims to school and help them achieve their education. Attend a different subject every day with the teacher NPC, and demonstrate your knowledge through activity goals. Bored? See the Counsellor for a boost of spirit. Want more to do? Elementary students can apply for special opportunities (unlockable aspirations) from the Principal for a chance to earn Emblems and redeem them for reward traits that will help them later in life.
That’s not all! Older Sims (or unusually gifted Child Sims who have succeeded in boosting their adult skills) can pass their knowledge onto other Sims and teach entire classes with the podium.
The Sims 4 Go to School Mod Pack was first released on May 2015 and offered a simple event where Child and Teen Sims would go to school and complete goals which would boost their grade. This new version vastly expands the original experience into a whole new mode of gameplay.
*Go to School requires Get to Work to function. Some opportunities require Get Together or City Living, but you can still play without them.
- For the first time, classrooms function like a real classrooms. A Teacher NPC stands and teaches a class of students.
- There's also a Principal, Caterer, Janitor and even a school Counsellor who can eliminate school boredom.
- As with previous versions, there are both Elementary and High Schools available for Child and Teen Sims respectively.
- There are five subjects: Personal Development, Problem Solving, Creative Arts, Health and Fitness and Science and Technology. Each day offers a different subject.
- Sims can even declare their liked and disliked subject with the “Declare Subject” pie menu of social interactions, and will receive special Moodlets on the days of their chosen subjects. A Sim’s liked subject also determines which special opportunity is available to them. Not happy with your choice? Get to know the Counsellor to unlock the “Undeclare Subjects” interaction on them.
- After completing enough activity-based goals, the player can call for a lunch break, which will spawn goals for socialising with students.
- Elementary students can apply for special opportunities (unlockable aspirations) from the Principal which, on completion, will grant the student Emblems that can be redeemed for reward traits that double the boost rates of specific adult skills.
- On certain days, the Teacher may be replaced by guest speakers from the Doctor, Detective and Scientist careers.
- Sims who have achieved level 6 of a skill (level 5 for minor skills) can pass on knowledge to their children, friends, partners, roommates, random people on the street, you name it, with new social interactions.
- At level 8 or above, Sims can teach entire classes using the podium.
- Do service to your community with two new aspirations: Start with one of these aspirations to gain the Human Library reward trait, which will unlock the social interactions at just at level 4. Become a Renowned Teacher and earn the Teacher’s Handbook trait, which allows Sims to start teaching entire classes at just level 2, or become a Knowledge Pixie and earn the Tutor trait, which increases the effect of sharing knowledge through social interactions.
- Go to School adds two new venue types: Elementary School and High School. In order for the mod to work, you’ll need to place these lots somewhere in your game, otherwise you won’t receive the option to follow your Sim to school. You can find these venues on the gallery, or you can build your own.
- When placing a school lot from the gallery, the game doesn’t always automatically recognise it, and therefore you won’t get the option to follow your Sim to school. To fix this problem, change the lot to a random type, exit Build Mode, enter Build Mode again then change it back.
- There are no promises that there aren’t still unknown bugs. If you find any bugs, please report them. If the bug occurs during an active school day, please state the current day of the week in game as this could have an effect. This is the most complex mod I’ve ever created, and it was impossible to test in every possible situation. I sent the mod out to testers before release, but there’s still no guarantee there aren’t bugs that haven’t been spotted yet.
- Remember, problems with the game engine won’t suddenly disappear while your Sims are attending a school day.
- Objects in the school lot should be as close together as possible to ensure you have enough time to complete goals.
Go to School Mod Pack 4
Follow your Sims to school and complete goals to gain performance.