The Sims 4 World Patch Installer allows you to install mods that edit the outdoor lighting in The Sims 4 .world file.
- Sims 4 Version Required:
The program comes with my Enhanced Lighting patch, which is probably what most people are downloading it for.
To install Enhanced Lighting or another lighting mod:
- No more blue tint [or orange tint, in Oasis Springs]! You can see the outside of buildings in all its glory, without the tint detracting from the feel of it.
- The sky has been updated based on the early Create a Sim export screenshots from Gamescom 2013.
- The brightness has been modified to stay near the “Afternoon” brightness for longer, so the world will look its best for longer before getting dark.
Notes and Warnings
- Open up TS4WorldPatchInstaller and click the “Apply Patch” button.
- Navigate to the “Patches” folder (in the program folder) and select “Enhanced Lighting”, which comes with the program.
- Wait for the notification that the installation is complete.
- To uninstall, right click on The Sims 4 in Origin and click “Repair Game” which will revert all world files back to the defaults.
- The world files may revert after installing a patch for The Sims 4. If that happens, simply run the program again.
- The world files will need to be uncompressed in order to accept changes. Therefore, installing this will increase the amount of disk space the files use.
- I didn’t include Windenburg’s shorter days in this version, so days in Windenburg will now be the same as in other worlds. I don’t know when or even if I’ll make a version that has shorter days in Windenburg, since they seem unneccesary.
The Sims 4 World Patch Installer and Enhanced World Lighting 3
Enhance the lighting of worlds in The Sims 4!