Are you excited for Backyard Stuff?

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 Backyard Stuff' started by SnarkyWitch, Jul 12, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
  1. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth
    Storyteller

Writer
    The Sims just released this new video today along with a blog post by SimGuru Graham.

Blog post: https://www.thesims.com/news/backyard-stuff-news

Are you excited? It looks like we'll be getting three new gameplay objects in this pack. The water slide, the drink pitcher with different drink recipes and the bird feeder!

• Thank you! Thank you! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Lovlyb
    Playful

This is my first time seeing the other trailer and its looks fun, love the water slide and bird feeder. but I was hoping for a swing, slides, lounge chairs something that would go with kids stuff. Oh well, we do get a little of pets in this pack, so Im not disappointed.

• Like Like x 2
  3. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth
    Storyteller

Writer
    I was just hoping for something fun that kids could do outside and the water slide fits with that since kids were seen using the water slide in the trailer, plus we (sort of) get new pets with the birds so I'm definitely not disappointed.

Can't remember who said this now but someone mentioned long before the bird feeder was revealed today that they wanted a bird collection in the game where your Sims would sit outside in their backyards with binoculars and bird watch and when they saw a new bird, they'd mark it down in a bird collecting book or snap a photo of it or something. Their prediction wasn't too far off but I doubt there's a bird collection in this pack. Personally I'd want to be able to keep the birds if there was a collection but that won't happen until Pets, I'm sure.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ke_Wired
    Fine

Ultimate Member

College Student
    I'm pretty sure I've said this nearly every time, but I think this is going to be my new favorite stuff pack.

I'm most excited for the bird feeders. Anything that makes the world itself come to life makes me happy. Seeing birds fly onto and interact with the bird feeders is just one of those touches that make the world even more lively.

5. Lovlyb
    Playful

Did you like the way the bird was flying around the sim head and she was fighting it off, hahaha funny.

6. Lovlyb
    Playful

Hey do we know when will it be released?

7. Omac
    Inspired

Premium Member

Unemployed Writer
    July 19th thought I have to wait till the first to get it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nomen
    Fine

I'm actually pretty excited for this pack. It's great to see the return of the water slide (though with more features than the Sims3 version), the picket fence (been waiting forever for that), and wind chimes! One of my fave TS3 store downloads was the wind chimes, so I'm very happy to see it return. The bird feeder is a neat feature and with the addition of birds into the world we may slowly be on the way towards having pets. #fingerscrossed

With the Kids Stuff pack and this one, I will say I'm a little disappointed not to see more outdoor activities for kids, such as slides and swings or games like hopscotch and jump rope.

9. Omac
    Inspired

Premium Member

Unemployed Writer
    Outdoor equipment for kids would likely come in a park game/stuff pack or a generations EP.

10. WizardJeremy
    Inspired

WizardJeremy Master Sorcerer and Life State Enthusiast
    Storyteller

Ah yes im very excited haha. I love the water slides and bird feeders, im hoping to see what other stuff they'll be!

Sadly i thought this pack was gonna be about something else i had a little cover art to go with it....

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Annabelle
    Dazed

I'm excited! While swing sets and the like may have been something a lot would rather, the slide is a nice addition and gives teen/adult Sims another way to interact with the child and "share" an activity, oppose to just standing there talking while they hang off the monkey bars. The bird feeder seems pretty cool, too - I'd love to see how a hot-headed Sim reacts to birds fluttering around above their head! :D

12. Iron Seagull
    Fine

Premium Member

YouTuber
    BIRDS!! erhmahgerd!!!!

I can't believe I'm saying this so soon, but I think this stuff pack may already top Kids Room as my favourite stuff pack. I'm always in need of more outdoor activities for my sims, so this one really speaks to me. It's amazing that we're getting twice as many gameplay objects as we usually do too, and I plan on using all of them often. I'm impressed they even managed to improve the windchimes over the TS3 Store iteration. I seem to be one of the few who loved the windchimes lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ALotLikeWords
    Focused

ALotLikeWords Illustrator & Nerdzilla
    Supreme Member

Student
    I love it uwu
    the slip&slide is perf activity for my kids (and hoards of teens), plus the bubbles stuck to the sim effect is super cute
    The ombre hair and long skater boy guy hair make me very happy
    and the bird feeder is great. more wildlife is fantastic and i hope we see more of it in the future

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. bethie
    Happy

Student
    I love the look of this pack! I was expecting it to just be a rerun of Perfect Patio, so I'm pleasantly surprised.
    I'm excited for the return of the waterslide and windchimes; the bird feeder and spinning flower things make me randomly very happy and the aesthetic in this pack really matches what I want. And we are getting lemonade!
    With nods to pets, seasons and generations in the last couple of SPs, I'd say the sims team might finally be starting to listen :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Purduesimmer
    Happy

Ultimate Member

It looks like an exciting pack, the water slides look pretty cool. It's really nice that kids will be able to use it, there's definitely a lack of outdoor games for kids so far. The only real downside is that there's going to now be a big gap in pack releases. According to the teaser last week, this is the only pack for this quarter.

16. laravalentine10

I really really love that ombre female hairstyle, would probably buy the pack just for it. I wasn't really that excited for this pack but after seeing the trailer, I'm excited, it definitely has a summery feel to it, even if the game doesn't have seasons yet..

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Lovlyb
    Playful

Thanks!

18. xoJessi
    Inspired

Premium Member

Simmer
    I'll be living vicariously through you guys for this one (for a little bit) LOL I'm not really excited but I can't wait to see all the bird feeder and slip and slide pictures. :D

19. Mork
    Very Happy

I'm really excited for the clothing in this pack, especially for the ladies. I love all the different hair styles and I think they'll be used a lot.

The water slide looks cool, but I think the bird feeder, wind chimes and beverage tray will probably be used in my game more than anything.

20. Superior D
    Fine