BACC with a twitst (Build a City Challenge - New Crest)

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by LordVoravonraven, Dec 14, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
  1. LordVoravonraven
    Inspired

Employed
    Hi fellow simmers.

I know this may sound like every other BACC challenge in the forum. But I have actually decided to play mine on https://asimstale.wordpress.com/ and see how it works out

The twist to this is that instead of following a very strict and complicated rule/guide, I decided to go with a very simple rule guide and evolve it later should i find the gameplay too easy.

I have themed its as a newspaper covering the development of New Crest, along with a dedicated page to city budgets. I plan to add more pages later to it as well as share a peek into the lives of my sims and how they try to help in the progress or destruction of New Crest. ;)

My simplified version of the rules are mentioned on this link - https://asimstale.wordpress.com/build-a-city-challenge/
    You may noticed I forgot to mention no cheats, well that goes without saying that this is intended to be a fair gameplay.

I look forward to your feedback and ideas.

• Like Like x 1
  2. LordVoravonraven
    Inspired

Employed
  3. Tatiana
    Very Sad

Tatiana Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Staff Member

I thought this was such a great challenge with Sims 3. I like your idea of making it like a newspaper, very clever. I'll be checking your progress as you go.

• Like Like x 1
  4. LordVoravonraven
    Inspired

Employed
    Thanks Tatiana
    Even I am excited how it will turn out.

5. yuichen
    Fine

Premium Member

Looks very good :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. directionermimux
    Fine

Creator

Graphic Designer/Student
    Lookin' very good.

7. LordVoravonraven
    Inspired

Employed
  8. LordVoravonraven
    Inspired

Employed
    [​IMG]
    One of my founder Sim - Claire Greener,

9. LordVoravonraven
    Inspired

Employed
    Just finished a full sim week for the Greener household, and earned $359 as bill. This will add to my city fund as per my game rules. Total city funds are now $10,759, I shall wait a little longer before I build my 1st venue. I am thinking of a Lounge, as my founder sims are pursuing the Chef career. What do you suggest?

As part of my challenge, I am suppose to give equal amount of days for each of my family in the neighborhood which means I shall have to begin a new family.
    I welcome your ideas for the type of family members to create and the careers to give them.

10. LordVoravonraven
    Inspired

Employed
    I have set my own version and rules to it in my gameplay.
    https://wordpress.com/page/asimstale.wordpress.com/14

=============================================================
    Description:

Welcome City Planner,

Your services are once again required to help build the city of "[Choose your City]". Your objective is to create a flourishing city and grow our City Treasury to $100,000 [You can set your own Target].

You have absolute control over who can purchase plots/houses in your city, how they live their lives and decided on the overall process and development of the city. So choose wisely and God Speed.

Refer to the rules mentioned below.

-Mayor Rob D Banks.

RULES

1. No Cheats: This refers to every cheats activated using Ctrl+Shift+C. But in the end its entirely on your consciousness. The main intention is to refrain from using Money and Free real estate cheats.
    2. City Funds: as the challenge implies, the challenge is largely focused on building the city. And that's where city funds come in. City funds is accumulated by selling property to sims, residential or retail.
      1. For example if a Sim purchases a Plot worth $1500, then the city funds will be $1500. The cost is calculated as per the Plot value before its sold to the sim household
      2. An advantage to this is that you can sell a plot with a house/business to increase the plot value.
      3. But once purchased, you can no longer charge as per the revised plot value.
      4. You can however reward yourself on the bills received per household, as this also adds to the City Funds
      5. Should a sim evict a plot, the property will again be available to be sold and you can renovate the plot if you want. But the renovation cost will be deducted against the city funds.
    3. Accessing Multiple Neighborhood: You have access to only a single neighborhood district. Once you have fully populated a district, you can move on to the development of another. Sims however have no restriction in visiting them at any time. But again it is up to you, should you choose to allow them.
    4. Every Household must pay Bills: As the main objective is to generate City Funds, it is important that every residing Household pay their Bills.
      1. This means every household should be played till its billing cycle or more if needed.
      2. But you cannot collect the next weeks bill till every Household has collected their current weeks bill.
    5. Venues: The City funds can be used for building Venues.
      1. The value of a Venue should not exceed the city funds.
      2. Once the venue is created, the value of the plot is deducted from the City Funds. So build wisely.
      3. Venues can be sold to Sim households and the amount will be added to City Funds.

I welcome your ideas and questions on these rules.

• Like Like x 1
  11. LordVoravonraven
    Inspired

Employed
    Added my new family The Romeros to New Crest

An artistic addition to New Crest

Thursday, 17 December 2015, Northern New Crest - City Update
    A week after new crest had its first settlers, New crest invites their neighbors, The Romero's. Ryan Romero and Annie Walkers have been childhood friends and since long been appreciators of art and beauty. They have been backpackers since long and have finally decided to call New Crest their new home. We are freelancing our art to Futures Past and similar Art Museums in the neighboring cities. READ MORE

12. Lizik
    Dazed

I'm currently playing TS4 BACC using Purzel rules. But I was just thinking about introducing City Funds to the challenge. And I really like your idea as it's simple and pretty realistic at the same time. I think I'm gonna try it this way. One quick question. When speaking of Bills do you mean regular bills charged by the game? Or do you implement your own taxation rules for households? Thanks for the great idea!

• Like Like x 1
  13. LordVoravonraven
    Inspired

Employed
    It's the bills charged in the game