Cars In The Sims 4

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by simaginative, Apr 3, 2018.

1. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
  1. simaginative
    Uncomfortable

simaginative
    8/12

Storyteller & Professional Dreamer
    #1 simaginative, Apr 3, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    So I was sleeping one day and I just started thinking about cars in the Sims 4 and coming up with ideas about how they would work (while half asleep I should mention). Anyway, I decided to share my thoughts. Let me know what you think and also any ideas you have. Just a warning, this is quite long.

Cars would work very similarly to how they work in the Sims 2. You would need a driveway to be able to place the cars (obviously) and a sim would get in the car which would then back into the street or teleport into the street & drive away.

Travelling
    When you want to go somewhere, you can either use the phone like you do normally, or you can click on your car and the same options would come up as you have when you use the phone. However, there would be some extra options with the car such as:
    • Go for a drive - sims would disappear off the lot for a few hours and come back in a good mood with their needs maxed.
    • Drive to work - sims would get in the car and drive off the lot to go to work.
    • Take to school - sims can drive their kids to school (sims get an increase in relationships)
    • Work on - sims with handiness skills can work on their cars (e.g. check tires, check oil, customize etc) although lower handiness skills result in terrible consequences that may need to be fixed by a real professional.
    • Service - alternatively, sims can take their cars to be serviced/fixed at a garage.
    • Wash - cars will get dirty over time and will need to be washed. There are two options with this:
    Sims can wash their cars at a car wash (they get in the car and disappear for a while, returning with a clean car - and fewer simoleons).

Sims can wash the car themselves (or get their kids to do it as punishment) Friends/household members could join in and it will give an increase in relationships.

Logistics - How it would work in-game
    Sims require a driveway before they can place a car. For obvious reasons sims living in San Myshuno cannot have cars.

When a sim uses the car, they arrive at their destination similarly to how they would if they had used the phone. However, there will be a notification stating that money has been deducted from their funds for parking.

Unlike the Sims 3, the car won't be in the sims inventory. Instead, there will be car keys in the sim's inventory which you can click on and it will give the option to drive home/drive home with or travel someplace else.

Pets
    • Pets could take a drive with their owners
    • Cats could curl up and sleep/nap on the hood or roof of cars
    • Pets could play in the suds while their owners wash the car
    Seasons
    When we do get Seasons, the weather would also affect your car (e.g. after heavy snow, you would have to shovel your driveway in order to use your car.)

Careers
    Along with cars, there would be a few careers to go with them such as:
    • Mechanic (active career)
    • Driving Instructor (rabbit hole career)
    • Automotive Designer (rabbit hole/work from home)
    • Car Salesman (rabbit hole)
    • Dealership Owner (business)

Kids/Teens
    • Kids could get in the cars and pretend to drive
    • They could help their parents wash the cars
    • Teenagers need to be taught to drive. Like in the Sims 3, an adult could teach a teen to drive. They would both get in the car and disappear for a few hours. There would also be chance cards that would affect whether the experience is a negative or a positive one. Negative experience would affect the relationship as well as the teenager's driving skill progression.
    • Teens without a permit could also sneak behind their parents' backs and go for a joy ride. They could do it alone or invite a friend or friends along. Again, they would get in the car and drive off the lot and disappear for a few hours. However, there would be chance cards that would affect whether it is sucessful or not (e.g. one negative outcome would be that they get pulled over by the police and get brought home in a police car).
    Last but not least - The Fixer Upper Car would return and sims could work on it either alone or they could do it with friends/kids ect. Also, the fixer upper car would come in a few different models - like a muscle car, a cadillac, etc.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 5
  2. KaiaCub

KaiaCub
    8/12

I've always seen cars in the sims 4 as a useless addition, but your ideas made me actually want them!

• Like Like x 3
  3. simaginative
    Uncomfortable

simaginative
    8/12

Thanks, that's so sweet.

4. Blade X
    Fine

Blade X
    29/45

I'm going to make a video about this post.

5. Ian
    Fine

Ian
    18/23

I love all of these ideas! The only problem is that with the way the neighborhoods are built, there's almost no way to get a functioning driveway. I've thought about driveways too in the past. From what I've noticed, a lot of the sidewalks are decorated and there's little to no path on them for a driveway to be made. Even without that, there's quite a few areas that barely look like they even have functioning roads to begin with. As nice as the neighborhoods look in TS4, they're very flawed when it comes to terms of possible expansion. The only way I could see this working is if the car just poofs off the lot once you pick a destination and get in it. Everything else seems doable though.

6. Kai Chen
    Happy

Kai Chen Not taking custom mod requests. Staff Member
    180/225

Interpreter
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. Kendrana
    Happy

Kendrana
    13/23

Cosmetologist
    Those are some wonderful ideas for cars. I just can't help but think that cars should have been included in the base game like a lot of other things.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kai Chen
    Happy

Kai Chen Not taking custom mod requests. Staff Member
    180/225

Interpreter
    OMG! Yes. Huge, huge oversight. Rachel Franklin was insane in her decision on what to cut and what to include. The game has improved so much after she was fired.

9. simaginative
    Uncomfortable

simaginative
    8/12

• Like Like x 2
  10. Blade X
    Fine

Blade X
    29/45

11. Jeremia_Lecato
    Very Happy

Jeremia_Lecato
    39/45

Recording artist, dancer, YouTube personality
    What about radio stations that can play in the car? I mean I love music you know.

12. simaginative
    Uncomfortable

simaginative
    8/12

Yes!! Can you imagine your sim's kids getting on their nerves - so they go outside, get in the car and just start blaring some heavy metal

• Like Like x 1
  13. Theotherdesanta
    Uncomfortable

Theotherdesanta
    19/23

Homerunner
    If we were to get burglars back it would be cool to watch them possibly try and take the car either before or after looting the sims house. Rather than stash the car in their sack of goodies, the thief could use it as a getaway car, depending on how updated it was they could make a speedy escape or break down within two seconds and ask the cop for a lift to prison.

As sims has a few depressing/sketchy options, we could have a chance card that involves a possibly car accident, yes one that could potentially kill the sim involved, it’s not that awful when you think after crashing a spaceship twice your sim pops it’s clogs.

It also brings awareness to safe driving.

When sims are in labour they can take the car, be driven and risk getting pulled over which results in a rage moodlet toward the cop who pulls them over, but this can have a chance card that either lets them go or have to wait or possibly be arrested and have a jail baby.

With cars, bring back bikes and motorcycles! Motorcycles can be higher risk but in the right hands you can preform tricks and wow the ladies, or men whatever floats your plumbob. Of course teens can joyride, play the rebel without a cause because all they feel is the need to fight the system, sadly kids can’t ride this for obvious reasons but they can play with the Helmit while mom or dad works on the engine

• Like Like x 1
  14. OriAngel
    Fine

OriAngel
    6/12

Yes, cars are something I've missed! Your ideas sound great, and are well thought-out. I especially like the detail of pets being able to accompany you and the weather affect. Bikes and motorcycles would be nice options for travelling too.

15. Devin21
    Happy

Devin21
    3/12

Cars were something of a “I can live without but they are nice” aspect until now. Your post made me really miss them from Sims 3.

16. xabesims
    Inspired

xabesims
    3/12

Yes, cars are something I've missed too. All your ideas sound great, I want cars!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thrake
    Happy

Thrake
    8/12

Absolutely! I second that suggestion. I miss my cars from Sims 3.

• Like Like x 1
  18. laravalentine10

laravalentine10
    8/12

I've always used cars as a way to get rid of excess money. For example my sims always start off poor but then they end up with endless money that I have no idea what to do it. In the sims 3 I used to just buy a fancy car and that'd cost loads. But these ideas would be awesome and they'd bring so much gameplay even though it isn't open world.