Cheering up a sad Simmer?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SnarkyWitch, Sep 28, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
  1. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth
    Storyteller

Writer
    This is kind of a weird question, but what do you guys like to do in The Sims to cheer yourselves up when you're feeling low? I mean really low. Grieving, depressed, numb, suffering from anxiety, etc? Is there something you consider your go-to pick-me-up in the game or anything that never fails to at least keep you pleasantly distracted for many hours?

2. Kai Chen
    Happy

Kai Chen Not taking custom mod requests.
    Staff Member

Interpreter
    I often do, although, to be honest, in the last few months, which were particularly hard for me, I didn't. I hope I can get back at it now, even though I'm not too excited for Cats & Dogs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth
    Storyteller

Writer
    I thought I was the only one who felt indifferent towards that expansion. Glad to know someone agrees with me. It's not that I don't want cats and dogs in the game and I'm always hyped for a new world, but I'm just not awestruck. There's also the fact that I had to put my cat of 18 years to sleep today, so thinking about pets in The Sims is hard for me right now. I've been an absolute wreck. That's why I was asking about what people liked to do in The Sims to cheer themselves up when things are difficult. I'm sure I will get the expansion but not until I've healed emotionally. I was never able to play with pets in Sims games after one of my own pets died.

I'm sorry to hear it's been rough for you, too, Kai. :( Best wishes to you. Keep on Simming. <3

4. Ayser Croft
    Sad

Student
    Creating random sims and building, sounds like a strange way but anything to get my mind off things.... I'm sorry for your cat btw <3

5. RoboSpongie
    Dazed

I kinda just create sims then go wild with interior design ( sometimes, sometimes I don't even feel like doing interior design ) I usually focus more on the sims themselves making sure each generation goes alright

• Thank you! Thank you! x 1
  6. Cara Keating

I would normally just play with a sim family that I really love to make me happy, or just make some random sims and mess up their lives so I feel better about mine :bigsmile:

• Like Like x 1
  7. MilaBear

I often turn to a lot of Simmers who post content on YouTube when I'm feeling down!! I like that it feels as if I'm playing with someone in a away, and they can usually make me smile :) (CaptainSauce never fails to make me smile with his Sims series!) seeing what people do in game inspires my own gameplay sometimes too. Sending you lots of love <3