Cherish

Discussion in 'Sims Stories' started by SpectreRage, Feb 25, 2016.

1. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
  1. SpectreRage
    Very Playful

SpectreRage Ultimate Member
    134/135

Student
    Next I'm focussing on Jay.
    Hopefully I'll post the next episode on my channel with tomorrow's chapter at the exact same time. >.<

2. SpectreRage
    Very Playful

134/135

Student
    [​IMG]

Chapter 6

“Look at you,” Jay teased, “Someone’s all bright and cheery from getting a boyfriend.”

Charis hadn’t been able to stop smiling since she woke up. She looked as though her pancakes had been giving her compliments since Jay served them.

“Shut up. Anyway- you don’t have work today, right? Do you want to go hang out?” she asked.

“Nah, maybe next time. I have to go see my sponsor today.”

“Ah, your weekly reports,” Charis said, “You go ahead. I’ll clean up and maybe practice. That cute coffee place down the street said they’ll let me play there.”

Jay smiled.

He liked Charis. She was like that cool sister he never had. He’s been worried about her since she seemed so depressed over her music lately.

Well, at least she seemed in a much better mood since visited the night before. That was good.

“I got some garlic noodles in the fridge. Just heat it up in the microwave, okay? And if you want dessert, I have heart cookies in the jar,” he told her as he prepared to leave.

“Thanks mum!” she called after him.

Jay walked up the familiar path towards the Labelle Manor and rang the doorbell.

He usually went straight in but he forgot his keys that morning in his excitement to see him again.

[​IMG]

A voice on the intercom spoke, “Who’s there?”

“It’s Jaylen.”

He heard the door unlock, “Come in.”

Jaylen stepped into the beautiful house, looking at the familiar sculptures and expensive works of art hanging from the walls. The plush red carpet was soft and impeccably clean.

As always.

Khol was at the top of the stairs and he smiled when he saw Jaylen running up to see him.

“You know what I told you about running around my house,” Khol said, his voice deep, “You’re going to scuff the carpeting.”

“I’m sorry, Mr Labelle,” he said, still grinning.

“Of course you are,” Khol told him, shaking his head ,”Come with me. I have some work to see to. You can tell me about how work has been for you.”

Jay followed him into his office at the end of the corridor.

He always found Khol’s office to be a little intimidating.

But he loved the way the older man looked when he sat behind that heavy mahogany desk, in his smart suit, seated on that expensive leather armchair…

It was hot.

[​IMG]

Khol worked on his computer, answering a few work emails as he listened to Jay report about his promotion.

“And how are your living arrangements?”

“It’s been really great. Charis is nice and she has a pretty big appetite, as long as I cook healthy. Which works for me, since that’s how it’s done at the restaurant.”

Khol glanced up at him for a moment, his eyes narrowing.

“The two of you are getting close then?” he asked.

“Yeah- I kinda wonder if this is what it’s like having a sister.”

“A sister, huh?” Khol repeated, looking less annoyed.

He got to his feet.

“I need to unwind a little,” he said, with a suggestive tone in his voice.

Jay grinned.

[​IMG]

“So I was thinking, maybe we can go out today,” Jay started, “One of my coworkers was telling me about this really nice place in Oasis Spring-“

“I don’t think so, Jaylen,” Khol said, “I have things to see to.”

“That’s what you always say,” Jaylen pointed out, beginning to grow a bit annoyed, “Why do you even bother calling me here if you’re always so busy anyway?”

Khol dealt with Jaylen’s tantrum calmly, “Jay, you know how much my work takes out of me. Can you blame me for wanting to spend a little time with you when I can? But I can’t afford to take too much time away.”

Jaylen tried but failed to stay angry at him as he kissed him again.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

“Right, I need to get back to work-“

“Wait, come here,” Jaylen said with a grin, “Charis was telling me something fun.”

“Oh?” Khol asked, intrigued.

Jaylen simply smiled and pulled him over to the wardrobe in the corner of the room.

[​IMG]

I'm having too much fun with that wardrobe interaction.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SpectreRage
    Very Playful

134/135

Student
    *pats your face*

• Like Like x 1
  4. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth Storyteller
    190/225

Writer
    Whoah plot twist! Love it! Dang gurl all your Sim boys are smokin' hot, haha!

5. SpectreRage
    Very Playful

134/135

Student
    LOL props to @G3n3qu1s for the male sims. I borrowed em from her for the series and dayummm- best decision ever.

So... Jaylen is also most definitely wonderfully gay and therefore not a part of any love triangles.

6. SpectreRage
    Very Playful

134/135

Student

Chapter 7

Charis could barely keep her breakfast down that morning. She was so nervous.

Never before had she had to deal with the butterflies in her stomach.

Jay laughed, "Look at you," he said, "Calm down, Charis. You're going to do just fine."

"Thanks- but- it's just been so long since I've performed in public. And this isn't a recital- this is in a public space!" Charis told him, her stomach still cramping from her nervousness.

"Charis- you're my friend and I love you, so believe me when I say, your music is wonderful. Now- on more important matters, didn't you say you want to invite a couple of people to the cafe?" Jay asked.

"I don't know... what if I end up embarassing myself?" she asked.

"Just call of 'em," Jay said firmly.

Charis nodded. She called Dreydan- remembering she promised to call him if she ever played in public.

The phone rang a couple of times when it stopped and a deep voice spoke, "Hello?"

"Hello, Drey? It's me! Charis!"

"Oh, Charis- what's up? Did you lock yourself out of the house again?" he asked cheerfully.

Charis managed a smile, "No- I was wondering if you'd like to come to the cafe down the road with me and Jay. I'll be playing."

"Sure! Definitely! I'll meet you guys there," Drey said excitedly.

That was a relief.

Next, Charis tried calling Sergio. But after only one ring, the call was cancelled on his end.

Charis frowned and looked at the phone.

They had been going out for awhile now, with him dropping by her place fairly often during the evenings and staying the night.

Not long after, she got a short message from him simply saying; "Sry. Busy."

Charis was disappointed; she had hoped he'd be there.

"Hey- Charis, which shirt do you think- what's wrong?"

"It's nothing- Sergio said he's busy."

"He always seems to be. The only time he comes round is at night."

"Yeah, I guess he's working. And the blue shirt always looks great on you."

"Thanks."

Charis decided to go straight for the kind of music she was good at; a concerto.

As she warmed up, Jay decided to pop into the cafe quickly for a cannoli and a coffee. He also decided to have a chat with Drey.

The older man had been looking at Charis with... a great deal of interest. I mean, he had hearts in his eyes when they were watching Charis play one of her pieces earlier.

"Yeah," Drey said, sounding a little dismissive, "She's- um- great. I mean, she's really nice and funny and-" he stopped and cleared his throat, a blush creeping up to his dark cheeks.

"Yeah? So, what's your favourite part of her?" Jay couldn't help but probe.

He just wanted to make sure Charis was okay.

"Well, her determination," Drey said at once, "I mean, she's trying her hardest to pursue music and she's always practicing so hard. She just doesn't give up and that's amazing. I mean-" he glanced at away, "I wish I had that determination in life."

Jay relaxed. "Yeah, she's great."

By the evening, a few people had come about and even left tips for Charis. Even the famous Mortimer Goth applauded her!

"Come here, you," Jay told Charis, "I'm so proud of you. You did great."

Charis accepted his hug enthusiastically, "Thanks, Jay. Come on, let's head home."

7. SpectreRage
    Very Playful

134/135

Student
    Also, ignore the captions on those photos. I just had to come up with something when posting them

8. directionermimux
    Fine

directionermimux Nerdo Creator
    165/180

Graphic Designer/Student
    Well done lil' one. ♥

• Thank you! Thank you! x 1
  9. SpectreRage
    Very Playful

134/135

Student
    *pats your face*

10. Adelajde21

Adelajde21
    13/23

Nice! Please more!

11. SpectreRage
    Very Playful

134/135

Student
    *pats your face*

• Like Like x 1
  12. SpectreRage
    Very Playful

134/135

Student

Chapter 8

To celebrate her success- Jay decided to whip up her favourite pasta for dinner. It was a shame that Dreydan had to head home to get ready for work.

"So did you and Drey manage to talk?" Charis asked, eating the tofu meatball.

"Yeah, we did," Jay said, "He was pretty cute and he seems really nice."

"Yeah, he is."

"And he seems really fond of you as well," Jay added, wondering if he had to spell it out for her.

Charis beamed, dabbing her lips with a napkin, "That's great! I really like him too."

Oh EA, this girl is dense, Jay thought to himself. He wasn't quite sure if that was a good thing or a bad one. Ah well- it wasn't his place to tell her outright anyway. Especially considering how she had a boyfriend now.

*Ding dong*

Speak of the devil.

Charis ran to answer the door whilst Jay cleared up. He did not like Sergio at all.

So far whenever he met the man, he seemed to have his eyes set on Charis' belongings and house rather than who she was. He put the dishes in the dishwasher and went out to the porch to interrupt the kiss.

"Really, you two? You could at least come in first," he said.

Charis reddened, "Yeah, sorry," she said, "Right- Sergio, come in. I'm just going to run upstairs to take a quick shower, okay?"

"Yeah, sure," he said with an easy going grin.

Jay's eyes narrowed, "Yeah, come in," he said.

Charis ran upstairs while Sergio sat in the living room comfortably, looking round the place. Charis' parents had decorated the place lavishly with expensive decorations and art and a crystal chandelier.

"So... Cherry was playing at the cafe the whole day today- where were you?" Jay asked, sitting down as well.

"Oh, you know- I was busy with stuff."

"We were there from breakfast till 6pm. You couldn't have dropped by?" he asked.

"Like I said, I was busy- what's up with you anyway?" Sergio said, suddenly getting riled up.

"All I'm saying is, if my girlfriend was performing in public for the first time in years, I would have been there, even for five minutes, for support," Jay told him, remembering how disappointed Charis had looked when Sergio couldn't make it.

Sergio scowled, "Hey, it's none of your business, okay. If Charis doesn't care, then why should you?" he snapped, "I'm gonna go upstairs. I don't have to sit here and take it."

Jay scowled as the man disappeared up the stairs. He only ever went up to Charis' room with her expressed permission.

Upstairs, Charis stepped out the bathroom to see Sergio already getting ready for bed.

"Hey, what's wrong?" she asked.

"Oh nothing- hey, I heard you did great today."

He looked so excited for her, it was sweet. Charis laughed, "Yeah, it was great! One of the Goths were there as well!"

"That's so cool!"

She smiled and kissed him.

"You're so sweet, Sergio."

He just grinned.

"Jay, just chill," Charis told her best friend in the kitchen the next morning, "Sergio was just busy with work yesterday. He was so sweet about it yesterday," she said.

"You didn't fall for his stupid excuses, did you?"

Charis shook her head, "Look, calm down," she said, "I need to go do my morning yoga. Sergio should be coming down in a little bit so please just be nice, okay? You're my friend and he's my boyfriend- and I'd like it if you two got along."

Jay scowled, "Fine- go on."

She patted his arm and hurried upstairs to practice her usual yoga routine.

As Jay washed the pots and pans, Sergio came down the stairs for breakfast.

Jay wondered if he had time to spit in his orange juice as the waiters in the restaurant sometimes did for the insufferable patrons.

"What's up with you?" Sergio asked with a smirk.

Jay sat down, still scowling, "Look- let's make this clear, I don't like you. I don't trust you with Cherry."

"Well, I don't care if you like me or not. Just a reminder- you're just renting a room in her house," Sergio said, "It's pathetic that you're trying to chase me out. Worried she's going to throw you out? You're just going to spend the rest of your life washing dishes anyway."

"Are you looking to pick a fight with me?"

"Aw, you don't like how I just pointed out the truth?"

"That's it!"

Charis frowned in the middle of her routine.

What's that noise? she wondered. There was some muffled thumping noises coming from downstairs.

It was probably the radio. Jay liked listening to some loud techno sometimes.

Back to yoga.​

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. SpectreRage
    Very Playful

134/135

Student
    :D *shaking intensifies*

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mini Simmer
    Inspired

Mini Simmer
    8/12

Such a great story....

15. MLDesign
    Very Inspired

MLDesign
    1/12

Freelance Graphic Designer
    That had a funny ending. Anyway, nice story. I like it thus far.