Do You Like The Idea Of Stuff Packs For Expansion Packs?

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 My First Pet' started by Kai Chen, Mar 5, 2018.

1. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
?

What do you think of the concept of Stuff Packs for Expansion Packs?

1. I'm all for expanding content we love.

2. It should have been in the original EP. This is double dipping.

3. For most EPs, no. But cats and dogs are pretty much like sims and deserve ongoing content.

4. I get all Packs, anyway.

5. I don't buy SPs.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. WonkySimming
    Inspired

WonkySimming
    3/12

I can't justify shelling out any more money to EA after this. It clearly should've been a part of C&D, or at least a patch to the expansion. It's a cash grab and nothing more. I'm a collector and completionist by nature, but I'm not going to be spending any more money on this game. Torrenting it is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Blade X
    Fine

Blade X
    19/23

Normally I would say not to use utorrent but...This I can understand

3. Kai Chen
    Happy

Kai Chen Not taking custom mod requests. Staff Member
    180/225

Interpreter
    Let's please avoid discussing piracy, as it is against the forum rules. Thank you.

4. JulesB

JulesB
    3/12

This is honestly such a bad idea... I don't understand stuff packs (the only one I loved was the movie hangout stuff because it actually brought interesting interactions and beautiful furniture). I understand this is a business but it would work much better to come out every few months with a bigger pack with a few new things so that everyone could find something they like in it?? For example I want butlers and jacuzzi but I'm not about to spend £10 on each pack to get them.
    Just a little thing to think about: if you want all the features that are currently available in the sims 4, you'd have to spend £435... (and we still don't have seasons, universities, out of school activities...)

5. Jase ~
    Inspired

Jase ~
    8/12

I have to agree with you 100% about the zero consequences...
    That's probably one of the biggest thing that I miss from TS2 and TS3 (besides missing NPCs) when compared to TS4. While I really enjoy the game and have lots of fun playing it, sometimes it can be a bit too "rainbows and lollipops" and it would be nice to have some of the twists/surprises that it's predecessors gameplay had.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ian
    Fine

Ian
    18/23

I feel like buying it would just encourage them to keep doing it. At this point it's a genuine concern for me that Seasons would come in separate packs lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. LukasSim100

LukasSim100
    3/12

I totaly agree with you! The only thing close to TS2 & TS3 that makes the game more fun to play for me is stuff like lot traits (for example the spider one from jungle adventure) and the food from city living where you could die eating. i really would like to have more risky stuff in the sims 4

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. oliviadzielinska
    Confident

oliviadzielinska
    8/12

The only stuff packs I enjoyed were the ones created for sims 2. After that, it really just went downhill plus the super high price :( it all should be in the original expansion packs to begin with

9. oliviadzielinska
    Confident

oliviadzielinska
    8/12

Yes!! I feel exactly the same. I think that no matter what, without Seasons and University it just doesn’t feel too exciting for me to play. Plus no cars, no holidays (beaches) to visit. Ugh

10. Zeusmomo
    Inspired

Zeusmomo
    28/45

Student
    If they wanted to make a stuff pack for an expansion pack at least make it good or at least make it in a way so that it is not bonded the expansion to play with it. Like hamsters are cute and they have nothing to do with cats&dogs Ep to play with them, I have no problem with related content that would make the game deeper. Now that we have seasons we can cooperate Backyard Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff and more. Tha adds more depth in gameplay but otherwise it's just a waste of money.