Do you think Forgotton Hollow can expand in the future?

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 Vampires' started by Zeusmomo, Jan 23, 2017.

1. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
  1. Zeusmomo
    Inspired

Zeusmomo
    28/45

Student
    If there will be new Supernatural Gamepacks in the future do you think Forgotton Hollow will add more neighborhoods?

• Like Like x 1
  2. GamerGirlsNetwork
    Focused

GamerGirlsNetwork
    59/68

The gurus mentioned, around the time City Living was coming out, that they won't/can't go back and change shipped worlds. That adding new lots or changing lot configurations can/will mess up the files of people playing in that town. So, I would say no, they won't change Forgotten Hollow.

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. WizardJeremy
    Inspired

WizardJeremy Master Sorcerer and Life State Enthusiast Storyteller
    54/68

i hope they will create a workaround for it cause the gurus said changing shipped worlds can corrupt saves of sims living in that area. but they said when seasons come around they will make sure it will be accessed in all worlds and not restricted to one world

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ke_Wired
    Fine

ke_Wired Ultimate Member
    68/90

College Student
    It'd be nice. I've wanted them to expand existing worlds since the base game released.

At one point, SimGuruGrant did say that they could potentially go back and add more neighborhoods and expand them. But then we had the City Living issue about corrupting saves. Maybe when Grant said that, they didn't know what effect expanding worlds would have?

I can understand problems expanding actual neighborhoods, but I don't get why it would be as much of a problem adding new neighborhoods to an existing world. Wouldn't the biggest issue be redoing the map view? I'm no programmer by any means though, so I don't know how much trouble that is.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth Storyteller
    190/225

Writer
    Probably not. I was a bit sad that Forgotten Hollow was so small, but on the plus side, I really enjoy being able to explore the whole town with no loading screens. :) There was a lot in this pack, though, I definitely can't hold Forgotten Hollow's size against the team. They really did a great job.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Ifirifis4
    Happy

Ifirifis4
    8/12

I hope so, but I don't think the game code will let the developers do it... :(

7. amandieu
    Dazed

amandieu
    3/12

Triangle Wizard
    I'm guessing they meant the layouts for the worlds. I feel like seasons would mean changing tree/ground textures depending on the seasons. So it may be doable!