Does "Hook up" ever actually work?

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 Get Together' started by pearlbh, Jan 10, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
  1. pearlbh

Freelance Writer
    I've tried this a couple of times but the Sims to be hooked up always have excuses, i.e., "I don't really know her that well," "Well, that didn't go well. We won't be dating again anytime soon." How friendly do the Sims have to be for a hook up to work? What's the point in being able to hook up two Sims if it only works with Sims who are friends, which you can't control with Sims you're not playing?

It also is apparently impossible to hook up a member of your own household with anybody. I like the idea of the hook up feature, but it doesn't seem to be a very good thing the way it's designed. Am I missing something?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. nicros

So far it worked 1 out of 4 times in my game, I tried to hook up members of my household with others non-played households. But I still would want to know how it works, what the requirements for it to work are because right now it just seems kind of random.

3. Kai Chen
    Happy

Kai Chen Not taking custom mod requests.
    Staff Member

Interpreter
    I kind of like if there is a bit of a challenge.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. G3n3qu1s
    Bored

G3n3qu1s Crazy Lady Here
    Storyteller

Horse Chaser, Future Youtuber
    Oh yes every time I've hooked someone up with someone else I've gotten a text that says they are dating the person.

5. Annabelle
    Dazed

The three of four times I have tried it has been successful. Perhaps that is because the two I've hooked up are in the same group/s or already live together. I'm not too sure of the requirements but you would think it is mandatory for their to be a minimum level friendship, at least - The same way it is for our active Sims to create a romantic interest.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Daisy B.
    Very Happy

Ultimate Member

Simmer
    I guess it's hard to force relationships. Sometimes they just aren't mean to be together. Maybe they made it especially rare for it to actually work because of that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Yennifur
    Very Focused

I can't quite figure out when it even becomes an option. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. Anyone?

8. Saffize
    Focused

Premium Member

Professional Procrastinator
    It's been successful in my game, my sims suggested a club member hook up with one of her housemates, a little while later I got a message saying thanks because they were now dating!

9. Vihisha
    Focused

Creator, Designer, Gamer
    I have not tried this in any of my games yet..but I've seen other do it on their LP's....it's pretty cute =)

10. ALotLikeWords
    Focused

ALotLikeWords Illustrator & Nerdzilla
    Supreme Member

Student
    i just...
    hook up to me doesn't mean they should be dating afterwards lmao
    How can i truly have a party sim if they can't kiss a stranger and move on without some random getting jealous and violent. Would love a mod for this interaction tbh to lower whatever requirements there are and not force a full romance. there's stories to be written about sims that kiss more than they date

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Shinzhia
    Inspired

Supreme Member

Painter
    well, hook up for me, doesn't mean they need to move on to "dating"...
    for me (language) it's more like a ah... "one night stand"
    yeah i know its not the only definition...

unless maybe they share a lot of traits and the system would actually score them 90-100% compatible which can be a rare chance.
    i just like it for my sims to get weird sometimes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SpectreRage
    Very Playful

Ultimate Member

Student
    I've been trying it but it hasn't worked D:

13. SimmerDownSouth
    Happy

Staff Member

Biochemist
    Where they actually in a relationship after that or was that just a notification?

• Like Like x 1
  14. SpectreRage
    Very Playful

Ultimate Member

Student
    Nu! I have been petted D:

15. Mr.Ultraviolence
    Fine

Mr.Ultraviolence A Certified Potato
    Storyteller

Coffee Enthusiast
    I wanted my sim to hook up with someone but he/she was married so I couldn't hooked them up. it maybe depends if your sims or other sims are in a relationship they can't do the the Hook up interaction

16. PixiesAdventures
    Dazed

Same lol! They even thanked me, so I guess it worked!

17. friendsfan36
    Playful

my sim ayden succesfully hooked up his best friend and sister. their still together and happily married . ayden who was married when he hooked them up is now divorced.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sdg4407
    Inspired

Future Web Designer
    I've never seen this option?:confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Adamskii6
    Energized

It's really easy to miss, but it's under 'Friendly' then 'Other sims' and lastly 'Hook up with':)

20. dzejanx

Student
    Omg, I didn't even know about this option. Gonna try it asap.