Genetic Unnatural Hair Colours for Kids & Tots (Base Game + All Packs)

Discussion in 'Custom Content Corner' started by SnarkyWitch, Aug 25, 2018.

1. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
  1. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth Storyteller
    190/225

Writer
    #1 SnarkyWitch, Aug 25, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    :shootingstar: Genetic Unnatural Hair Colours for Kids & Tots (Base Game + All Packs) :shootingstar:

[​IMG]

My resources hosted here on SC Social inevitably got too big and cumbersome to deal with, so I moved them to my simblr and compiled everything into one nice and easy download for you. Please like and reblog if you download and maybe follow my simblr as well? I'm primarily a storyteller. ;)

I’m not much of a CC creator but a while back, I wanted to play a perfect genetics challenge in The Sims 4. I just had one problem; kids and toddlers don’t have any unnatural hair colours so they couldn’t inherit the unnatural hair colours of their parents. I was so frustrated by this that I learned to recolour hair just so I could fix it.

I’ve recoloured all the child and toddler hair in the game (base game + all packs thus far) to match the 6 unnatural colour swatches available to adults; purple pastel, hot pink, dark blue, turquoise, green, and white. The hair is genetic, meaning that children can inherit these hair colours from their parents.

Instructions
    1. Download and unzip
    2. Put folder in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods
    The files are organized by pack in the folders so you can pick and choose according to which packs you have. Only install files for packs that you have installed.

Notes:
    I have not included all colours for the frosted/ombre hair from Perfect Patio and Backyard Stuff. I could not get most of the colours to look nice and I refuse to give you crappy quality cc.

2. Atreya

Atreya
    3/12

When I came looking for the seasons recolors and noticed all the existing threads had been deleted, I was kind of worried. Luckily I found this post. I overlooked it at first.

Thanks again for making these.

• Thank you! Thank you! x 1
  3. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth Storyteller
    190/225

Writer
    No problem! :)

I would have loved to have continued hosting here. I absolutely love SC and SC Social, but unfortunately the download just got too big to keep up with. Sorry about the wait for Seasons. I do try to get every pack (unless I absolutely hate it but so far there are only 2 I've hated enough not to even bother buying and they don't come with child or toddler hair) but I couldn't afford a new expansion and had to wait for my birthday to get it as a present.

The download should be a lot easier to manage now and a lot easier on your game, too. File names are more clear, are organised better, and I've merged all the package files to minimise the number of files the game needs to read when it loads.