1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
    Dismiss Notice

Gold Digger Challenge

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by SnarkyWitch, Jan 10, 2016.

1. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth Storyteller
    140/180

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Parenthood, Sims 4 Fitness Stuff

I really miss the Gold Digger aspiration from Sims 3 which was to see the ghost of your wealthy spouse. As someone who likes to play the game a bit evilly sometimes, I found this delightfully wicked and decided to create a challenge for Sims 4 around the same idea.

UPDATES
    02/21/16: Updated the challenge for Romantic Garden Stuff and the latest game patch. All the latest updates will be highlighted in red in the rules.
    02/25/16: Updated the challenge to increase the size of the "rich pool" and allow your Gold Digger to marry more Sims.

06/09/16: Updated the challenge to accommodate Dine Out.

Objective

Marry (and kill off) as many wealthy Sims as you can on a Normal lifespan with no cheats.

Starting Out
    • Create a Sim in CAS. This Sim must be a young adult and have the Materialistic trait but you can select their other two traits and their aspiration. Their gender and appearance do not matter. Use whatever CC you want while creating your Sim.
    • February patch update: Your Sim may have the Klepto trait and steal things from other Sims but they cannot sell anything they've stolen. They can only keep it and use it for themselves or return it to the original owner. Your Sim can have the Grilled Cheese aspiration.
    • Move them into any starter home in any of the worlds that you like. Their home can be a Maxis pre-built, a downloaded home from the Gallery or a home you built yourself. The only requirement is that your Sim must be able to afford it with their starting funds.

Challenge Rules
    • Your Sim may not ever hold a job, sell anything that has accumulated in their inventory or do anything to make money in any way. They must rely solely on their spouse's funds to survive.
    • As soon as your Sim gets settled into a starter lot, their main objective should be to marry a wealthy Sim as soon as possible. Of course, none of the townies will be suitable for this purpose. You'll have to set your sights on one of the pre-established Maxis made Sims in any of the worlds.
    • A "wealthy" Sim for the purposes of this challenge is a Sim with at least $45,000 in household funds along with a home worth at least $100,000. To help you out a bit (since this is impossible to know without doing research), I've compiled a list of acceptable households to focus on:
    • The Goths in Willow Creek
    • The Spencer-Kim-Lewises in Willow Creek
    • The Landgraabs in Oasis Springs
    • The Villareals in Windenburg
    • Any Sim of young adult age or older in any of these households is acceptable to marry. They are considered wealthy Sims by this challenge's definition.
    • UPDATE: It's come to my attention that with only 4 households to choose from, your Gold Digger could potentially run out of spouses before they become elderly even if they wait for some of the teens in those households to become young adults to marry later on. To combat this, I'm introducing a Gallery feature of this challenge where players can create and upload their own households and lots using the hashtag #golddiggerloves (similar to Pinstar's #legacyloves tag). You can make single Sims or families and build homes for players to put them in. When building homes, you must make sure the home is worth $100,000 to comply with the challenge.
    • When searching the Gallery with the #golddiggerloves tag, you can choose any households or lots you find there to place in your game (as long as the lot is worth at least $100,000). Alternatively, you can just use the Gallery filter to look for residential lots worth $100,000 or more. None of the households you download will have the $45,000 in starting funds or be able to purchase a home worth $100,000 so you may use the "freerealestate" and "motherlode" cheats to get them set up. Just like with the Maxis wealthy families, your Sim still must meet them on a community lot or common space in town somewhere.
    • The gender of your spouse has no bearing on the challenge. Both same-sex and opposite-sex marriages are fine and count for the challenge.
    • Since you already know exactly who to set your sights on at the start of the challenge, it'd be a little too easy to just go over to their house and introduce yourself, wouldn't it? :p If you have not already met a Sim, you cannot go over to their house. You'll have to meet someone from the household that you want to marry into on a community lot somewhere before being able to visit their home. You can also meet them in common space (so if you see them wandering around your neighbourhood or jogging past your house, you can introduce yourself and meet them that way as well).
    • Once you've found a wealthy Sim whom you want your Sim to marry, build up the relationship as normal until the option to Propose comes up. You may break up marriages in order to marry the Sim you want. (So for example, if you want to marry Mortimer Goth, you can build up your relationship with him until you're able to request that he divorce Bella, at which point, you can become engaged to him since he's no longer married to Bella).
    • You must move in with the Sim that you marry in order to take control of their funds and home. You may be merciful and allow the other Sims in that house to stay there or you can be not-so-merciful and kick them out or kill them off.
    • You must immediately attempt to start killing off your spouse once you are married to them, but not until a few things happen, first:
    • You must consummate the marriage with your spouse (WooHoo)
    • You must have at least one child with your spouse (by natural birth if opposite-sex marriage or by adoption if same-sex marriage). If you're playing as a female Sim in an opposite-sex marriage, you may start killing your husband off as soon as it's confirmed that your Sim is pregnant. If you're playing as a male Sim in an opposite-sex marriage, you must wait for your wife to give birth before you start trying to kill her off.
    • You may NEVER kill off any of your Sim's children.
    • You cannot cheat to kill your spouse and since killing Sims is a bit trickier in this game than in previous games, this might take some time. Any method of death counts, including overexertion by WooHoo if your spouse is an elder.
    • When your spouse inevitably shuffles off this mortal coil, you must place their tombstone somewhere on your home lot. You cannot begin trying to marry another Sim until the ghost of your last spouse has appeared on the lot at least once. It would look suspicious if you didn't take some time to grieve, after all! ;)
    • Once the ghost of your spouse has appeared on the lot, you can begin the same process over again, trying to do this as many times as you can before your Sim becomes an elder.
    • Whenever you move to a new lot to move in with your new spouse, you must take any and all tombstones with you and place them on the new lot. You must also take all of your children with you. The ghosts and children are your burden and you must carry them with you throughout the challenge, much like the chains Jacob Marley must carry with him in A Christmas Carol.
    • The challenge ends when your Sim becomes an elder. The more money you have at the end of the challenge and the more tombstones of spouses you have on your lot, the better you did. I'll come up with a point system for this challenge once enough people play test it and I'm sure it works fine in-game.
    Get To Work Rules
    • Your Sim cannot start a business until they are married. After they are married, you can have your Sim's spouse start a business then just keep the business after their death. Your Sim will need to hire employees to run the business and cannot do anything to help with running the business except buying upgrades, opening and closing, and collecting revenue. Your Sim's employees must take care of cleaning, making sales and restocking.
    Romantic Garden Stuff Rules
    • Your Sim may use the Wishing Well anytime they desire. Since the Wishing Well can work against your Sim as much as it can work for them, I find the "use at your own risk" element to be a sufficient handicap so I won't restrict this.
    Dine Out Rules
    • Just like retail businesses, your Sim's spouse may purchase a restaurant which your Sim can then collect the revenue from, but your Sim cannot do anything to help run or maintain the restaurant beyond hiring/firing employees, buying restaurant perks and setting up the restaurant to your liking in the business tab. Your Sim's spouse, teenage children and any teenage step-children they might have living in the household with them must take care of all the management duties like welcoming diners and checking on their tables, giving diners free food or drinks, criticizing/praising employees and giving them inspirational speeches, cleaning up the restaurant, etc. Your Sim may have the restaurant open while they are not there.

Optional Alien Challenge (for Get To Work)
    • You must make your Sim an alien at the beginning of the challenge
    • Your spouse cannot discover your Sim is an alien until after the wedding. If your potential spouse discovers your Sim is an alien before the wedding, you must kill them off as soon as possible and search for a new target.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 4
  2. Wings1210
    Happy

Wings1210
    13/23

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff

This Is Awesome I Think I Will Try This. Thanks newyearren[1].png

• Thank you! Thank you! x 1
  3. Wings1210
    Happy

Wings1210
    13/23

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff

Always Looking For Different ways To Play, So Thank You!!!!!

• Thank you! Thank you! x 1
  4. LollyAGoGo

LollyAGoGo
    3/12

Am I able to control the Sim spouse to do interactions that may cause them to die, such as have them race in a rocket ship? Or is that considered cheating? Also, I uploaded to the gallery my golddigger for the challenge. User LollyAGoGo sim, look for Golddigger1.0 (for base game only) or Golddigger1.1 for the sim I'm playing if you would like to check her out or use her yourself. :)

edit - I'm going to take them down tonight because I don't know how to edit the description - I need to add hashtags for other people to find them and I was going to include the link to this challenge. Maybe one of the Let's Play youtubers will use her, that would be fun!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  5. evellynn37
    Bored

evellynn37
    14/23

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Get To Work

Well this sounds like fun. I think I might go create a sim now.

6. evellynn37
    Bored

evellynn37
    14/23

Mortimer is one tough nut to crack. Jeez.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LollyAGoGo

LollyAGoGo
    3/12

So far so good - day one she made friends with Mortimer and Geoffrey, and built up a relationship with Villareal. I went for him first because he's already an old man. Day two they married and she was pregnant but he's spry for an old man. We had to go at it four times before death by overexertion via woohoo! She's about to be in her third trimester and I think I'm going for Mortimer next. In the meantime she is building charisma with her stepchildren to hopefully make her romantic overtures more successful. Landgraab you will eventually see if you go to a gym, I just happened to run into Mortimer in a coffee shop and Villareal at Oasis Springs park. I'm not sure where to hang out to run into Spencer-Kim-Lewis in public. He was always coming over to visit when I was doing the Legacy challenge using the property in Willow Creek because we were neighbors. Maybe I'll just stroll through the neighborhood until I run into him.

8. Shinzhia
    Inspired

Shinzhia Supreme Member
    140/180

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff, Sims 4 Parenthood, Sims 4 Fitness Stuff

I can smell blood...hmn...
    :yum:
    my favorite partner in crime would be very delighted.
    :bigsmile:
    let's see... I'm currently playing a challenge right now... once I'm done with it...
    My Angelica will take this on... gonna start thinking of a plot for now... so bookmarked this one.
    I will reserve a character for this... gonna need a few tweaking,
    [​IMG]
    Face of an Angel, Thoughts of a Demon

• Like Like x 1
  9. LollyAGoGo

LollyAGoGo
    3/12

That sounds fun, Shinzhia. I have an evil female Sim in reserve. I always play nice in all of my games and thought it would be fun to play a jerk. She's evil and romantic with the heartbreaker aspiration (I forget the actual name of it but that might even be it) so she's going to be nice to all the guys and mean to all the girls. Right now I have the gold digger, 100 babies, and a hippie detective with aging off so she's going to have to wait, though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Shinzhia
    Inspired

Shinzhia Supreme Member
    140/180

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff, Sims 4 Parenthood, Sims 4 Fitness Stuff

@LollyAGoGo
    aye... i'm thinking of a nice trait that would go along Evil... and the right aspiration too.
    dang! honestly, i've been thinking about this challenge since my last post.
    OP made sleepless ahahaha!

• Like Like x 1
  11. evellynn37
    Bored

evellynn37
    14/23

• Like Like x 1
  12. LollyAGoGo

LollyAGoGo
    3/12

13. LollyAGoGo

LollyAGoGo
    3/12

My Sim for this challenge is Romantic, Self Assured, and Snob. I didn't want materialistic though it would fit because she'd be high maintenance to play. After I hit up all these rich dudes I'm going to build a really large house somewhere and continue the game through her children. A "good" trait could be active, or perhaps outgoing? I don't know if outgoing is canceled by evil. My Sim's aspiration is Mansion Baron.

• Like Like x 1
  14. LollyAGoGo

LollyAGoGo
    3/12

15. evellynn37
    Bored

evellynn37
    14/23

I uploaded it to the media section first. I found them in the screenshots folder in the Electronics Art folder in my documents.

• Like Like x 1
  16. LollyAGoGo

LollyAGoGo
    3/12

Thanks!

17. LollyAGoGo

LollyAGoGo
    3/12

[​IMG][/url][/IMG] [​IMG][/url][/IMG] lb1.png
    Ohhh, hey, I just now noticed the upload a file, that was actually easier. So, this is Loralei Beauchamp, my gold digger. :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Shinzhia
    Inspired

Shinzhia Supreme Member
    140/180

Woah! She looked gorgeous @LollyAGoGo Nice name too :)
    Well... well.. it didn't mentioned we cannot have a retail store...

@ashleighanne90
    OP please confirm if it's ok to have a retail store.
    thanks

• Like Like x 1
  19. LollyAGoGo

LollyAGoGo
    3/12

Thank you! I uploaded her to the gallery so anyone can play her.

• Like Like x 1
  20. LollyAGoGo

LollyAGoGo
    3/12

Uh oh. She is pregnant with Mortimer's (husband #2) baby and bought a rocket ship. She was going to build it and have him race it haha. But I just realized I forgot to bring Villareal's urn with me so now I have to start the challenge ALL OVER!

• Like Like x 1