Gold Digger Challenge

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by SnarkyWitch, Jan 10, 2016.

1. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
  1. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth Storyteller
    190/225

Writer
    #1 SnarkyWitch, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    I really miss the Gold Digger aspiration from Sims 3 which was to see the ghost of your wealthy spouse. As someone who likes to play the game a bit evilly sometimes, I found this delightfully wicked and decided to create a challenge for Sims 4 around the same idea.

Updates
    11/01/2017: Major update to include all packs so far. I've also added optional occult rules for both vampires and aliens and reorganized the challenge into more clearly defined sections. This should make it easier to find exactly what you're looking for.
    02/21/16: Updated the challenge for Romantic Garden Stuff and the latest game patch. All the latest updates will be highlighted in red in the rules.
    02/25/16: Updated the challenge to increase the size of the "rich pool" and allow your Gold Digger to marry more Sims.
    06/09/16: Updated the challenge to accommodate Dine Out.
    :handrose::ghost::handrose::ghost::handrose::ghost::handrose::ghost::handrose::ghost::handrose:

Objective

Marry (and kill off) as many wealthy Sims as you can on a Normal lifespan with no cheats.

Starting Out
    • Create a Sim in CAS. This Sim must be a young adult and have the Materialistic trait but you can select their other two traits and their aspiration. Their gender customisations and appearance do not matter. Use whatever CC you want while creating your Sim.
    • Move them into any starter home in any of the worlds that you like. Their home can be a Maxis pre-built, a downloaded home from the Gallery or a home you built yourself. The only requirement is that your Sim must be able to afford it with their starting funds.
    The Rich Pool
    • For the purposes of this challenge, the definition of a "rich Sim" is a Sim with at least $45,000 in household funds and a home worth at least $100,000.
    • Townies will not meet these requirements so you must select your spouses from the premade selection. The following is a list of acceptable households to focus on. Any Sims of young adult age or older in any of these households are okay to marry:
      • The Goths in Willow Creek
      • The Spencer-Kim-Lewises in Willow Creek
      • The Landgraabs in Oasis Springs
      • The Villareals in Windenburg
      • The Fengs in San Myshuno
      • The Delgatos in Brindleton Bay
    • If your Gold Digger runs out of premade rich Sims to marry and kill off before they become an elder, you may create new households to move into your worlds. Use cheats to move them into homes worth $100,000 or more and give them $45,000 in household funds. These Sims must be given random traits and aspirations. You can't cherry pick their personalities.
    • You can also upload/download your Gold Digger households and homes to/from the Gallery using the hashtag #golddiggerloves. Make sure any homes uploaded or downloaded for the challenge are worth at least $100,000.
    • Your Gold Digger cannot simply go visit a potential spouse's house and introduce themselves. They must meet them naturally out in the world somewhere. Once your Gold Digger has introduced themselves to a member of a rich household, they can then visit their homes.

Challenge Rules (Base Game)
    The following rules are for the updated base game. If you don't own any packs, you can play with these rules and safely disregard everything else.
    • Your Gold Digger may not ever hold a job, sell anything that has accumulated in their inventory or do anything to make money in any way. They must rely solely on their spouse's funds to survive.
    • As soon as your Gold Digger gets settled into a starter lot, their main objective should be to marry a wealthy Sim as soon as possible. See The Rich Pool section for details on wealthy Sims.
    • The gender of your spouse has no bearing on the challenge. Both same-sex and opposite-sex marriages are fine and count for the challenge.
    • Once you've found a wealthy Sim whom you want your Gold Digger to marry, build up the relationship as normal until the option to Propose comes up. You may break up marriages in order to marry the Sim you want. For example, if you want to marry Mortimer Goth, you can build up your relationship with him until you're able to request that he divorce Bella, at which point, you can become engaged to him since he's no longer married to Bella.
    • You must move in with the Sim that you marry in order to take control of their funds and home. You may be merciful and allow the other Sims in that house to stay there or you can be not-so-merciful and kick them out or kill them off.
    • You must immediately attempt to start killing off your spouse once you are married to them, but not until a few things happen, first:
      • You must consummate the marriage with your spouse (WooHoo)
      • You must have at least one child with your spouse (by natural birth if opposite-sex marriage or by adoption if same-sex marriage). If you're playing as a female Sim in an opposite-sex marriage, you may start killing your husband off as soon as it's confirmed that your Sim is pregnant. If you're playing as a male Sim in an opposite-sex marriage, you must wait for your wife to give birth before you start trying to kill her off.
    • You may NEVER kill off any of your Gold Digger's children.
    • You cannot cheat to kill your spouse and since killing Sims is a bit trickier in this game than in previous games, this might take some time. Any method of death counts, including overexertion by WooHoo if your spouse is an elder.
    • When your spouse inevitably shuffles off this mortal coil, you must place their tombstone somewhere on your home lot. You cannot begin trying to marry another Sim until the ghost of your last spouse has appeared on the lot at least once. It would look suspicious if you didn't take some time to grieve, after all! ;)
    • Once the ghost of your spouse has appeared on the lot, you can begin the same process over again, trying to do this as many times as you can before your Gold Digger becomes an elder.
    • Whenever you move to a new lot to move in with your new spouse, you must take any and all tombstones with you and place them on the new lot. You must also take all of your children with you. The ghosts and children are your burden and you must carry them with you throughout the challenge, much like the chains Jacob Marley must carry with him in A Christmas Carol.
    • The challenge ends when your Gold Digger becomes an elder. The more money you have at the end of the challenge and the more tombstones of spouses you have on your lot, the better you did. There is no point system but you can post your results to compare with other players if you wish.
    Expansions
    The following rules are for the expansion packs. Comply with the expansion rules you have and disregard the ones you don't.

Get To Work
    • Your Gold Digger may not be an alien. [See Optional Occult Rules for exceptions]
    • Your Gold Digger cannot start a business until they are married. After they are married, you can have their spouse start a business then just keep the business after their death. Your Gold Digger will need to hire employees to run the business and cannot do anything to help with running the business except buying upgrades, opening and closing, and collecting revenue. Your Gold Digger's employees must take care of cleaning, making sales and restocking.
    • Your Gold Digger cannot join any of the new active careers.
    • Your Gold Digger may build the Baking skill but cannot sell any of the sweets they bake.
    Get Together
    • Your Gold Digger may join and create clubs as long as the club rules don't violate any other challenge rules.
    • Your Gold Digger may not make money as a DJ but may build the DJ skill.
    • Your Gold Digger may build the Dancing skill.
    City Living
    • Your Gold Digger may not join any of the new careers.
    • Your Gold Digger may participate in the cultural festivals and win prize money from doing so, but cannot sell any objects they won, like the voodoo doll, microphone, or fireworks.
    • Your Gold Digger can collect the city posters and snow globes but cannot sell them.
    • Your Gold Digger may build the Singing skill.
    Cats & Dogs
    • Your Gold Digger may have one cat or one dog, but only one pet in total.
    • Your Gold Digger's pet must be enemies with all of your Gold Digger's spouses before the spouses can be killed off.
    • Your Gold Digger may train their pet, take it to the vet and look after it but cannot make money from their pet in any way. They cannot sell any collectables the pet brings to them and they cannot sell any kittens or puppies from breeding the pet.
    • Your Gold Digger's spouse can open a vet clinic once they're married. Your Gold Digger may keep the vet clinic after the spouse's death, but they must hire veterinarians to run the clinic for them. They may not treat animals themselves or craft treats to sell.
    • Your Gold Digger may craft treats to feed to their own pet. They may also use business funds to make improvements to the clinic in Build/Buy, purchase vet clinic rewards, and set up the clinic to your liking in the management panel.
    • Your Gold Digger may build the Veterinarian skill but only by crafting treats to feed to their own pet.
    • Your Gold Digger may build the Pet Training skill.
    Game Packs
    The following rules are for the game packs. Comply with the game pack rules you have and disregard the ones you don't.

Outdoor Retreat
    • Your Gold Digger may go on vacation to Granite Falls but must bring their spouse and children with them when they do. They may leave step-children behind.
    • Your Gold Digger can collect the new insects and plants but cannot sell them.
    • Your Gold Digger may build the Herbalism skill.
    Spa Day
    • Your Gold Digger may enjoy the new spa items at home or go to a spa to enjoy them.
    • Your Gold Digger may build the Wellness skill.
    Dine Out
    • Just like retail businesses, your Gold Digger's spouse may purchase a restaurant which your Gold Digger can then collect the revenue from, but your Gold Digger cannot do anything to help run or maintain the restaurant beyond hiring/firing employees, buying restaurant perks and setting up the restaurant to your liking in the business tab. Your Gold Digger's spouse, teenage children and any teenage step-children they might have living in the household with them must take care of all the management duties like welcoming diners and checking on their tables, giving diners free food or drinks, criticizing/praising employees and giving them inspirational speeches, cleaning up the restaurant, etc.
    • Your Gold Digger may have the restaurant open while they are not there.
    • Your Gold Digger may eat out at restaurants as a customer.
    • Your Gold Digger may collect the Simstagram photos of the experimental dishes and learn how to cook experimental dishes at home.
    • Your Gold Digger can drink nectar and make nectar at the bar.
    Vampires
    • Your Gold Digger may not be a vampire. [See Optional Occult Rules for exceptions]
    • Your Gold Digger may marry and kill off vampires as long as the vampire meets the requirements for being a rich Sim.
    • Your Gold Digger may build the Vampire Lore and Pipe Organ skills.
    • Your Gold Digger may not make money by selling any of the new harvestables.
    Parenthood
    • Your Gold Digger may build the Parenting skill.
    • Your Gold Digger MUST stop whatever they are doing whenever you notice their children misbehaving and scold/punish them however you see fit. Step-children can be ignored.
    • Your Gold Digger's children MUST have at least one character value within trait range (either positive or negative) before young adulthood. Step-children can be ignored.
    • Your Gold Digger MUST help with any school projects their children come home with. Step-children can be ignored.
    • Your Gold Digger MUST choose an option when their child asks for advice or when they get a phone call from their child's school about their behaviour. They cannot ignore it by closing the dialogue box.
    Stuff Packs
    Stuff packs really don't add substantial gameplay so always assume your Sims can do everything the stuff packs allow for unless otherwise specified here. The no selling anything rule applies to all stuff packs.

Optional Occult Rules
    These rules are optional. If you prefer a more realistic style of gameplay, you do not have to play with occults at all.

Alien Themed Challenge (Requires Get To Work)
    • Your Gold Digger must be an alien.
    • Your Gold Digger must only marry humans. DO NOT marry a vampire! Alien/vampire pairings have been known to cause serious damage to your save.
    • Your Gold Digger must be in their human disguise at all times while off their home lot. If a Sim comes over for a visit, your Gold Digger must be in their human disguise before answering the door.
    • Your Gold Digger's spouse cannot find out that they are an alien until after the wedding. If a potential spouse finds out that your Gold Digger is an alien before the wedding, they must be killed off (without cheats) or have their memory wiped. Your Gold Digger must then search for a new target.
    • Your Gold Digger's offspring with each spouse must be a hybrid. Hybrid Sims are Sims with an alien skin tone, but otherwise look human. They have no alternate form and no alien powers but do have some limited alien socials when interacting with aliens. This means you will have to wait for a child to be born before killing off your Gold Digger's spouse to see if the child has alien characteristics.
    Vampire Themed Challenge (Requires Vampires)
    • Your Gold Digger must be a vampire.
    • Your Gold Digger must only marry humans. DO NOT marry an alien! Vampire/alien pairings have been known to cause serious damage to your save.
    • Your Gold Digger cannot show their dark form unless they are hunting.
    • Your Gold Digger cannot use potential spouses as a food source until after the wedding. Once they are married, your Gold Digger can feed on the spouse and any of their teenage step-children living with them.
    • Your Gold Digger's offspring with each spouse must be a vampire. This means you will have to wait for a child to be born and grow into a toddler to see if they are a vampire before killing off your Gold Digger's spouse.
    • Since vampires are immortal, the challenge ends when 50 in-game days have passed, which is two days longer than the young adult and adult life stages combined on a Normal lifespan. To make life easier for yourself, just mark down seven days each time a week passes in the game. Alternatively, you can just keep playing forever (or until you get bored).

• Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 4
    • Thank you! Thank you! x 1
  2. Wings1210
    Happy

Wings1210
    13/23

Disabled
    This Is Awesome I Think I Will Try This. Thanks newyearren[1].png

3. Wings1210
    Happy

Wings1210
    13/23

Disabled
    Always Looking For Different ways To Play, So Thank You!!!!!

4. LollyAGoGo

LollyAGoGo
    3/12

#4 LollyAGoGo, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
    Am I able to control the Sim spouse to do interactions that may cause them to die, such as have them race in a rocket ship? Or is that considered cheating? Also, I uploaded to the gallery my golddigger for the challenge. User LollyAGoGo sim, look for Golddigger1.0 (for base game only) or Golddigger1.1 for the sim I'm playing if you would like to check her out or use her yourself. :)

edit - I'm going to take them down tonight because I don't know how to edit the description - I need to add hashtags for other people to find them and I was going to include the link to this challenge. Maybe one of the Let's Play youtubers will use her, that would be fun!

5. evellynn37
    Bored

evellynn37
    14/23

Seamstress
    Well this sounds like fun. I think I might go create a sim now.

6. evellynn37
    Bored

evellynn37
    14/23

Seamstress
    Mortimer is one tough nut to crack. Jeez.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LollyAGoGo

LollyAGoGo
    3/12

So far so good - day one she made friends with Mortimer and Geoffrey, and built up a relationship with Villareal. I went for him first because he's already an old man. Day two they married and she was pregnant but he's spry for an old man. We had to go at it four times before death by overexertion via woohoo! She's about to be in her third trimester and I think I'm going for Mortimer next. In the meantime she is building charisma with her stepchildren to hopefully make her romantic overtures more successful. Landgraab you will eventually see if you go to a gym, I just happened to run into Mortimer in a coffee shop and Villareal at Oasis Springs park. I'm not sure where to hang out to run into Spencer-Kim-Lewis in public. He was always coming over to visit when I was doing the Legacy challenge using the property in Willow Creek because we were neighbors. Maybe I'll just stroll through the neighborhood until I run into him.

8. Shinzhia
    Inspired

Shinzhia Supreme Member
    140/180

Painter
    I can smell blood...hmn...
    :yum:
    my favorite partner in crime would be very delighted.
    :bigsmile:
    let's see... I'm currently playing a challenge right now... once I'm done with it...
    My Angelica will take this on... gonna start thinking of a plot for now... so bookmarked this one.
    I will reserve a character for this... gonna need a few tweaking,
    [​IMG]
    Face of an Angel, Thoughts of a Demon

• Like Like x 1
  9. LollyAGoGo

LollyAGoGo
    3/12

That sounds fun, Shinzhia. I have an evil female Sim in reserve. I always play nice in all of my games and thought it would be fun to play a jerk. She's evil and romantic with the heartbreaker aspiration (I forget the actual name of it but that might even be it) so she's going to be nice to all the guys and mean to all the girls. Right now I have the gold digger, 100 babies, and a hippie detective with aging off so she's going to have to wait, though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Shinzhia
    Inspired

Shinzhia Supreme Member
    140/180

Painter
    @LollyAGoGo
    aye... i'm thinking of a nice trait that would go along Evil... and the right aspiration too.
    dang! honestly, i've been thinking about this challenge since my last post.
    OP made sleepless ahahaha!

• Like Like x 1
  11. evellynn37
    Bored

evellynn37
    14/23

Seamstress
    • Like Like x 1
  12. LollyAGoGo

LollyAGoGo
    3/12

13. LollyAGoGo

LollyAGoGo
    3/12

My Sim for this challenge is Romantic, Self Assured, and Snob. I didn't want materialistic though it would fit because she'd be high maintenance to play. After I hit up all these rich dudes I'm going to build a really large house somewhere and continue the game through her children. A "good" trait could be active, or perhaps outgoing? I don't know if outgoing is canceled by evil. My Sim's aspiration is Mansion Baron.

• Like Like x 1
  14. LollyAGoGo

LollyAGoGo
    3/12

15. evellynn37
    Bored

evellynn37
    14/23

Seamstress
    I uploaded it to the media section first. I found them in the screenshots folder in the Electronics Art folder in my documents.

• Like Like x 1
  16. LollyAGoGo

LollyAGoGo
    3/12

Thanks!

17. LollyAGoGo

LollyAGoGo
    3/12

[​IMG][/url][/IMG] [​IMG][/url][/IMG] lb1.png
    Ohhh, hey, I just now noticed the upload a file, that was actually easier. So, this is Loralei Beauchamp, my gold digger. :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Shinzhia
    Inspired

Shinzhia Supreme Member
    140/180

Painter
    Woah! She looked gorgeous @LollyAGoGo Nice name too :)
    Well... well.. it didn't mentioned we cannot have a retail store...

@ashleighanne90
    OP please confirm if it's ok to have a retail store.
    thanks

• Like Like x 1
  19. LollyAGoGo

LollyAGoGo
    3/12

Thank you! I uploaded her to the gallery so anyone can play her.

• Like Like x 1
  20. LollyAGoGo

LollyAGoGo
    3/12

Uh oh. She is pregnant with Mortimer's (husband #2) baby and bought a rocket ship. She was going to build it and have him race it haha. But I just realized I forgot to bring Villareal's urn with me so now I have to start the challenge ALL OVER!

• Like Like x 1