How do I get abducted?

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 Get to Work' started by wolfkomoki1, Nov 17, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
  1. wolfkomoki1
    Uncomfortable

I've never been abducted in this expansion. How do I do it?

2. Annabelle
    Dazed

In short: abductions happen at random/by chance. :)

Or, if you want to urge the abduction, there is this cheat:
    Have fun! :D

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Caellista
    Very Happy

City Office Clerk
    Thank you for this info!

4. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth
    Storyteller

Writer
    Abductions used to be really common then people whined about it and the chances of abduction went waaaay down to practically nothing in a patch. I was most unhappy. Aliens was why I wanted Get To Work.

Anyway, it's mostly random but there are some things you can do to increase your chances of getting abducted. @Annabelle covers how to do it with cheats pretty well but if you don't like cheats, your best bet is to join the Scientist career track. The Scientist career will let you invent the things you need to be abducted by aliens.

At level 2 or 3 of the Scientist career, you can invent a satellite that does a few different things but one of its uses is to contact aliens. Place the satellite on your home lot and select "Contact Aliens." You'll have to do this every 24 hours. With the satellite on the lot, you'll be able to watch the alien channel on TV, but I don't know if watching the alien channel helps your chances at all. The satellite does, though.

These are some rumours but they're worth trying if you're still having trouble getting abducted; putting space rocks on your lot and having scientist career inventions lying around the house.

If you still can't get abducted (you might not, even with the satellite, it's a PIA to get abducted since that patch) and you get desperate to meet aliens, there's two additional ways you can do so:

1. At some point in the Scientist career track, you'll be able to invent a wormhole generator. Keep the wormhole generator handy for after you've reached the top of the Scientist career because then you'll be able to upgrade it to travel to Sixam through the wormhole.
    2. If you really want to meet aliens but don't want to join the scientist career and don't want to use cheats, the only way to do it (other than hoping to randomly discover one in disguise in your home world) is to buy the Steampunk Flyamajig rocket pad, build the rocket and then upgrade it to have it take you to Sixam. You'll need level 10 rocket science skill to upgrade the rocket to take you to Sixam but if you build the rocket and sink a lot of upgrades into it and fly to space a lot, you'll max out this skill fairly easily (especially if your Sim is focused while working on or using the rocketship). Just a warning to save your game just before your Sim goes to space in the rocket; there's a chance they can die in a crash landing. I've had my Sims crash plenty of times but they never died from it; however, lots of people's Sims have died from rocketship crash landings.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Purduesimmer
    Happy

Ultimate Member

Also on MTS there's a mod to guarantee abductions. It's called alien abduction and no abductions. Not sure if it still works, but it's a handy way to increase the odds.

6. SpectreRage
    Very Playful

Ultimate Member

Student
    Today on questions you can't ask in real life without seeming like a loony...

Also, i've tried for ages with the satellite and the alien computer with no luck. I may try the wormhole or rocket thing.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Caellista
    Very Happy

City Office Clerk
    Good luck! Let us know if it turns out!

8. luthienrising
    Dazed

Premium Member

If you use mods, there's a new module for MC Command Centre that lets you up the chances of abduction :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. oiilive
    Happy

Oh I see that there is mostly like if you are a scientist to make it happen. I can say that my sim get abducted just randomly. He was not into anything like science, he even did not look at the sky. One day he suddenly get up at probably 3-4 am and go outside. Suddenly aliens abducted him. ^^ I think if someone do not like cheats probably scientist career should work well, but sometimes how for me it's just luck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth
    Storyteller

Writer
    Yep that's how it works. :) Your chances of abduction are higher if you're in the scientist career and inventing all the gadgets to contact aliens but there's still a small chance that you can be abducted randomly. Unfortunately, my completely random abductions always seem to happen to my female Sims, not my male Sims (darn, I want alien babies, lol)!

• Thank you! Thank you! x 1
  11. TheShinyPlumbob45
    Fine

Sim Builder
    I think, if your sim has a high or maxed out a handiness skill, try ordering a pack of upgrade parts. I believe there is an option to upgrade the rocket ship so that the landing is smooth-guaranteed and monitored by a computer. That way, you can guarantee your sims a total safety while exploring the space.