How to Build a Basement Using Foundations

Discussion in 'Helpful Links' started by SnarkyWitch, Dec 5, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
  1. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth
    Storyteller

Writer
    This isn't my tutorial, I found it on The Sims Wiki. I know every avid builder will already know how to make basements using foundations but I'm not an avid builder and I didn't know how to do it until I followed this tutorial and it was really helpful. For those of you who still play TS2 (like me) who may not be expert builders in that game, I hope you find it helpful as well.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_guide:Building_a_basement_using_foundations

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. Tatiana
    Very Sad

Tatiana Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Staff Member

LOL I was going to do an article on different types of building, this helps a ton. What I find the most annoying/challenging in this game are lofts. The way the roof pokes through in places can really limit your building.

• Like Like x 1
  3. directionermimux
    Fine

Creator

Graphic Designer/Student
    Thanks so much. That will be very helpful

• Like Like x 1
  4. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth
    Storyteller

Writer
    I've never attempted to build a loft but I have to build a massive Downton Abbey-type of home today for one of my aristocratic families and I'm sitting on my hands, avoiding it, lol. I built a modern bungalow that turned out okay, I think, and an apartment that looks like a cheap run-down motel that I really like (the reason I made it an apartment and not a hotel is because I wanted Sims to be able to stay there indefinitely in my home neighbourhood). I also built a Pagan temple with an attached cottage for one of my families (though I'm not 100% sure if Sims outside the household can go there to get married, I can't remember all the ins and outs of TS2, that would be nice, though). Then I built a gothic home with an attached funeral home and underground morgue (which is why I needed the basement).

I've uh... been doing a LOT of building in the game so I *think* I'm getting better at it? I don't use any CC build/buy objects since I got the Ultimate Collection (except for three toddler beds that I MUST have because the toddlers get into and out of bed themselves which saves my life).

• Like Like x 1