1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
    Dismiss Notice

How to Build a Basement Using Foundations

Discussion in 'Helpful Links' started by SnarkyWitch, Dec 5, 2015.

1. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth Storyteller
    165/180

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Parenthood

This isn't my tutorial, I found it on The Sims Wiki. I know every avid builder will already know how to make basements using foundations but I'm not an avid builder and I didn't know how to do it until I followed this tutorial and it was really helpful. For those of you who still play TS2 (like me) who may not be expert builders in that game, I hope you find it helpful as well.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_guide:Building_a_basement_using_foundations

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. Tatiana
    Very Sad

Tatiana Procrastinator Extraordinaire Staff Member
    200/225

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff

LOL I was going to do an article on different types of building, this helps a ton. What I find the most annoying/challenging in this game are lofts. The way the roof pokes through in places can really limit your building.

• Like Like x 1
  3. directionermimux
    Fine

directionermimux Nerdo Creator
    165/180

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff

Thanks so much. That will be very helpful

• Like Like x 1
  4. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth Storyteller
    155/180

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Parenthood

I've never attempted to build a loft but I have to build a massive Downton Abbey-type of home today for one of my aristocratic families and I'm sitting on my hands, avoiding it, lol. I built a modern bungalow that turned out okay, I think, and an apartment that looks like a cheap run-down motel that I really like (the reason I made it an apartment and not a hotel is because I wanted Sims to be able to stay there indefinitely in my home neighbourhood). I also built a Pagan temple with an attached cottage for one of my families (though I'm not 100% sure if Sims outside the household can go there to get married, I can't remember all the ins and outs of TS2, that would be nice, though). Then I built a gothic home with an attached funeral home and underground morgue (which is why I needed the basement).

I've uh... been doing a LOT of building in the game so I *think* I'm getting better at it? I don't use any CC build/buy objects since I got the Ultimate Collection (except for three toddler beds that I MUST have because the toddlers get into and out of bed themselves which saves my life).

• Like Like x 1