How to get two Sims to meet?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SnarkyWitch, Oct 12, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
  1. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth
    Storyteller

Writer
    Lucy Burb and Alexander Goth just became teenagers in my game and I would like them to meet and date since they're the only two single teens in Pleasantview. Trouble is, they live on opposite ends of the town and I can't seem to get them to meet each other.

Things I've Tried
    1. Visiting Alexander's house. Doesn't seem possible. You can only visit community lots via walking or the phone, and when I click on the house in-game, it just asks me if I want to play that household. I don't think I can visit other Sims at their homes.
    2. Inviting Alexander over. Not possible if they don't even know each other, though. He doesn't show up in the menu when Lucy tries to make a phone call.
    3. Visiting community lots close to Alexander's house and hoping he'll show up, but he never does. Every other teen in town except Alexander pops up everywhere, though. Of freaking course...
    4. Buying a computer and continually checking the Chat With... option to see if Alexander is ever online. He never is.
    5. Waiting for Lucy to bring Alexander home from school as one of those "Lucy brought a friend home from school" events, but she only ever brings home fugly townies.
    I've been trying not to use cheats, but I'm not above cheating at this point just to get them to know each other. Any suggestions?

2. Atreya

I've used a mod with a phonebook. You can call any existing sim. But you still have to build up a relationship so for me this is more of an additional feature than a cheat.

I tried to post a link but apparently I'm not allowed to post a link (not enough posts yet).
    You can find it on mod the sims. It's called Phae's Phone Book by Phaenoh

Another option is using simpe and editing the files to make you sims acquainted or even friends

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thank you! Thank you! x 1
  3. Eca
    Fine

Eca
    Ultimate Member

Student
    If you make one of them warlock or witch (Apartment Life required) and make their magic skills 7 or higher; your sim may learn a new spell named Apello Simae, which summons known sims for 2 dragon scales, 1 moonbeams and 2 mystic dust.

These mods (by treeag) can help you to do easier:

Also, as far as I know the Burb family has no house. Put them in a house and buy a phone so Alexander can call Lucy.

4. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth
    Storyteller

Writer
    I moved the Burb family into the neighbourhood. I've been playing as them. They have a phone and so does Alexander but they still can't call each other if they don't already know each other. I have a particular story I'm trying to play out so the witch thing doesn't work, but thanks, that's useful to know for future reference! I have the Ultimate Collection so I've got every pack.

Thanks! I might download that. The only way I know of in the game to cheat so that they know each other is to use testingcheats to click the mailbox and select Make Friends For Me and Lucy will instantly be friends with every Sim in town including Alexander. That cheat is rather annoying though. It makes your Sim friends with everyone including NPCs, townies, and Sims from sub-neighbourhoods so you wind up getting harassed by like 50 Sims all blowing up your phone like "Hey are we still friends?" as soon as the relationship starts to decay.

5. Eca
    Fine

Eca
    Ultimate Member

Student
    Oh, I'm sorry, my bad. I thought Alexander and Lucy knew each other.

Well, there's another thing I can suggest. You know; Alexander lives with Cassandra and Mortimer, while Lucy lives with her parents (forgot their name). Those both families have a common family friend, Pleasant, thanks to Mary-Sue. So I say call both families at same time while you play as Mary-Sue. I hope Alexander and Lucy will come with Cassandra and Lucy's mom/dad. Then organize a Hang Out group. Ask Alexander and Lucy to join. Here is the moment that they are going to meet for the first time.

I just hope. o_O

• Like Like x 1