Important! Calling All Active Storytellers!

Discussion in 'Sims Stories' started by SnarkyWitch, Jun 17, 2017.

1. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
  1. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth Storyteller
    190/225

Writer
    Hey guys, I'm looking for some talented and at least semi-active Sims storytellers to spotlight on SC. If I spotlight you, you and your blog will appear in an article on the SC website. I'll also be PMing you with a few questions (about 3 to 5) for you to answer which will be featured in the article. :)

If you've got a story blog (for any Sims game, I know this is technically the TS4 section, but if you've got stories from 3, 2, 1 or any of the spinoff games, I'd love to check those out, too), link me in the thread here and I will check out your blog. Don't get discouraged if you don't get picked for a spotlight right away. I'll be doing this on a fairly regular basis so if you've linked me to your blog here, you still have a shot at getting a spotlight in the future.

PLEASE NO YOUTUBE CHANNELS. WRITTEN STORY BLOGS ONLY.
    I'm trying to really shine some light on the people who go unnoticed in the community a lot and while there are many talented YouTubers out there, there are already plenty of spotlights and advertising opportunities for YouTubers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thank you! Thank you! x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. DanaKScullyFBl
    Focused

DanaKScullyFBl
    3/12

Hi, I have my little website, that is my Mulder Legacy story I'm still working on just it is on hold right now but if you want to check it out you can I still have a ton to add to it but due to real life stuff that has been going on I've had to put it on hold if you click on the Generation One it will take you to the story and the chapters/parts of it. All of my banners are created by the sweet Simslover163 he was so sweet to make the banners for me and he is my editor also on the website. I hope you like this... Remember.... The Truth Is Out There!!! Also I'm using some Top Secret pictures sent to me from other Simmers they have full credit of their pictures on my website.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thank you! Thank you! x 1
  3. isarpgista

isarpgista
    3/12

Hi, I have a Sim Stories's blog, written in Brazilian Portuguese, but with the Google Translater available there: http:// historiasdawinter.blogspot. no/ The story is about a guy called Axl Logan; he has a metal band (called "Nordic Lhama") and dates a girl whose brother totally hates him because Axl is kinda a liiiiiiittle "slob" (lazy, mesy), but at least he's a sweet guy. My name, as an author, is Sally Winter. In my blog, you'll find other great blogs of Sims stories too. Hope you like them!

PS.: don't know if you just want stories made in English, that's why I'm answering.
    Have a great day all of you! :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ms.MagaCarter

Ms.MagaCarter
    8/12

• Like Like x 1
  5. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

190/225

Writer
    Thanks guys! These are great. I'm making a list of people whom I may spotlight in the near future.

@DanaKScullyFBl Can you link me to your blog?

6. Pronterus

Pronterus
    8/12

I've got a vampire story right here. :) I can't seem to post a link yet, but it's undeadwithbenefits dot wordpress dot com

Dr. Domingo de Guzman, or “Doc” for short is a crime lord, vampire physician, and plasma fruit connoisseur who uses an abandoned soap factory as his base of operations to steal art and recover fragments of his lost memories.

When the arrival of a girl being chased by a radical vampire hunter sect comes knocking on his door, the Doc has to face the overzealous Pastor and his minions, feral vampires, and plumbers armed with silver wrenches, ready to take over Newcrest by force.

With the help of his accomplices; a ghost knight, a foodie-turned-vampire, and a foreign art student who barely speaks Simlish, they must find a way to save Newcrest’s vampire community from the Pastor’s threat as well as recover something that the Doc lost a long time ago.

• Like Like x 2
  7. mastressalita

mastressalita
    3/12

Librarian
    Hi there! I'm glad that you have an open and accepting policy for any-and-all Simlit, no matter what game is used to create the content! I run a virtual library for Sim stories with the same attitude, the Stories and Legacies Index @ https:// storiesandlegaciesindex.wordpress.com/; any author of Simlit can drop by and submit their work to the index, and it can also be searched by subject tags! Currently around 630 links are indexed there.

I am also an author for Sims 3! I write over at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3 @ https:// mastressalita.wordpress.com/. My current story is a laid-back slice-of-life series from the point-of-view of a cat called The Cat Chronicles, but also write various short stories as well (these are typically for the Monthly Short Story Challenge from the official Sims forums and take on a variety of themes, as the theme changes every month; typically we get 1500 words and 12 screencaps to tell a story based on the monthly theme, it's a lot of fun!)

• Like Like x 4
  8. CathyTea

CathyTea
    3/12

Hi! It's neat that you're doing this!

Three of my current active stories are Vampire Code, cathytea.wordpress.com/new-world-symphony/vampire-code-mvt-3/, Forgotten Art, cathytea.wordpress.com/forgotten-art/ , and My Digital Life, cathytea.wordpress.com/my-digital-life/

I also just started a story for Pinstar's new alien adoption challenge. Here's the first chapter, and more are coming soon! cathytea.wordpress.com/2017/06/19/septemus-1/

And I also recently started a story for a Murkland Starter Challenge, throughaglassweb.wordpress.com/

Cheers! :)

• Like Like x 4
  9. Simslover163
    Happy

Simslover163
    3/12

Hello!!

I write several stories! My active ones are Madness in San Myshuno (madnessinsanmyshuno.wordpress.com/) and Eternal Thirst (simsloverslegacies.wordpress.com/eternal-thirst/)

• Like Like x 4
  10. RipuAncestor

RipuAncestor
    3/12

Hi! This showcase sounds neat. The community has so many great stories!

I've got three stories as well... if you feel like checking them out for this, then that would be nice.

The only TS4-story I have now is Forget-Me-Not, which is an Ambrosia Challenge story, so it's about death and ghosts and stuff.
    It's here: forgetmenotstory.wordpress.com/

Also I have two TS3-stories. The Chrysanthemum Tango is slightly linked to Forget-Me-Not, as it happens in the same universe but has mostly different characters in focus. It's a fantasy adventure-ish story about death, life, magic, and wondering about the world.
    It's here: chrysanthemumtango.wordpress.com/

Then I have Fey of Life, which is a fantasy-drama about a family with some tangled pasts and plenty of magic thrown in. At this point it's also becoming a coming of age story.
    It's here: simsfeyoflife.wordpress.com/

I hope you get a lot of stories here. This looks like a lot of fun!

• Like Like x 2
  11. losebetter
    Energized

losebetter
    3/12

hiya! :oops: this sounds like such a great idea.

i'm a relatively new writer in the community, and i'm only set to update my story once a week, so i totally understand if there isn't enough there to warrant looking into - but The Velasco Legacy (thevelascolegacy.wordpress.com/) is my legacy challenge story (currently on generation six). i'm still learning the ropes, but it's a game-driven story with a focus on family relationships and LGBT+ characters. there's also an illustrated component to the story, since i'm a comic artist by trade.

thanks again for opening these up!
    :hearts:

• Like Like x 3
  12. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

190/225

Writer
    Once a week is crazy fast by storytelling standards, haha! It's not like YouTube where you can have a Let's Play episode recorded and edited in an hour or two. Many storytellers spend weeks (sometimes months) carefully building their sets and staging their shots, then putting it all together to write a full chapter. Don't worry, you're definitely very active if you're updating every week. :)

Just a note to everyone who's posted that you're all on my list. Of course, I can't spotlight everyone all at once but I am gearing up to start doing these storytelling spotlights for SC pretty regularly so you'll all have multiple chances for the foreseeable future to be featured on the site.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Ninjapig
    Happy

Ninjapig
    8/12

Hello everyone! Just wanted to say a huge thank you to @SnarkyWitch for deciding to spotlight us storytellers! It's such an awesome thing to be able to share our stories with everyone, and to be able to discover new SimLit writers as well! No worries about us not being featured right away...the fact that you're starting this thread already means a lot to all of us, I think. <3

I have a story blog as well: ninjapigsims! The link is in my signature - I'm sorry for not being able to post it properly, as I have less than 25 posts on these forums as of date. :p It has a mix of SimLit stories, in particular, two legacies - one alien and one with the Goth family - and a Build Newcrest caption story that I'm focused on at the moment.

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend! Looking forward to seeing everyone being featured at a later date! :)

• Like Like x 5
  14. charliimai
    Inspired

charliimai
    19/23

Hi,:brogesture:I have a few different stories most completed, a few on Hiatus. and all unfortunately on different blogs.
    However My current Story Is Gold and can be found here: rainbowplumbob.wordpress.com/gold/
    It is based on the Gold Digger challenge and is a little dark/gory so a warning is in effect on the blog..

Thanks for doing this, There are so many fantastic story tellers out there it would be great to see them get some recognition for the hard work they put into their stories :happy2:

• Like Like x 1
  15. purplestarz2006

purplestarz2006
    3/12

Hello,

Love the idea for this thread.

I have a Prosperity challenge (neighborhood rotation) story that I've been writing for a couple years. It's called Tranquility Creek and it can be found at tranquilitycreeksims.blogspot.com. (I'm afraid I don't have enough posts yet to include a link.)

• Like Like x 1
  16. swcheppes
    Dazed

swcheppes
    8/12

This is awesome of you! Here's my blog that currently has 3 ongoing stories as well as some completed ones.

Sim-ply Awesome Stories

• Like Like x 2
  17. friendsfan36
    Playful

friendsfan36
    3/12

my story is the Benders . a alphabacy genetic challenge rotation.
    they have issues at times but they love and support each other.

• Like Like x 1
  18. OJenn
    Very Energized

OJenn
    3/12

@SnarkyWitch I think it's great that you are doing this!! Can't wait to explore some of the amazing stories out there.

19. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

190/225

Writer
    Can I just say I'm so happy with the response I've gotten so far? It makes my heart soar to see that storytelling is still alive and well in the community. I was worried YouTube had killed it for a while. I'm so excited to start bringing some attention to all you Sims writers on SC. <3

• Like Like x 2
  20. friendsfan36
    Playful

friendsfan36
    3/12

i have a few more posts before can add the link.