1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
    Dismiss Notice

Important NPCs Stuck in the Village

Discussion in 'The Sims Medieval' started by SnarkyWitch, Jul 5, 2017.

1. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth Storyteller
    155/180

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Parenthood, Sims 4 Fitness Stuff

My Spymaster (and King, I suppose, since he's married to the Queen) needs to relieve an actor from his duties for one of the game's quests and he also needs to give information to the royal advisor for one of his daily responsibilities. Trouble is, they're both in the Village with no way for him to get to them. They both have their map tags but the map tags are over the Village and when I click on the map tags, I don't have any options available. It's the middle of the day, so the issue isn't that the Sims have just gone "home" for the night.

I've tried inviting them both over via the messenger post but they're both like "lol no I'm busy." I've also tried exiting the game and reloading. Neither of those things worked.

I assume the advisor is stuck in the village because the Queen sent her there in the beginning of the quest and she isn't supposed to come back until the end of the quest so that could just be an oversight on the part of the devs that it may conflict with one of the Spymaster's daily responsibilities, but the actor NPC being stuck in the village is definitely wonky. There's no reason for him to be stuck there, but he is.

I do have debug cheats enabled in the game but I don't use them for anything except disabling the clothing filters (I wanted my Spymaster to dress like a king with the crown and everything after he married my Queen). I don't muck around with debug cheats because I know how badly they can screw up this game's quests and achievements. I also have not had my Queen execute anyone that the game deemed important (meaning I have not used any cheats or mods to kill Sims when the game wouldn't allow me to, all the Sims she's had executed were able to be executed through the normal "Send to Pit" interaction).

Anyone know how to get these pesky Sims back within the kingdom walls? I currently have Platinum on this quest and I'll be quite miffed if a glitch brings my score down.

2. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth Storyteller
    155/180

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Parenthood, Sims 4 Fitness Stuff

UPDATE:

After digging through Google, it appears that a lot of people had this exact same problem with this exact same quest. The quest is called Wag the Dog and the Spymaster being unable to relieve all the actors from their duties because the actors won't leave the Village happens frequently. I did eventually manage to fix it without having to quit the entire quest (thank goodness, I invested so much time into that quest), but it required debug cheats.

If you're ever doing a quest and an important character you need to interact with for one of the quest goals is stuck in the Village, you can enable testingcheats in the game's .ini file, then CTRL+click (or SHIFT+click, not entirely sure which one I did, I was hella frustrated and impatient by that point) on the quest icon next to your Hero Sim's portrait to just instantly complete it. I know that's cheating but it's the only thing that worked for me and you can continue on with the quest normally after that. You don't have to cheat the whole way through. That's just a good backup way to bypass a quest goal that's glitched.