Is Get To Work Stressful?

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 Get to Work' started by Omac, Aug 16, 2015.

1. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
  1. Omac
    Inspired

Omac Premium Member
    69/90

Unemployed Writer
    Is the Sims 4 Get To Work too stressful? The last thing I need is my game to become a burden, so I ask before I buy it; is it too stressful? Is it worth it?

2. JakeDavidBTG
    Happy

JakeDavidBTG Supreme Member
    104/135

College Student
    I don't really know what you mean by 'stressful', a games purpose is to provide entertainment and enjoyment not stress, I don't get stressed by playing it, I rather enjoy ending my sims to work and treating patience or solving crimes, I think it's fun, I think it's worth it. It's also on offer right now on Origin so it's even better haha :) x

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Simpyre
    Focused

Simpyre Ultimate Member
    74/90

I don't think it's stressful per se, it depends on how you play though.
    For example, when I have a large household and one of the sims is in an active career the gameplay becomes stressful because I spend so much time with the GTW sim that I feel like I'm leaving everyone else behind. If I have a single or small household with an active career I don't consider it stressful at all.
    If anything GTW careers may be tiresome at times, I often feel like my sim just won't advance in the doctor career (but that's probably because I fail at making proper diagnoses) for example. Interestingly though the science career never becomes tiresome or boring or anything like that, but that may just be me and my excitement over aliens. ;)

4. Omac
    Inspired

Omac Premium Member
    69/90

Unemployed Writer
    Well, I heard that the Sims back home are frozen in time, is that true? Because then that wouldn't really be an issue for me. I'm not really worried about my big family as I plan to break them up when I get Get to Work anyways. I can't imagine the doctor career becoming a proublem either, even if it is repetitive. I'll try them all, but possibly Science first because of how you act! After I open my own photo studio aka the main reason I'm getting the game, of course. :p

5. Simpyre
    Focused

Simpyre Ultimate Member
    74/90

Not quite? The sims who stay at home/attend school or work while you're busy navigating the active career will just go through their day by themselves.
    You can still tell them to work on their skills or make friends with people etc via the mini buttons next to their heads at the bottom left (like you can do when taking only one of your sims to the park for example), but when your Sim goes home after work your other sims will also be home from school etc.
    It's not like they're doing nothing while you don't play them though, my teens regularly already did their homework by the time the active career sim gets home and their needs are mostly in the green area too, so they'll be ready to do whatever you had planned for them on that day.

The photography skill is awesome btw, and running your own shop is definitely fun imo.

6. Omac
    Inspired

Omac Premium Member
    69/90

Unemployed Writer
    Oh? That's even better, I most certainly want it then.

Sweet!

• Like Like x 1
  7. simsfan36
    Very Playful

simsfan36 Ultimate Member
    68/90

playing sims lol
    I just got it,so ive only done the scientist career,but so far im having a blast,and no regrets buying it,im going to try out the dr career next.no wait...maybe a detective,it sounds really fun.I love the sims and haven't been disappointed with anything ive purchased,but that's just me.I think you should give it a try if your sims fan.:foamfinger:

8. Omac
    Inspired

Omac Premium Member
    69/90

Unemployed Writer
    I just bought it! So excited! I don't have a clue what I'm doing first?!

9. Tatiana
    Very Sad

Tatiana Procrastinator Extraordinaire Staff Member
    200/225

In my current game (I flip around to various saves), I'm playing my "babies" (the couple in my avatar who are my favorite). He is a detective and she's a secret agent. It works out great because I don't have to babysit her career. I have her working on skills while I go to work with him. Once they have children, I'll either change his career or I'll stop going with him and focus on the children more.

I really love the active careers and I'm hoping they add more. I find it fun and not tedious. I do what is required for them to get promoted (that's one menu) and then I do what they need to do on the job to get that menu full green. Then I stop and just have them socialize with their co-workers and entertain me. I don't ever do more than what is required. I still wind up with a few hours of every work day with them just making friends and doing stuff that isn't work related.

If you get one of the mods out there that makes active careers easier then you can take even more time off the drudgery to enjoy your Sim being around co-workers and making friends. My male Sim has made some very good friends with the other detectives that I placed in the game in that career.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. G3n3qu1s
    Bored

G3n3qu1s Crazy Lady Here Storyteller
    135/180

Horse Chaser, Future Youtuber
    I love it! I don't think it's stressful at all. If you don't want to go to work with them you don't have to. If you did I'd be stressed. My favorite careers is the Doctor career!

11. Annabelle
    Dazed

Annabelle
    39/45

It's a great addition to the game. I've always been intrigued by the doctor career, so much so that I am (pretty) certain all my saves have started off with the doctor career. The detective career can also be quite fun, I've tried the scientist a few times but haven't really gotten into it. The only time you may find it to be stressful is if you have trouble meeting the set goals by the end of your Sims shift to get closer to a promotion and starting out (in my case) discovering how to carry out each objective. You'll get the hang of it pretty quickly, and once you do, you'll have a lot of fun! Happy Simming. :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. directionermimux
    Fine

directionermimux Nerdo Creator
    165/180

Graphic Designer/Student
    Me too! I really enjoy GTW.They should add more careers it would be more fun and interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Omac
    Inspired

Omac Premium Member
    69/90

Unemployed Writer
    I'm hoping they add more careers as a bonus for having both Get To Work and maybe Supernatural. Like, my beloved ghost busters!

So I played as a cadet today and it wasn't as stressful as I thought. It was quite fun. The only thing I don't like is how long it takes in between days or my two day wait before I could get to work. That really annoyed me, but that's not the games fault. I also don't like how tired and hungry my Sim got. I've seen LGR's review so I know somewhere there is a coffee machine and I wouldn't doubt I could take a lunch break. Just don't have a clue where. I'm worried about the replay-ability though. If I make a new Sim also a cadet would the missions be the same for both or random?

14. Tatiana
    Very Sad

200/225

They're the same for the most part. The vending machine is on the second floor of the police station. Put some fruit in your Sims inventory to snack on. You change it up by doing different things. Your 1st detective, do it straight to get a feel for it. Your second could be more focused on office politics and making friends or enemies or even a romance. You only need to do the bare minimum, anything above that is wasted effort. I always wind up with about 3 hours of everyday with the bars fully green and my Sim getting to sit around and chat. Sometimes, I send them on patrol just to meet others if they've finished all their tasks.

The station ones are the fastest to do. Once you've made your first arrest, you aren't required to make another till Sr. Detective. I use that time to play around and do other things. Quickly fill the daily bar in the station and then just have fun with my Sim at work.

• Like Like x 2
  15. directionermimux
    Fine

directionermimux Nerdo Creator
    165/180

Graphic Designer/Student
    Good tips!<3 They can help you around the detective career. <3

• Thank you! Thank you! x 1
  16. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth Storyteller
    190/225

Writer
    I find it fun and not stressful at all. Even running businesses is enjoyable for me and I was sure I would hate the retail aspect as much as I hated Open for Business in TS2.

The goals you have to complete during the day in the active careers are actually pretty easy. My Sim's usually finished with full progress bar halfway through their shift which gives them the rest of their shift to sit around chatting, eating lunch and drinking coffee, lol. The active careers also pay really well so it's like getting paid more to do less. :p

I like it. It's made my game a lot more fun.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Omac
    Inspired

Omac Premium Member
    69/90

Unemployed Writer
    So I played around with the detective career a little more and are finding it really fun. Ethan now has two days off. If I go camping will it use those two days count as vacation days? I hope not.

Thanks for the tips, they helped a lot. I'm enjoying the retail side of things too. Except my employee just sits around and plays on my tablet and listens to music. I heard the workers are bad, are they all this way or just some? I'm about ready to fire him.

I also tried the scientist career, but so far I'm not a huge fan of it. When I started the detective career I knew where mostly everything was from LGR. But, no clue with the scientist career. I bet I'll like this more as I understand it better.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth Storyteller
    190/225

Writer
    Yes it will use up his vacation days if he's not going on his days off. If he has two days off in a row and you go camping for those two days, then no vacation time will be taken off because you just used your Sim's normal weekly time off. If you go camping while you would normally be at work, then vacation time will be used. The vacation time was added to the game to allow your Sims to go on vacation to Granite Falls but even if you just stay home on a day you're supposed to work, you'll use up a vacation day.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Tatiana
    Very Sad

200/225

Hi,

I just had a Sim reach level 10 in the science career. This was my 4th go at it because the other three times, I got so bored around level 7 that I abandoned the save. I'm glad I stuck it out because the real fun starts with this career at level 10.

Tag me if you have any questions or need some suggestions/tips on how to play this career.

• Thank you! Thank you! x 1