Is The Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff worth my money?

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 Kids Room' started by felixgus542, Jul 11, 2016.

1. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
?

Do you recomend this pack

1. YES!!!

26.7%
  2. Yes if you play with kids

73.3%
  3. Nope...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. felixgus542
    Happy

felixgus542
    3/12

I think this pack has many cool items but I dont play with kids that much in the game. Is this pack worth buying then or is this just another useless stuff pack. If someone from The Sims Team reads this: Make so adults can play voidcritters and this pack would be mutch better!!!

2. Paige
    Inspired

Paige
    33/45

I love this pack, and it definitely makes the kids' life stage more interesting than it was before. But the new gameplay and CAS items will be of no use to you unless you have children in your game.
    The furniture is really cute and I think can be used across multiple ages, especially teens, so I'd probably still recommend it to you for that reason :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth Storyteller
    190/225

Writer
    #3 SnarkyWitch, Jul 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
    I would have been extremely angry if adults had been able to play with the voidcritters, personally. I feel like the adults get way too much attention and kids barely get anything that's just for them. This pack was made for family/generational players exclusively and seeing as how they've completely ignored those players for two years, it's about time those players got something just for them.

It is 200% worth the money if you play with kids and families but if not, don't bother buying it. Nothing in the pack will be of use to you if you don't play with children. Teens and adults can't play with the voidcritters on the battle station or play with the puppet theatre, they can only watch the children play with these things. They can collect voidcritter cards by purchasing booster packs from the computer but they can't look in logs and watering holes for discarded toys or trade voidcritter cards with other Sims. This makes it very difficult for adults to complete the collection because the rare cards are hardly ever found in purchased booster packs; you need to explore and trade to get those cards. There's no CAS items for adults whatsoever and all the furniture (with the exception of maybe the office chair and the sitting room chair) are pretty much exclusively designed to fit in a child's bedroom and nowhere else.

With all that said, this is my favourite pack ever released for The Sims 4, including game packs and expansions. If this is a sign of where The Sims 4 is headed in the future, then I will be a very happy Simmer indeed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  4. Kai Chen
    Happy

Kai Chen Not taking custom mod requests. Staff Member
    180/225

Interpreter
    I agree that the only Pack for kids shouldn't have spent time and resources on adults, which have 11 Packs focused on them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. caroline.simmer
    Focused

caroline.simmer
    23/45

The other day I looked at all the content that came with Luxury Party (the 1st stuff pack) and all the content that came with Kids Room (the most recent stuff pack), and there is so much more content in Kids Room than in Luxury Party. There has definitely been drastic improvement in stuff packs' quality and quantity since the first one. If you are a player open to many kinds of gameplay, including kids, and have not been too satisfied with the previous stuff packs, then this is the stuff pack for you. In my opinion, it is the best stuff pack yet. I believe Kids Room is worth $10 (US).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thank you! Thank you! x 1
  6. Purduesimmer
    Happy

Purduesimmer Ultimate Member
    68/90

This is a stuff pack for kids, so it's really only worth getting if you have child sims in your households quite a bit. Everything in CAS is for children, the puppet theater and voidcritter station can only be used by children, and the other buy mode items look best in a child's room. You can certainly use them in other rooms, most likely a teen's bedroom, but the overall design of the items was with kids in mind.

So overall, the value of the pack is really dependent on how much you'll have child sims. If you like making families and going through several generations then absolutely get it. If you like having mostly young adult or adult sims then pass on it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Mini Simmer
    Inspired

Mini Simmer
    8/12

This is one of the best packs