1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
    Dismiss Notice

Is this worth downloading?

Discussion in 'SimCity BuildIt' started by SnarkyWitch, Jul 25, 2015.

1. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth Storyteller
    70/90

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Parenthood

I've been kind of on the fence about downloading this game. I'm already addicted to The Sims FreePlay. I play on an Android device (the Samsung Galaxy Note II, to be exact) and I looked at the game on the Google Play Store. It has a high rating but a lot of the comments complain about the game being more frustrating and tedious than fun so I didn't end up downloading it.

Anyone who has the game want to weigh in? What's your playing experience been like? Would you recommend it?

2. jasminelove

jasminelove Premium Member
    68/90

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff

I was addicted to it the first day I purchased it, but it gets really repetitive after a while. I hate having to wait real time to upgrade anything, so I just stopped opening it. It's still on my iPad but I haven't touched it in over a month.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ToriLovesSims
    Playful

ToriLovesSims Premium Member
    48/68

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day

I have it on my ipad and I play it every day. I will admit, it is annoying to wait real time for stuff to be made (unless you pay to speed it up, which I refuse to do). But it is something to do to kill time and it was free so I would recommend trying it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MRTSims
    Festive

MRTSims Unicorn Enthusiast Platinum Member
    124/135

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff

To me, anything that is free is worth downloading. But to me it was pretty entertaining. It can get frustrating with all the waiting but I don't find myself playing it all the time, so I only use it when I literally have nothing better to do

• Like Like x 2
  5. Dave
    Flirty

Dave Creator
    80/90

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff

It's a pretty funny game! But honestly that games when you have to wait to unlock stuff drive me crazy
    :boxing: haha

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mantas

Mantas
    18/23

If the freemium formula doesn't drive you mad and you have the time, try it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. MadameChaos
    Happy

MadameChaos
    8/12

I play it on my Android phone and really like. I've spend five Euro once for some ingame cash because it was cheaper that day.
    But you play it completely without buying anthing for it. It takes a while but I don't care. It is something I play in a free minute,
    sometimes I don't play a whole day at all. The only thing I don't like is that it is really annoying if you want to make changes
    in your city. I'Ve spent about two hours to move houses around because I wanted to change the position of the industrial zone
    in mine. But for a free game it is really nice. I also tried The Sims Freeplay but found it hard to do something without paying
    for it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ToriLovesSims
    Playful

ToriLovesSims Premium Member
    48/68

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day

Omg I know what you mean with moving stuff around...I wanted to rearrange my buildings to have the same looking buildings grouped together and it took forever to move the buildings...

9. MadameChaos
    Happy

MadameChaos
    8/12

Yes, that's horrible. There were these new beach areas and so I wanted to have the houses near the water and the industrial buildings
    on the other side of the city, so they won't effects the residential lots. It took ages to move everything around. I had to delete streets
    to get some free space. One thing I don't like about this app is that it takes too long to get the items you need to unlock new areas
    where you can build new houses.

10. Purple_Simmer

Purple_Simmer Premium Member
    68/90

Only Complaint is i with the Lots they are too small :) Other than that i love it :)

11. Mantas

Mantas
    18/23

That's what premium lots are for, I suppose.

12. Miker2209
    Very Flirty

Miker2209 Lust For Lifeā™„ Supreme Member
    140/180

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Parenthood

I used to play it a year ago, I liked it back then but not anymore because I played cities skylines :S

13. Akira
    Dazed

Akira
    8/12

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together

I own cities skylines and now I'm going to try Simcity

14. Vera_Blake
    Flirty

Vera_Blake
    24/45

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff

I've been tempted, but I only really find The Simpsons Tapped out to be fun enough.
    I recently started playing Hollywood U, which is interesting. Has some sort of choice system where some choices come back later to bite you in he backside. But obviously premium currency is a thing. I got the diamond boutique as some small thing, though would rather have not. It's just useful to let me date the cute guy (money works like that, right?).

15. Tatiana
    Very Sad

Tatiana Procrastinator Extraordinaire Staff Member
    200/225

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff

I saw this thread and decided to give it a try. My husband has played it in the past and he said it's fun to a point. Then it becomes impossible to advance without spending real money. I kind of expect that from these types of games so I'll play it to that point and then play something else.

So far, I like it.

I figured out that you should ignore the build more residential areas constant demands. I've done that and haven't had any issues with running out of money, supplies, power, or water. This is my second start at the game today. The first start, I did everything the game dictated and quickly ran out of power with no money to get more.

The second time, I built a coal plant right away and kept the game cash at 10K. I haven't built a residential unless I had a ton of money, power, water, supplies, etc. I found that putting a park between the buildings keeps them happy. Also, buy the best you can when you are told to get something. I had to get a firestation so I got the second most expensive.

Anyways, I am enjoying it and it looks prettier than any other builder app game.

I'm at level 7 with 6 skyscraper apartments, 2 coal plants, 4 of the big factories, and a big firestation. Saving up to replace the coal plants and get the largest firestation.

16. Simarvellous
    Dazed

Simarvellous Ultimate Member
    74/90

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff

I played it for a while, but I'm a very impatient person lol. The only app games I have is Angry Birds, Angry Birds Friends, Angry Birds Rio and Angry Birds Seasons. Yep, I'm a little addicted to Angry Birds lol. I'm also kind of a nerd, so I also have word puzzle apps. :p

17. Sandra
    Very Happy

Sandra
    8/12

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff

I have it on my tablet and the only thing that I do not like is how slow money comes in, you work towards get for example a school then you get thrown a curve ball by upgrading roads or need more water for your town, unlocking of areas also take time.

18. Eca
    Fine

Eca Ultimate Member
    70/90

What you're doing on city will be harder as you improve your city. I say, play it for just a little while.