1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
    Dismiss Notice

Kai Chen's Ageing Mods! (New Mods Including Toddlers!)

Discussion in 'Modding Corner' started by Kai Chen, May 28, 2016.

1. Kai Chen
    Happy

Kai Chen Staff Member
    • 180/225

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff

Since we don't have the ability in Game Options to choose exactly how long each life stage lasts, costume ageing mods can be quite handy. I have a few for you!

NOTE: The length of each stage in the mods below is for Normal Life Span. Short will be half of that. Long will be twice as long.

100 Baby Challenge Helper:

Let's pop them out and move them away!

Baby: 1 day.
    Toddler: 5 days.
    Child: 5 days.
    Teen: 5 days.
    Young Adult: 200 days.
    Adult: 200 days.
    Elder: 84 days.

Total Life Span: 500 days.

LINK

Epic Life Span:

Change the length of the life stages to make half the life adulthood, half the rest!

Baby: 10 days.
    Toddler: 75 days.
    Child: 75 days.
    Teen: 75 days.
    Young Adult: 300 days.
    Adult: 300 days.
    Elder: 165 days.

Total Life Span: 1000 days.

LINK

Half-Adulthood, Half-The-Rest:

Change the length of the life stages to make half the life adulthood, half the rest!

Baby: 3 days.
    Toddler: 10 days.
    Child: 16 days.
    Teen: 14 days.
    Young Adult: 25 days.
    Adult: 25 days.
    Elder: 7 days.

Total Life Span: 100 days.

LINK

Well-Balanced:

Change the length of the life stages to take advantage of all they have to offer!.

Baby: 4 days.
    Toddler: 12 days.
    Child: 18 days.
    Teen: 16 days.
    Young Adult: 22 days.
    Adult: 16 days.
    Elder: 12 days.

Total Life Span: 100 days.

LINK

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. claudiasharon
    Inspired

claudiasharon Creator
    • 24/45

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff

Hi! If you're still doing requests, I'd like the total lifespan to be 100 days.
    Baby 3
    Child 15
    Teen 15
    YA 30
    Adult 15
    Elder 22

3. Mork
    Very Happy

Mork
    • 44/45

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff

Oh this is awesome! Are you still taking requests?

Baby 3 (Default Normal)
    Child 13 (Default Normal)
    Teen 10
    Young Adult 35
    Adult 40
    Elder (Default Normal)

4. Kai Chen
    Happy

Kai Chen Staff Member
    • 180/225

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff

Here's yours:

http://simscommunity.info/social/resources/ageing-mod-claudia-sharons-100-day-life-mod.317/

And yours:

http://simscommunity.info/social/resources/ageing-mod-morks-longer-young-adult-adult-stages.318/

• Thank you! Thank you! x 1
  5. LiLSapphire

LiLSapphire
    • 3/11

Are you still taking requests? I would like an aging mod more in line with the epic age of Sims 3 total life span of 982 days
    Baby 2
    Child 75
    Teen 75
    YA 300
    Adult 300
    Elder 230

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sims4Thoddy
    Playful

Sims4Thoddy Donator & LA Staff Member
    • 129/135

Hey @Kai Chen , would like to use this Epic-Version too :).

7. Kai Chen
    Happy

Kai Chen Staff Member
    • 180/225

8. claudiasharon
    Inspired

claudiasharon Creator
    • 24/45

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff

Thanks Kai!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sindel910
    Very Focused

Sindel910
    • 3/11

I would love one that has the settings
    Baby 3
    Child 7
    Teen 14
    Young Adult 21
    Adult 21
    Elder 17
    Total 83

How do you do this???

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kai Chen
    Happy

Kai Chen Staff Member
    • 180/225

Here it is:

http://simscommunity.info/social/resources/ageing-mode-sindel910s-short-childhood.320/

As to how it is done... You open an existing ageing mod in Sims 4 Package Editor, an outside, fan-created mod editor. You right click on it and choose to open it in Notepad. You search for the word 'threshold' and change the number to the number you want the life stage length to last for 'Adult' and repeat that process for Baby, Child, Elder, Teen and Young Adult. You save the Notepad file and close it, commit to the changes in the Sims 4 Package Editor, and then 'Save As' the new mod under a new name. That's it. It's not hard at all, although it's not extremely simple either. But once you managed to do it the first time, than it takes you only a minute or two.

11. Sindel910
    Very Focused

Sindel910
    • 3/11

WOW! That's awesome! Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Romire

Romire
    • 3/11

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out

These modders are crazy lol

13. LiLSapphire

LiLSapphire
    • 3/11

Thank you @Kai Chen you are awesome. I will love this mod and care for it like it was my child LOL

• Like Like x 1
  14. KitOnlyHuman
    Confident

KitOnlyHuman
    • 8/11

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff

What a coincidence! I was just earlier telling my friends in the Discord chat step by step how to make aging tuning mods. Such a handy skill. =)

15. LiLSapphire

LiLSapphire
    • 3/11

@Kai Chen do the aging mods you made for us need to be updates after patches or are they good to use with no issues?

16. Kai Chen
    Happy

Kai Chen Staff Member
    • 180/225

I have tested with the latest patch and no issue.They are simple mods and usually don't need updating.

• Thank you! Thank you! x 1
  17. LiLSapphire

LiLSapphire
    • 3/11

Thanks. At least I don't have to remove that mod to figure out which one is causing my issue. :proud:

18. Cinthila

Cinthila
    • 3/11

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Get Together

Hi there !
    I was wondering if I could myself get a custom lifespan. I've been looking everywhere and nobody offers what I am looking for. I am using one of yours for now but it's not perfect.
    If you can find the time, here are my indications:

baby - 4 days
    child - 12 days
    teen - 14 days
    Young Adult - 21 days
    Adult - 35 days
    Elder - 14 days

Lifespan : 100 days.

Thank you so much !!

19. Kai Chen
    Happy

Kai Chen Staff Member
    • 180/225

There you go: https://www.mediafire.com/?9buzbe99fuzdmcy

20. Cinthila

Cinthila
    • 3/11

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Get Together

Well you've made my day ! Thank you so much !!

• Like Like x 1