MeaganJo's Bring My House to Life Design Challenge

Discussion in 'Giveaways & Contests' started by MeaganJo, Oct 7, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
  1. MeaganJo
    Very Happy

MeaganJo Builder
    Platinum Member

Stay at home mom and grandma

I will be giving away a total of 2 Sims 4 stuff packs of your choice to my favorite landscaping and another one to my favorite interior design I will also be doing a video of the winners and up to 2 total of the runner ups from each part of the contest with links to their gallery pages, blogs or youtube channel whatever it is you would like me to feature. Watch the video and read the discription of the video in full.

Good luck everyone!

• Like Like x 5
    • Thank you! Thank you! x 1
  2. MeaganJo
    Very Happy

MeaganJo Builder
    Platinum Member

What a bummer finding out that nobody over here are interested in my little contest.

There is still plenty of time to start working on it, I hope to see some peeps from Sims Community join.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. xMarit
    Inspired

I'm not that great at landscaping and interior design myself (especially with TS4, as I really miss the colour wheel) but I might give this one a try! I'm not sure yet. This definitely seems like a really fun contest, though, so I hope you'll get plenty of entries :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. MeaganJo
    Very Happy

MeaganJo Builder
    Platinum Member

I would love to see what you could bring to the table on this contest. I also had major issues going from Sims 3 to Sims 4 due to the color wheel and now it isn't a big deal so much anymore for me. Yeah sometimes it can get frustrating when colors don't quite add up but I always seem to work around it. I hope you do decide to joine and if you do good luck!

• Like Like x 2
  5. WoolieMouse
    Very Happy

Nice contest! Sounds fun! I'll give it a shot. Have you checked out the Sims 4 Cottage Garden Stuff pack? Its a new CC fan made stuff pack that has some amazing items for this sort of landscaping. Featured on this site as well. Would love to use it on this landscaping but I'll avoid it for the sake of convenience for you if you don't have it. Well, guess I'll jump right in and see what I can do!

• Like Like x 1
  6. SimsMillenium

This looks like so much fun! I'll definitely try this out! can move objects cheat and maybe the hidden objects cheat be used?

• Like Like x 2
  7. IoIlypop
    Very Focused

Not sure I CAN make my house exactly.... But I'll try :/

• Like Like x 1
  8. MeaganJo
    Very Happy

MeaganJo Builder
    Platinum Member

Hello @lollypop, be sure to grab all the directions in the show more section of that video to help you along the way. I wish you luck!

9. MeaganJo
    Very Happy

MeaganJo Builder
    Platinum Member

@SimsMillenium you are indeed allowed to use all cheats needed. Welcome to my little contest!

• Like Like x 1
  10. MeaganJo
    Very Happy

MeaganJo Builder
    Platinum Member

@WoolieMouse Yes I have looked at the Garden Stuff pack and look forward to adding it to my personal game I think it will pair very nicely with the Canning Station. You are more than welcome to use any CC just remember I need video or pics if it is going to be more than just this pack. You can find all the rules and updates in the show more section of my contest video. Good luck!

11. MeaganJo
    Very Happy

MeaganJo Builder
    Platinum Member

For those that don't know about the show more button on youtube I figure I'll just post the transcript/rules here.

MeaganJo's Bring My House to Life Design Challenge

IMPORTANT EDITS:

If you do not have the packs that I have already included in this lot that is fine, I can look past that to see the bigger picture, so please feel free to give it a go and show me what you've got.

If you are putting a porch on the side of the house you are able to change the walk way a bit to accommodate the porch and stairs.

I am giving permission to make a half wall surrounding the stairs between the kitchen and living room.

If you have a brilliant idea for the bedrooms and really need to change the door placement in the hallway because this small section of wall needs to be changed go for it.

Where the stairs and ladder on the pool can be changed.

MyCloudApp Link:
    https://cl.ly/0G0i0f3m3X2W

Media Fire Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/kvlby6o...

My husband and I bought our very first house this last December. She's small, humble and very plain but very cozy, all ours and we love her. Since buying the house we've done several updates with new windows, a chicken run and cedar fencing. I am drawing a complete blank however when it comes to the landscaping or even decorating our interiors.

Now for the contest:
    I will give away a Sims 4 stuff pack of your choice to my favorite landscaping and another one to my favorite interior design I will also be doing a video of the winners and up to 2 total of the runner ups from each part of the contest with links to their gallery pages, blogs or youtube channel whatever it is you would like me to feature.

To help give you some idea's of what I like is kinda hard because I am very eclectic when it comes to interior decorating and landscaping styles. Some favorite interior designs are Bohemian, Industrial, Modern, Rustic, French Country, Shabby Chic, I like wood but not really into honey oak and my kitchen cabinets, table, chairs and book case are all honey oak in my tiny kitchen, I love upcycled decor and yard objects and for landscaping Japanese Garden is a major plus, English cottage, seaside, edible yards etc. I would really like to see my yard fully landscaped with lots of plants, trees, flower beds, gardens, walk ways and a small green house back behind the pool in the corner.

Once you Download my home place it at Twin Oracle Point in Newcrest and let those creative juices flow.

What's Required -

Exterior:

DO NOT CHANGE:
    Siding, roofing, windows, driveway, walk ways, Cedar fencing, hen run, pool, existing trees inside and outside of yard), lot size and shape and no adding walls to the exterior of the house and garage.

CAN BE CHANGED:
    All landscaping minus the existing trees, color of the foundation on the house, exterior doors, you can add porches and if you want to add a covered porch you may extend the existing roof or go with a pergola, outdoor lighting can be changed and added to. Lavender is a must have as I am slowly adding it already because it keeps the bad bugs away.

The interiors are optional -

Interior:

DO NOT CHANGE:
    Main Floor - Hardwood flooring, wall and door layout, bathroom, kitchen and stairs must stay where they are but can be redesigned. The house plants, TV stand and guitar must stay but can be moved.

DO NOT CHANGE:
    Basement - Laundry area, hotwater heater and furnace must stay where they are but can be "hidden". The windows need to stay where they are but can be changed to egress. The laundry/pantry area cannot be egress.

CAN BE CHANGED:
    Main Floor - Wall color, furniture, cabinets, appliances, counters, interior door styles prefer wood, curtains, plumbing and all lighting.

CAN BE CHANGED:
    Basement - Furniture, stair style, floors, walls added and painted, lighting. You are welcome to add a small bathroom with standing shower.

Please for the love of Sims do not add carpeting but area rugs are ok.

Lots must be tagged with #NoCC or #WithCC

If you use CC you must inform me and include full detailed high quality pictures or video as I will not be downloading these.

Lots made without CC I will be downloading but please feel free to make a video or take pics also.

You can participate in either challenge or both.

All uploaded lot's, video's, photo albums, slideshows and posts need to have the Hashtag #MJsLifeDesign included so hopefully I can find it easily best to tag me in the comments of this video or email me a link to your submission at meaganjosims@hotmail.com

Submissions are due no later than November 6th, 2017 11:59 pm Pacific Standard Time.

The only judges will be my husband and myself.

Absolutely no dissing on my house or how anyone redesigns it this will get you disqualified.

IMPORTANT! -
    If you are a winner and outside the USA I will need an email address to send you the code which will be purchased through Amazon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. HeyK21

Student/Young Writer/Youtubers of The Sims ☀️
    I would love to participate when it is tbe deadline? :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Helyn

Count me in :D
    Although I already have all the stuff packs, can I participate anyways?:D

• Like Like x 1
  14. HeatherFeather
    Very Happy

This seems like fun! Definitely a challenge I can get behind, probably will get started on it later.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MeaganJo
    Very Happy

MeaganJo Builder
    Platinum Member

16. MeaganJo
    Very Happy

MeaganJo Builder
    Platinum Member

Awesome to hear!
    For some reason the gallery link wasn't in there so here it is...

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/710D973EAAF711E782DD87718D98F3FB

I am hearing that the media fire and my cloud DL's are not unzipping and I don't know why so they are being deleted. Sorry for any inconvenience....

17. MeaganJo
    Very Happy

MeaganJo Builder
    Platinum Member

Of course you can

I am hearing that the media fire and my cloud DL's are not unzipping and I don't know why so they are being deleted. Sorry for any inconvenience....

18. MeaganJo
    Very Happy

MeaganJo Builder
    Platinum Member

Awesome! November 6th at 11:59 pm

19. Sophie Szabo
    Confident

I can't wait to participate! Seems like a really fun challenge although I'm not the best at interior designing ^.^ Good luck everyone!

• Like Like x 2
  20. MeaganJo
    Very Happy

MeaganJo Builder
    Platinum Member

Making sure you get the Gallery link https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/710D973EAAF711E782DD87718D98F3FB

I wish you much luck and thanks for joining in! Remember there are 2 parts and you are not required to do both but welcome to take them both on.

• Like Like x 1