1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
    Dismiss Notice

Mod Tutorial - Add new names for randomizer

Discussion in 'Modding Corner' started by July Vee, Jan 7, 2016.

1. July Vee
    Inspired

July Vee
    1/12

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Get Together

If you are like me and are unsatisfied with the random names provided by the game, you might want to know how to add your own names to the game. I created a tutorial for this, because although mods for adding names already exist, they might not add exactly those name that you want, so just make your own! If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will try to help :)

I hope this is helpful for some of you guys. It works for every langauge! The tutorial is a video and can be found here:

I'll copy the description for you here which holds a few values and information that you need during the creation progress (the meaning and when to use them is explained in the vid, I'm just copying them here for your convienience to copy and paste them)

BEWARE THAT CREATING THIS MOD WILL MESS WITH OTHER MODS THAT ADD TOWNIE OR CAS NAMES. DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A MOD THAT ADDS NEW NAMES. USE AT OWN RISK.

This mod tutorial is up to date with the latest patch (December 17th)

"This tutorial explains how to add new names for your CAS Randomizer in the Sims4 and also how to add new names for automatically generated sims in your game. The new townie names only apply to newly generated townies. Townies you already had in your game before creating this mode will keep their names. Hope you enjoy!

You need:
    Data File Tool by velocitygrass (extract with 7zip)
    http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=531876

Combined XML and Binary Tuning Extractor by scumbumbo
    http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=556292

S4PE (extract with 7zip)
    https://github.com/Kuree/Sims4Tools/releases

Additional tools you need:
    7zip
    WinRAR

After extracting the resource files go to:
    Your Resource folder\BG\tun and look for a file named S4_03B33DDF_00000000_784760DD00959DFA

In S4PE open:
    ClientDeltaBuild0.package inside \The Sims 4\Data\Client\

Open in S4PE and look for:
    DATA, instance 0x7036FF3703847744

This should be the Type,Group,Instance values for the new files:

ITUN
    Type 0x03B33DDF
    Group 0x00000000
    Instance 0x784760DD00959DFA

DATA
    Type 0x545AC67A
    Group 0x006CA304
    Instance 0x7036FF3703847744"

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. aly975

aly975
    1/12

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff, Sims 4 Parenthood, Sims 4 Toddler Stuff

The download link to Data File Tool by velocitygrass (extract with 7zip) doesnt work anymore :( Is there an updated link to this??