Newborns in the Livingroom!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by laravalentine10, Jul 12, 2018.

1. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
  1. laravalentine10

laravalentine10
    8/12

So, this is just something little but I feel like it would really add something to family play. I know that a lot of people skip the Baby lifestage and age newborns straight to toddlers, and I understand why but I personally like to play with them for a few days and build the relationship between the baby and the parents. While I understand why the developers have made babies in the game like an item simply connected to the bassinet, I think, in reality, nobody leaves babies alone in a dark bedroom until they need fed or their nappy changed.
    My idea is some sort of object that would allow players to take the newborn in the livingroom, such as a baby bouncer or maybe a blanket with a mobile over it that would be placed on the floor. You would just click on it and be able to 'Put (baby's name) here' and the sim would pick the baby out of the bassinet and place them in the object. While they're there you could interact in the same or a similar way as you would in the bassinet except now the baby feels a little more integrated into the family's life, rather than left alone in the other end of the house while its' parents eat and shower. Like I said, it's not a huge idea but I feel like it would really improve the baby lifestage and maybe cause simmers to play with the babies a little more than they do currently.

Let me know if anyone's got any ideas like this or if you would like this in the game!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Dlinnyoko
    Playful

Dlinnyoko
    14/23

Yeah, I agree that babies kinda annoy me the way they are now.
    I think a good fix would be a Sims Freeplay style baby - one that can be picked up and allowed to crawl free (okay maybe total freedom is a bad idea - baby gates pls!) and also have a xylophone they can play

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Yaushiposh
    Inspired

Yaushiposh
    18/23

I really like how the Sims Freeplay handles babies too. It makes them a lot more fun to play with having some activities for them or at least a way to move them out of a dark bedroom from time to time.

Furthering the idea of being able to place the babies on a play mat or baby bouncer, I think it would also be a neat idea if they also had a stroller you could put the baby in for walks. That way whens sims go for a jog the baby isn't left in the house alone :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mini Simmer
    Inspired

Mini Simmer
    8/12

5. Rujuta4me
    Sad

Rujuta4me
    8/12

I agree! I play on PC , don't have "Freeplay", I need a big screen! :D I like the baby stage and will add my 2 sense. Wish, parents could teach to crawl, course I wish toddlers didn't learn to walk in 2 steps or sometimes, instantly!! Never have I had a "fussy baby". eg: cries alot, needs more attention than "most" babies or "needy" baby. Finicky baby, cant' really decide what it wants. Infant seat, to bottle feed (4-6 months old hold their own bottle) while mom talks/tells stories/ teaches sounds and introduce whole foods, like applesauce, oatmeal, peas, are already in game. My toddlers have attitude about babies too. "Why try to talk to you? you don't listen, your unresponsive, can't even wake you up; your just a piece of furniture in my way! And when you age up to a toddler, I don't know you and I don't want you around! :mad: (most of the time). :rolleyes: Rarely do any of my toddlers accept the new toddler! Just saying.....

6. Simlady

Simlady
    1/12

I think their should be a newborn stage and an baby stage (but they should first ad preteens) because when you are and infant you don’t do anything like the babies in the sims 4 but when your a baby before which is before the toddler stage you learn how to crawl and sort of communicate with your parents their should be things like the baby’s first word and first step something like that it would make me feel more involved with sim kids life.

7. Charc1213
    Happy

Charc1213
    1/12

I would love a whole "baby" pack, similar to the toddler pack, but with more options for babies.