1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
    Dismiss Notice

Nuclear War - Apocalyptic Challenge

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by xPastella, Jul 26, 2015.

1. xPastella
    Inspired

xPastella Community Reporter Staff Member
    • 83/90

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff

After watching this room build by James (The Sim Supply) I thought it'd be a cool challenge idea. I've seen an Apocalypse challenge for The Sims 4 already and I am in no way trying to take credit for the apocalypse idea! I got a lot of my inspiration from this thread on MTS!

Story:

The year is 2015 and all of Simtopia has been wiped out by a Nuclear attack. All hospitals/shops/fire departments/etc have been wiped out. Your sim(s) luckily had a bomb shelter built under their house! Sadly the house was destroyed but the shelter remains. Now your sim(s) must survive in their bomb shelter until they die of natural causes (old age).

Goal:
    Survive in the bomb shelter until your sim(s) dies of old age.

Rules:
    • I strongly recommend you use the room build I linked above for this challenge. However, if you want to build your own that is perfectly fine. All electricity for the shelter is run on a generator of sorts. Your sims thought this stuff out! The shelter must have the basic necessities: cheap bed,toilet, and kitchen stuff. The only "luxury" item that you can have is a woodworking table (An easel makes no sense mainly because there aren't collectors or art gallery's to sell the paintings to. Any other luxury item must be bought with money you earn yourself (tv,computer,etc.)
    • If one of your sims die of anything besides old age, you lose. But feel free to try again! :)
    • YOUR SIM(S) CAN NOT LEAVE THE LOT. (In this challenge scenario there is no more work/the parks are destroyed/etc. This does not apply for the legacy challenge!)
    • You can cheat to get the room that I linked above if needed. HOWEVER, your sim(s) must start off with $50.
    • If you decide to have kids they can not go to school or work. All babies must be delivered at home as well.

If you want to do this as a legacy challenge read below!

First Generation(the sims you start out with):

Bills don't have to be paid if you don't want to. I mean who are you paying anyways? The world is ending! However, you do have to eat. The goal of this generation is to have one child at least. That child will become the start of the second generation once they are born.

Second Generation:

At this point the government of Simtopia has stepped up and is defending the city somewhat — but has a strict schedule of when your sims can leave their lot (YOU CAN NOT LEAVE THE WORLD YOU LIVE IN! AKA WILLOW CREEK RESIDENTS CAN NOT GO TO OASIS SPRINGS, VICE VERSA). Only from 12-3 pm may sims leave their lot. They must be back by 3:30pm AT MOST! If not, it's assumed that they have been trapped and killed by a nuclear bomb. The goal of this generation is to meet another sim,marry them (no weddings), and have at least one child. Their child is the start of the third generation once he/she is born.

Third Generation:

The Nuclear war is reaching an end and the strict schedule has lightened up a bit and your sim may now leave their lot between the hours of 12-5pm! Your sim(s) must be home by 5:30pm AT MOST! The goal of this generation is to once again marry a sim and have at least one child. After the child has been born Simtopia has successfully won the Nuclear war and you have won the challenge!

Still testing out this stuff so I may update this if I find any problems with it!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chaynne

Chaynne
    • 3/9

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day

This sounds perfect to try in the empty hood that EA gave us a while back (the name escapes me at the moment!) I haven't built anything in mine yet.

3. xPastella
    Inspired

• 83/90

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff

Yeah of course! What I did is put the room I linked above as a basement and teleported my sim in there so they couldn't talk to anyone or leave. It makes it feel a lot more real as well. Thanks for your feedback by the way! :)

4. Chaynne

Chaynne
    • 3/9

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day

Now we can lock doors, we can just lock our sims in for the duration of the challenge! I'm kinda excited to do this now, I'm going to try it later in the week:happy2:

• Like Like x 1
  5. MoonSims

MoonSims
    • 13/18

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work

I have a few questions about buying luxury items. Are easels completely off limits or can we buy them when we have the money? Also, are we allowed to publish books?

6. Chaynne

Chaynne
    • 3/9

I've also got a question. If there are no more art galleries as they've all been demolished, how can there be other ways to make money? Wouldn't everyone else have been annihilated too?

7. xPastella
    Inspired

• 83/90

I used woodworking and just sold the sculptures and furniture thinking that the people who didn't have much in their bomb shelters were buying them to fulfill their needs and such. It's kind of hard to get around everything with it making sense so that's how I thought of it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. xPastella
    Inspired

• 83/90

You can buy an easel once you have your own money. I didn't do it myself because I was trying to make it seem as real as possible given there is no nuclear war expansion pack yet! It's really up to you! :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chaynne

Chaynne
    • 3/9

Ok, so I guess you can sell stuff if it's functional, and not purely decorative?

10. xPastella
    Inspired

• 83/90

Sure! It could be seen as selling things to other sims for their shelters if you want. :p

• Like Like x 1
  11. fullspiral

fullspiral Premium Member
    • 63/72

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day

Sounds very interesting! I might give this one a go.

• Like Like x 1
  12. MRTSims
    Festive

MRTSims Unicorn Enthusiast Platinum Member
    • 124/135

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff

Sounds very interesting!

• Like Like x 1
  13. jasminelove

jasminelove Premium Member
    • 68/90

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff

I think i'm going to go try this now :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lauren

Lauren Premium Member
    • 43/54

I neeed to do this! But I also need to sleep. Rip.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Maniyaanoop

Maniyaanoop
    • 18/36

:thumbsup:cool Idea might try it out

16. Maniyaanoop

Maniyaanoop
    • 18/36

I think im gonna use the easal but not exasvly(don't know how to spell that)publishing books sounds to easy to me so u could also use the wood working table in the room james built but again who WOULD u be selling the stuff too_O

• Like Like x 1
  17. xPastella
    Inspired

• 83/90

Yeah it's quite hard to find a way around that! Good luck! Let me know how it works out for you. :)