1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
    Dismiss Notice

Passing Down The Business - GTW Required

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Lia, Aug 7, 2015.

?

Are You Up For The Challenge?

1. Yes

91.4%
  2. No

8.6%
  1. Lia
    Very Happy

Lia
    • 44/45

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together

Back story:
    Your grandmother was the best baker there has been in town and her name is all over televisions and cookbooks, alas she's getting old and frail and is desperately trying to teach your mother how to cook to continue the business. Your mother doesn't know the difference between flour and sugar so therefore is not suitable for taking the business but your grandmother told her
    "If you find another hobby that'll make you good money then use that hobby and sell through my shop."
    Your mother found that hobby and took up writing. She was a natural author. All of her stories became best sellers in all of the book stores and there were hundreds of sims waiting to check out one of her books. Now your mother is getting old so she's talking to you about the family business.
    "Now listen. You find a hobby that makes good money and you are passionate about and you'll flourish in the family business."

Objective:
    Pass down the family business for 10 generations you are the 1st generation(mother and grandmother do not count)

Spouses/Spares/Children:

Spouses can live in the legacy house and can help out at the store but can not help stock it. They can have a job as long as it's not an active job because you won't be able to go to work with them, as your store will be your main focus.(Same for spares)

Spares can move out only if there is a living relative in the town(ex: aunt, uncle, older brother/sister)

Children must go to school and achieve at least a B to qualify as being heir(optional). Until teenagers children are not allowed to help at the store or be at the store.

Starting Out:

In CAS you are allowed to make the grandmother, mother and yourself look whichever way you would like and which ever traits you would like. Only requirement is that the grandmother must be an Elder, your mother must be an adult and you must be a young adult. When you are finished in CAS you can choose whichever lot you'd like to be your family lot, you can either build a house or get one from the gallery no requirements. Depending on how much money you are left with you can either, buy your retail lot or earn some money then buy your retail lot and there are no requirements for the retail lot!

Other Info:

You are allowed to repeat what you sell in the store but you can't repeat the same item 2 generations in a row for example. If you take up painting for the first generation then you can't do painting again until generation 3. And that goes for all items that you sell!

• Like Like x 7
    • Creative Creative x 2
  2. Purple_Simmer

Purple_Simmer Premium Member
    • 63/72

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day

This sounds interesting, I might have to take a go at it :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Simpyre
    Fine

Simpyre Ultimate Member
    • 74/90

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living

Very nice idea! :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Phloxy
    Inspired

Phloxy
    • 14/23

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out

May have to give this a try!

5. SimmerDownSouth
    Happy

SimmerDownSouth Staff Member
    • 139/180

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out

This sounds challenging, but fun!

6. Girlwithatophat
    Very Happy

Girlwithatophat
    • 6/11

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff

Love this. Will have to try

7. dadobeli
    Energized

dadobeli
    • 4/11

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together

Oh wow this sounds pretty interesting! I might give it a try after I finish my first legacy. Thank's for the thread!

8. Lia
    Very Happy

Lia
    • 44/45

Thanks for the all the great comments!

9. Vuneca
    Energized

Vuneca
    • 1/11

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff

has anyone done this challenge? Make it through 10 gens?

10. Lia
    Very Happy

Lia
    • 44/45

Since I haven't been able to edit my post just read this!
    Since dine out has come out you can now have a restaurant as your business. Same rules apply but just wanted to put it out there

• Like Like x 1
  11. brookiecookie
    Inspired

brookiecookie
    • 8/11

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff

Definitely sounds like a challenge, but I'm always looking for ways to make my gameplay a little more exciting so I might have to give this one a shot :thumbsup:

12. Luna Simmer

Luna Simmer
    • 1/11

So excited to give this challenge a try! This is so cool :)