POLL: Do you plan to get The Sims 4 Get Famous?

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 Get Famous' started by jovjovan, Oct 30, 2018.

1. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
?

Will you be getting The Sims 4 Get Famous?

1. YES!

40 vote(s)
    58.0%
  2. No.

6 vote(s)
    8.7%
  3. On the fence.

5 vote(s)
    7.2%
  4. Waiting for a sale...

18 vote(s)
    26.1%
  1. jovjovan
    Very Inspired

jovjovan Founder Staff Member
    145/180

Graphic Designer
    The Sims 4 Get Famous Expansion Pack is less than 3 weeks away from its release - 18 days from the creation of this post to be more precise.

With so much information that we have about the pack do you already have plans on getting the pack? Do you think it's worth the price, will you be waiting for a sale to come or is it a pack that you just plan on skipping?

Let us know by voting in the poll above and by replying to this thread!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. emile20

emile20
    8/12

It feels like a lot of your posts regarding this pack are done with bad intent. EA was so nice to invite you to creators camp, yet you compared the mod to RTF then incited the world was too small, creating massive unnecessary backlash instead of constructive criticism. Yes I will be getting the pack and am excited for it!

• Like Like x 1
  3. jovjovan
    Very Inspired

jovjovan Founder Staff Member
    145/180

Graphic Designer
    I didn't compare the pack to road to fame at all:fishy:

Nothing that I post about this pack is with bad intent. I praise the pack where it needs to be praised and I give constructive criticism in areas where the pack could've been improved. That's all there is to it.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jeremia_Lecato
    Very Happy

Jeremia_Lecato
    39/45

Recording artist, dancer, YouTube personality
    I cannot wait to look for hip hop songs to listen! And thanks for bring that thread back lately!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ambar
    Inspired

Ambar
    8/12

Yes i already preordered it from cdkeys i always get the expansions for half off from either cdkeys or target because for some reason they always have sales on the sims when they release them so yay! Cant wait to play it finally an expansion im interested in even though i was waiting for university, the last expansion pack i liked was city living i have them all but ive never been fan of pets or seasons i dont play with pets i liked the world tho, and seasons ehh dont care for them, so far the thing i dont like is the world size i agree with everyone that its too small, oh and the style of the buy mode i only like contemporary or modern style furniture and lately we have not gotten any of that and all the videos ive seen show that this one isnt in that style either, but hopefully the gameplay is worth it! But can it be the 16th already i feel like i have not liked anything theyve released in forever, but im still hopeful itll get better fingers crossed!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Simmer K

Simmer K
    1/12

Ill be waiting for giveaways or a sale or something because even though my country doesn’t use Euros, EA makes us pay by it and the exchange rate is a bit too high right now. I don’t want to pay quarter of what I paid for the complete collection to just one EP... I loved the content and can’t wait to get it tho!

7. Brandon Victor

Brandon Victor
    1/12

So constructive criticism is now with ‘bad intent’? So Jovan should accept mediocre content because he was invited to sims camp? The world IS small, the backlash WAS necessary. It’s bad jornalism to incite bias on reviewed content. Just because he was invited to an event, he has to pretend that the Sims team can’t do no wrong? oh please.

• Like Like x 2
  8. SallyC
    Inspired

SallyC
    19/23

Goddess of my Sim people
    I have already preordered it because I like the topic and I have some sims that want to be famous and were already waiting for ages for such a pack. But honestly, I am also disappointed by the world. Nevertheless, Get Famous come with so many features and details that, I believe, enhance gameplay a lot. Therefore I'm very much looking forward to the release day.

And btw I like that Jovan does not to pretend to enjoy everything that comes from EA just because he is a GC.

9. cyberraga

cyberraga
    6/12

uhhh....no. you cant place the blame on just one person. the backlash is something inevitable. its always been like this.

10. BrandySimmer

BrandySimmer
    6/12

I can't wait until it comes out. I have already pre-ordered it the day it was available to pre-order and since then I have been keeping on with the news about it plus the update.

A Simmer's Dream!!!

11. AquaSimmer
    Fine

AquaSimmer Premium Member
    69/90

Student/YouTuber
    Absolutely, but I’m waiting for a sale because I’m a little on the broke side atm hah. Definitely gonna try and find as many giveaways as well.

12. Benjamin
    Very Uncomfortable

Benjamin
    8/12

As much as you love the game franchise in question and as much as you want to play the game now:

DO NOT PREORDER. EVER.

Publishers do not care about customers, they care about the wallets of the customers.
    As soon as they have the money already through preorder they stop caring whether the game is actually good and/or finished.

Preordering was good back when physical copies were the only way to buy a game. Physical goods can be out of stock so making sure one copy arrives for you was more or less needed for fans. Digital goods can't be out of stock so the two only purposes left are preorder bonuses and rewarding a developer for their development.

But we are talking about Electronic Arts here. They are known to care much more about shareholders than about customers.

I likely will buy the pack when I don't win a contest or giveaway. But after launch and definitely after the first actual reviews. Right now we have only previews about the pack.

13. Thrake
    Happy

Thrake
    8/12

I may get it eventually. I am still reeling from dogs/cats and seasons. :) My sims are major gardeners and seasons puts a wrinkle in that and while I personally love dogs in real life my sims pets are major attention hogs. Grin... I like them just tests and stretches my playing skills. Add to that my recent love of challenges I am growing as a simmer.