Precursor to Seasons Expansion?

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 Backyard Stuff' started by SailorDrew, Jul 21, 2016.

1. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
  1. SailorDrew
    Focused

SailorDrew
    8/12

So, we've been getting a few stuff packs that elude to specific seasons or holidays. I'm seriously wondering if 'Backyard Stuff', which heavily simulates summertime activities, is a precursor to a 'Seasons' EP? Like, is this foreshadowing?! *excited*

If it is, I'm also concerned that packs of things that typically go in 'Seasons' will cut into the content for the EP. What do you think?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Omac
    Inspired

Omac Premium Member
    69/90

Unemployed Writer
    Uh.. well.. It was confirmed that the pack nor the quarterly teaser is a hint as Seasons. They said so in the Backyard stuff live-steam, pretty early into it too. I know a lot of people are expecting seasons, but it just doesn't seem like it's next.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Purduesimmer
    Happy

Purduesimmer Ultimate Member
    68/90

I don't think it's hinting at Seasons. I'd guess that the reason packs lately have been featuring seasonal themed stuff is just that people want it. It's been a common complaint that every day in Sims 4 is perfect and sunny, no hints at all of it being cold or hot. People like having changes to the environment outside, that's why Seasons is such a popular expansion. The pack isn't out yet for Sims 4, so they're just trying to give people a few things to bring to mind different seasons. I think the next expansion pack will likely be a Generations, Pets, or Seasons type thing, just because those are the major things lots of people want. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ALotLikeWords
    Focused

ALotLikeWords Illustrator & Nerdzilla Supreme Member
    119/135

Student
    Im sure more season/holiday stuff packs will continue happening
    Honestly i think it's a good idea, so when you do eventually get to a seasons expansion pack they can focus more on the weather, new interactions specific to that, or, go about it in a different way than they have before. I dont think it was meant as a hint, though im absolutely sure we'll get seasons at some point due to the demand

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Digatron5000
    Energized

Digatron5000
    8/12

I would love seasons but I think the parks in the game should have activities which change throughout the game and I want my sims to be able to swim in the sea or the rivers in windenburg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Superior D
    Fine

Superior D
    23/45

Yes! :rolleyes: I love Seasons! :D I like! :) I very wait new EP3! ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Pettro33
    Happy

Pettro33
    18/23

I want seasons, too! :) It will be a good expansion pack ;) Well, if it even will be :/

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. SailorDrew
    Focused

SailorDrew
    8/12

Oh! That's a good point... getting the content out there, then concentrating on rolling more game play into the EP. Yes, yes. I like it! Make it happen Maxis!

Seasons would, indeed, be nice. I think 'Generations' would also be a good one, so that way the army of family players who want toddlers would be happy. :) I haven't always loved toddlers, but I do miss them sometimes. Even for those of us who aren't totally in love w/toddlers wouldn't be losing anything if they are introduced b/c TS4 lets you age up anyone at any time, which is nice.

Anyhoo, I think I've seen a snow mod floating around, so there's something at least for while we're (im)patiently waiting for our beloved 'Seasons'. <3 I haven't tried it yet, but it might be worth a shot. :) Marvinsims makes lovely Maxis-match coats. <3

• Like Like x 1
  9. Demarius
    Flirty

Demarius
    3/12

We should of already had seasons from the start of the game. I hope they make a update that just adds weather in the game and then make a seasons pack.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Canadian Simmer
    Fine

Canadian Simmer Ultimate Member
    109/135

I could see weather being an update to the game, in preparation to a vacation type EP - we are due for a new vacation locale - and I think they'll focus on SP for adding in seasonal type objects.

11. Ethereal Plumbob
    Happy

Ethereal Plumbob
    59/68

I don't know, the expansions have seemed kinda meh for me. They have yet to wow me like the sims 3 did.

12. Kai Chen
    Happy

Kai Chen Not taking custom mod requests. Staff Member
    180/225

Interpreter
    Wouldn't that be redundant?

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Omac
    Inspired

Omac Premium Member
    69/90

Unemployed Writer
    I don't want seasons in my game, I hope they don't make it a free update...

14. Canadian Simmer
    Fine

Canadian Simmer Ultimate Member
    109/135

If they provide the option to turn it off though... it would keep all players happy - whether they want weather or not

• Agree Agree x 2