1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
    Dismiss Notice

Sims 1 Too Hard? No Problem!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SnarkyWitch, Apr 9, 2016.

1. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth Storyteller
    9/12

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Parenthood

I went back to playing Sims 1 a while ago and it was a huge shock for me. I played The Sims 1 on PC long before I ever even heard of The Sims 2 so I used to be pretty good at it as a kid but I guess I've gotten spoiled with the later games because The Sims 1 is really hard, holy plumbobs! You spend 99.9% of your time just eating, sleeping and going to the toilet to keep your motives up and somehow, the 0.1% of spare time you get is supposed to be spent on building skills and making friends to advance in your career while going on dates and having a love life. Pretty much impossible.

My boyfriend then showed me this beautiful little CC download for Sims 1 called the Rejuvenation Chamber. It's basically a shower that refills all your Sim's motives at once. I didn't even know what CC was back in the days of The Sims 1 so finding this was like discovering the Holy Grail for me.

All you need to do is spend some time putting one of these showers in every household and on every community lot in your game and boom! Your Sims can spend more time having fun, building skills and socializing and less time filling their motives. It's extremely cheaty but if you're like me and just want to play Sims 1 to enjoy all the features of your expansions, then it's perfect for you and will make the game a lot easier and a lot more fun.

You can get the Rejuvenation Chamber here: http://www.simslice.com/freebies/samples-pg1.htm

• Like Like x 3
  2. NaterXander
    Inspired

NaterXander Writer Staff Member
    139/180

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff, Sims 4 Parenthood

And for those of us who don't use CC, you can also use the cheat "move_objects on" and go into buy mode, pick up your sim, and delete them. Then go back into live mode and double tap on their portrait and they'll reappear with full motives. Always save right before you do this though, because if you don't, they'll lose anything they accomplished since the last time you saved. So delete them, build their skills until their mood is low, save, delete them, repeat.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

155/180

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Parenthood

Yep! That's a good method, too! The only advantage to the chamber over the cheat is just that you can't use the cheat on community lots. Since you can't edit community lots while your Sim is on them, nor can you save the game while your Sim is on a community lot, you have to send them home to reset them that way, which can be difficult if your Sim is on vacation or something. I put the chamber on every community lot and in every hotel room so whenever my Sims motives get low before I'm ready to go home, I can just send them to the chamber on that lot for a quick refresh. :)

4. Iron Seagull
    Fine

Iron Seagull Premium Member
    69/90

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living

lol that object is a classic! Really glad Simslice still exists XD

• Like Like x 1
  5. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

155/180

Thank you for pointing it out to me. :inlove:

• Like Like x 1
  6. NaterXander
    Inspired

NaterXander Writer Staff Member
    139/180

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff, Sims 4 Parenthood

Oh true, I didn't think about vacations and such. I'm never on community lots long enough that it would matter aside form vacations.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

155/180

Just popping back in with another useful download for Sims 1 to make the game easier (maybe too easy but I still like it).

It's a hacked object called the SuperStatue. From what I can see, it's the Sims 1 equivalent of TwoJeff's SimBlender for Sims 2. It's a statue that can be placed on lots and has many interactions, such as "make a new friend" and allows you to boost your Sims' moods and adjust their personalities, among other things. There's different versions of the statue depending on which expansions you have.

You can find the download here: http://www.somesimthings.com/Obj/05Obj.htm

The reason I put this in my game was because I was going crazy trying to balance 10+ friends to get Claire Charming promoted in her job. She was level 9 in her career and I was already having a really hard time balancing the 9 friends she needed for that level but to get promoted to level 10, she needed 11 friends and every time she'd make a new friend, she'd have already lost two more friends during the time it took her to make that new friend. I was using the Rejuvenation Chamber, too, and it was still impossible. I lost my patience and downloaded this to keep her friends so she could get promoted again.

I was extra happy that I downloaded this when Claire randomly quit being Chief of Staff at the hospital in order to be an Inventor in the Science career. Apparently, Sims who stay at level 10 of the medicine career for a while automatically switch. I wasn't impressed because I needed to build skills and make friends to get promoted in that job but the Statue made it easier.

8. Starri
    Very Happy

Starri
    18/23

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff

I don't care if it is "cheaty". I will use these! Thanks!

9. 2000WmA
    Happy

2000WmA
    3/12

Since I've never played the sims 1 before, I found myself curios about what it was like. I've played sims 2, 3, and 4 is my main, so playing the sims 1 was a big shock. It's so hard to do anything you really want to but, I'm glad I finally found out what it was like and to my surprise I spent 3 hours playing. So I must have been entertained. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nomiko13
    Very Playful

Nomiko13 Ultimate Member
    74/90

May I ask what type of computer you play it on? I have a Windows 7 and the game won't work on mine. Keeps saying I need administrative privileges, despite me being the admin of my laptop.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 2000WmA
    Happy

2000WmA
    3/12

I have windows 10. And I believe you just right click and find run as administrator.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nomiko13
    Very Playful

Nomiko13 Ultimate Member
    74/90

Sadly, I tried that but it didn't work xD Maybe it's just specs or something.

13. PixiesAdventures
    Energized

PixiesAdventures
    9/12

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff

This is so cool! I need to search for my complete collection box and test this out! I bet it will be a much better gameplay for me. Hopefully it will work fine on Windows 10.