Sims 3 or Sims 4?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Geekchic36, Nov 27, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
  1. G3n3qu1s
    Bored

G3n3qu1s Crazy Lady Here
    Storyteller

Horse Chaser, Future Youtuber
    Sims 3! Open world is awesome but It just crashes all of the time so I can't play it :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. morathami
    Very Happy

I prefer The Sims 4 but I'm currently bored playing both of them. What I really love in The Sims 4 that not featured in The Sims 3 is CAS pose:) I'd love to use that for photoshooting and it makes 99% easier than have to load the game and do the lightning blablabla.
    But I miss open world too:(

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SnarkyWitch
    Very Sad

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth
    Storyteller

Writer
    Sims 4 because I can actually play it longer than 20 minutes without being scared of it crashing on me and no lag. Also it looks beautiful. Sims 3 is hella ugly, lol.

Sims 3 for content but it has an unfair advantage, being a finished cycle. Maybe Sims 4 will surpass it by the end of its cycle. We'll see.

4. SpectreRage
    Very Playful

Ultimate Member

Student
    Sims 3 is great because Supernatural Expansion Pack and the custom design tool.

But Sims 4 is wayyy less buggy and laggy. I can barely run Sims 3 on a moderate setting on my laptop (and it takes forever to start up) but Sims 4, despite having much better graphics runs way smoother.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Sennie
    Uncomfortable

Supreme Member

The Sims 3 runs pretty well on my laptop, though it still is very buggy and crashed the other day :rolleyes: But yeah the Sims 4 is also a pretty awesome game. It loads in seconds for me and so far I've not been affected by any bugs or lag :)
    The only downside for me with the Sims 4 is that it's missing toddlers, family play, supernatural beings like Vampires and open world but other than that I really like it :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SpectreRage
    Very Playful

Ultimate Member

Student
    oh yeah, the baby thing. And I wish you could take your baby out too. D:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. gothicbutterflyZen
    Happy

sims 3 i like it alot better then sims 4 i do not like loading every time i go out i like open world and have cars too like sims 3 that is why im staying with sims 3

8. Shinzhia
    Inspired

Supreme Member

Painter
    Sims3... and i just had an update lmao! */me wondered*
    Maybe because its harder to play? Open world, autonomous to the max, relationships, terraforming/terrain tools, toddlers, swimming on the beach, disasters and illnesses, complicated sims that makes the neighborhood more interesting to play and deal with.

The lag every now and then, some bugs that were never fixed and then the loading screen only kills it.
    Not to mention TS3 heats up my laptop like a toaster.
    But yes, I still like TS3 more than TS4 and if I would replace my prehistoric laptop, I will install it first than TS4.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BeeC1977

I am playing Sims 3 more now than Sims 4. Mainly because my laptop has trouble running Sims 4, but I do get some playing in from time to time. I like all that Sims 3 has to offer, with mods & CC, which makes it that much more interesting. But I hear that Sims 4 has a lot of that stuff now too. Still, Sims 3 is my favorite! :bigsmile:

10. Eca
    Fine

Eca
    Ultimate Member

Student
    To me, The Sims 4 has many missing. For example, toddler is primary missing in The Sims 4. So, i prefer The Sims 3. I don't know why but i prefer it. It's a nostalgic game.

11. Sennie
    Uncomfortable

Supreme Member

I really, really hope you're right! :)

I have faith that toddlers and Pets will come back, and hopefully Supernaturals as well (I miss my vampires) :)
    Seasons would be amazing to :)

Matthew.

• Like Like x 1
  12. simsfan36
    Very Playful

Ultimate Member

playing sims lol
    yep need some more long term game play with lots of options.i miss the color wheel.

13. Kai Chen
    Happy

Kai Chen Not taking custom mod requests.
    Staff Member

Interpreter
    By far The Sims 4.

The Sims 3 was better for building, but not playing. Sims were lifeless.

14. TriangularRoom

While I loved all the options available in Sims 3 with all the expansions, it ran so slowly on my computer (which was a gaming PC) that I just ended up getting frustrated.

I love Sims 4. The graphic style is great, and the building feels more intuitive to me, and it runs beautifully.

15. jenna
    Very Playful

jenna Little Lamb ♡
    Supreme Member

oh dude no brainer TS3
    but that doesn't mean i'm talking for everyone here that's just my personal opinion for those who prefer TS4 as long as you're happy i'm happy for you guys

16. KawaYiBunnie
    Sad

Premium Member

Gamer & Kpop Fan
    Sims 3. Not that id dislike Sims 4, It's just that i get bored in like the next five minutes after starting up sims 4. Sims 4 was my first sims game, but i got bored and bought sims 3. I love sims 3 so much that i bought university life. I'm thinking of getting Dine Out to see if that brings my interest back to the Sims 4.

17. Kai Chen
    Happy

Kai Chen Not taking custom mod requests.
    Staff Member

Interpreter
    The Sims 4. The Sims 3, for me, was basically for building. But I love my The Sims 4 sims and Live Mode.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SnarkyWitch
    Very Sad

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth
    Storyteller

Writer
    I prefer building in The Sims 4. Sims 3's build mode gives me a headache, but you're right about the Sims themselves and live mode in general being so much better. Basically all Sims 4 needs is more STUFF but once it has all the major features from Sims 3, it won't even be a debate anymore; Sims 4 will be the superior game in all aspects. Right now, I only go on Sims 3 kicks for the extra "stuff" but if Sims 4 had all that, too, I'd never play Sims 3 at all.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Starri
    Angry

Cashier
    Sims 3, particularly of things like CASt and the supernatural sims. Give me my colorful fairies! :p

20. PixiesAdventures
    Dazed

The Sims 4. TS3 got too much stuff going on for me, and I am not a big fan of the graphics. But if there was a TS4 with the open world feature and supernatural creatures like fairies, that would be perfect!