Some love for our Elders?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RubyStar92, Aug 26, 2017.

1. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
  1. RubyStar92
    Very Uncomfortable

RubyStar92
    8/12

Full time Streamer
    I'm not sure about you guys, but through all The Sims games, as soon as my Sims have kids, who grow up to baby making age I tend to neglect my Elders a little. They kinda either become just money making machines until the day they die, or if I move them out I never go and see them.

I'd love to see a pack that encourages playing with Elders a little more, maybe even give them some attention in their golden years.

We could get some new skills like knitting, or family recipes that you can't learn in any book or by growing your skill but can only be passed down from the Elders. Maybe an Elder can get one in the mail like the kids did the imaginary friend toy, and its up to you to pass it down.

Maybe the Elders could also go through phases like being absent minded/forgetful and being grumpy?

It would be a nice way to bring back inheritance too.

Do you have any other ideas?

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SimUriel
    Inspired

SimUriel
    14/23

artist a story teller and a turgid
    Wow RubyStar92 you are totally right
    and resntly I've been thinking about that problem as Simmer's we play way more often with yonger Sims and we etend to forget about the first Sims that we played with in game or we forget that our Sims have Grandparents and other Family reletivs
    and maybe we need a Pach or DLC of some sort but how about we just need to take more notice of them by visiting them inviting them to our party and reunions and bring the family and realistic vibe
    So Personally that is my point of view
    so thank you for opnig this up to us
    and HAVE A GREAT DAY AND
    A HAPPY SIMMING

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. RubyStar92
    Very Uncomfortable

RubyStar92
    8/12

Full time Streamer
    They seem to be basing TS4 around family time and bonds, so hopefully its something they already have in the works!

Reunions would be great! I know there's a mod where you can send your sim to spend time with family, quite like you do if you send your sim to volunteer. But say if you could send your kids off to the grandparents for an afternoon and they came back with the stuffed moodlet, maybe some pocket money and that warm buzz you get from seeing your grandparents and hanging out with them.

I just think it would be super cute! Im so glad you like the idea too!

• Thank you! Thank you! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. SimUriel
    Inspired

SimUriel
    14/23

artist a story teller and a turgid
    thank you so much for your support and you right it wood be adorable and quit fantastic I'd love to see such a thing in the near future
    but I've got an Idea that maybe we cooed do
    a "little challenge" if that makes sens ore even a hashtag for CAS and for builds lets say
    #Some love for our Elders? and I'd like it a lot if maybe you cued help me with I't by letting me you's this form as a entry (don't worry you will not be forgotten) so what do you think :rolleyes:
    lets make it happen let us not forget our ELDER'S :heart:
    thank you for opening my mind!!!

• Thank you! Thank you! x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. xNinjaSims
    Inspired

xNinjaSims
    8/12

This would integrate well with an EP that focused more on the family aspect of sims 4 (not parenting)! The Sims 4 Family Reunion?! We could host baby showers, bachelor/ette parties. Barbeques, Family Reunions. The imaginary friend, inheritance, daycare profession? OOOH. I think an EP like this would genuinely bring the families together! DNA tests?! Oh man, I see some amazing things that could happen with an EP like this!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. RubyStar92
    Very Uncomfortable

RubyStar92
    8/12

Full time Streamer

I'd say lets not use this thread for it HOWEVER I LOVE the idea of doing a little challenge to bring some love back to our Elders! Pop me a message on here and maybe we could talk some more about it! :)

• Thank you! Thank you! x 1
  7. RubyStar92
    Very Uncomfortable

RubyStar92
    8/12

Full time Streamer
    I so miss the bachelor/ette parties now that you say that!

So maybe having another generations style pack like the sims 3?

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. cozysimmer
    Tense

cozysimmer
    8/12

I love this! And I agree! Whenever my heir ages up I automatically move them out and age up the parents into elders, not bothering with them later. Also, there's not many elder based clothes. A few, but I wish there were more. Love this idea!

9. CuteCoffeeGal
    Confident

CuteCoffeeGal
    18/23

New to Sims YouTube!
    I completely agree (and reunions would be awesome)! There could also be some fun interactions, like telling stories of the good ole days, or reminiscing with old sweethearts. A propensity to watch old movies and TV shows, etc. And I would love to see a way to integrate nursing homes or something!

10. JenniEkberg
    Inspired

JenniEkberg
    3/12

I haven't even thought about that before.. but a game pack just focusing on elders would be amazing!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Blade X
    Fine

Blade X
    19/23

Best...Idea...EVER!!!:brogesture:

12. Kai Chen
    Happy

Kai Chen Not taking custom mod requests. Staff Member
    180/225

Interpreter
    I agree. I make custom ageing mods so my elders don't live too long.

13. stellasausus
    Playful

stellasausus
    1/12

This would be soooooo super cute!
    What about a midlife crisis (isn’t that featured somewhere else?), housing for elderly? Like those dorms from university? Sims that didn’t take care of their athletics when they were younger could walk on a stick when they turn into elders. They could have trouble learning the social media skill and asking teens to help them with that. They could be best at telling stories (am I the only one that loves stories about her grandmas childhood?) which could give kids and teens a moodlet. I love those ideas about family recipes someone mentioned <3
    Uhhh and there could be random events for them, like school reunions, diamond wedding celebrations or bingo nights.

Ahhhh this would be so cool <3