1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
    Dismiss Notice

The "Friends" tv-show challenge

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Julieintheskywithdiamonds, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Julieintheskywithdiamonds

Julieintheskywithdiamonds
    • 3/11

"So no one told life was gonna be this way"*clap clap clap clap*

Hi guys! I got into the idea of building a challenge based around the tv-show Friends, so I began a game and thought of a way it could work. Hope you'll like it!

Basic rules for the challenge:

There are individual rules for each character, but these rules are sort of the basics for the whole challenge.
    You can create all the characters from the series, Chandler, Joey, Ross, Rachel, Phoebe and Monica, but you don't have to. When making the challenge, I create my own characters and I thought that was pretty fun. Though the characters still have their individual goals based on the original characters from the show.

1. You create 6 sims. 3 boys and 3 girls. Again, you decide if you want the characters from the show or just create your own.
    2. 2 of them has to be siblings.
    3. They have to start out as young adults.
    4. Move your sims into the 50x40 lot in Newcrest. You'll now have 21.500 simoleons. *You aren't allowed to use money cheats
    5. You can spend the remaining money on whatever you want, though It's recommended you spend it on 6 beds, a toilet and a fridge... duh.
    6. At least two of your sims has to become a couple. It doesn't have to be your Ross and Rachel or you Chandler and Monica, though :)
    7. Significant others outside the group can move in with them, but not bring any money.

The character rules:

If their aspiration is marked as "Recommended" then it's a requirement to have the aspiration.

Sim 1 - The Chandler one.

My personal favorite Chandler Bing is the awkward guy in the group, who can make fun out of any situation... even when he shouldn't.

Aspiration: Soulmate(Recommended)

Traits: Goofball, clumsy and bro.

Rules:

1. He has to date someone outside the group(The Janice). He then has to break up with her, but he can't do that before the love and the friendship bar is full. After the break-up, they have to get together again. They're allowed to stay together after that, but it's up to you.
    2. He has to work in business.

Sim 2 - The Rachel one.

The beautiful and rich Rachel is someone who doesn't quite knows what she wants, but learns to find value in real friends.

Aspiration: Friend of the world.

Traits: Confident, delicate and materialistic.

Rules:

1. The Rachel one has to complete her given aspiration(Friend of the world) as the popular type she is.

Sim 3 - The Ross one.

Ross is the nerd in the group, who may have been married a few times...

Aspiration: Big happy family or Nerdbrain(Recommended)

Traits: Jealous, nerd and family oriented.

Rules:
    1. He has to be divorced at least once. He needs to get her pregnant before they get divorced.

Sim 4 - The Monica one.

Monica is the ambitious one the group who's sure about her goals in life.

Aspiration: Masterchef

Traits: Active, neat and perfectionist.

Rules:
    1. Has to date an adult while she's still an young adult.
    2. Has to work as a chef and has to achieve at least level 5.

Sim 5 - The Joey one.

Food and girls. Joey.

Aspiration: Serial romantic.

Traits: Glutton, romantic and bro.

Rules:
    1. As the womanizer Joey is known to be, he has to complete his aspiration.

Sim 6 - The Phoebe one.

The free spirit, who'd you mostly catch with her guitar.

Aspiration: The curator(Recommended... Yeah, I don't know. What do Phoebe really want in life?)

Traits: Crazy, cheerful and childish.

Rules:
    1. Has to reach at least level 5 in guitar.

• Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 2
  2. Kriint
    Very Playful

Kriint Staff Member
    • 59/68

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out

Oh very well done! I love it! This is a very fun way to play with many Sims!

3. Canadian Simmer
    Fine

Canadian Simmer Ultimate Member
    • 109/135

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff

Looks like a lot of fun, but what's the 3rd trait for Rachel for those that don't have Custom traits? Delicate isn't part of the game :(

4. Julieintheskywithdiamonds

• 3/11

My game is danish, so I just translated it to english. Sorry!
    I just looked it up and it's called 'squeamish' in the english language game :D

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Thank you! Thank you! x 1
  5. Julieintheskywithdiamonds

• 3/11

For sure! It could be so much fun making a challenge based on The Big Bang Theory! :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Canadian Simmer
    Fine

Canadian Simmer Ultimate Member
    • 109/135

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kristy

Kristy
    • 3/11

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff

I am THRILLED to start this! I'm going to start today lol! I LOVE Friends so this will definitely be fun. Great idea!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Julieintheskywithdiamonds

• 3/11

That's amazing to hear! :D
    Post some updates or pictures of your game, if you want to. I'd love to see what people do with the challenge :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. DangerousViolet
    Happy

DangerousViolet
    • 1/11

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together

I love this and I love Friends! I'm so doing this as an LP on my YouTube Channel!! Thanks for the great idea!