1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
    Dismiss Notice

The Going Green Legacy (Picture Dump)

Discussion in 'Sims Stories' started by ashleighanne90, Jul 11, 2016.

1. ashleighanne90
    Dazed

ashleighanne90 Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth Storyteller
    • 155/180

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vampires

I've been playing a Sims 3 legacy lately and I'm not writing a story about them but I wanted to share pics because I'm really attached to this family now. My second generation are both young adults now, just gotta work on my heiress finding a mate to bring in generation 3 with.

It's called the Going Green Legacy because I'm playing with the optional legacy rule to have a family trait, which I've made Eco-Friendly. Gracie's story is that she used to live in Bridgeport but one day, she watched an environmental documentary and she was so moved by it that she changed her entire life around. She became a vegetarian, bought a bike to travel around to eliminate her emissions and even left the polluted Bridgeport to move to the much more environmentally-focused Aurora Skies where she took up gardening as a full-time profession. I plan for each heir in this legacy to work on taking care of the natural world in their own unique way and for the Field family to become an icon of environmental stewardship in Aurora Skies.

My founder, Gracie Field, celebrating her new marriage to Stein Svard in Aurora Skies.

Married life (Don't worry, Stein helps with chores, too!)

First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the Fields with the baby carriage!

Rock star by day, daddy by night.

Anniversary time! They're still hopelessly in love.

A second little girl comes into their lives. She's the spitting image of her mom. This is Lilac Field and she's my second generation heiress! (Funny story, she was born with the Evil and Hates the Outdoors traits which conflicts with my family trait, Eco-Friendly, so she couldn't be the heiress but I used an elixir to reroll her traits as a child and she ended up with Angler, Lucky and Animal Lover which allowed me to select Eco-Friendly for her as a teen. Phew!)

Lilac's older sister, Lily, becomes a teenager and strikes up a romance with her former imaginary friend whom she turned real. Her mother looks extremely weirded out by this.

Aw yeah! Stein may be getting on in years but he's still rockin' in the free world!

• Like Like x 1
  2. ashleighanne90
    Dazed

• 155/180

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vampires

Lilac becomes a child and joins Scouts! She did really well in scouts, too, earning several badges, learning a scout's salute and taking home a trophy at her ceremony.

Mother vs. Daughter in a fierce battle of hot dogs!

Lily and her imaginary friend boyfriend (imaginary boyfriend?) practice their soccer skills together. They both joined Sports Club at school.

Hanging out on Swings: A Cool Kid Documentary

This paparazza had been stalking my legacy family for years in-game. She'd hang out outside their house all hours of the day and night, look through their windows, heckle Gracie and Stein's children whenever they left the house to go to school, take pictures of Gracie and Stein WooHooing in the treehouse out back and was just generally creepy and obnoxious. Both Gracie and I were immensely satisfied when this lady dropped dead from old age... while stalking their house. HA! Paparazzi Payback!

(Also, Gracie is an elder by now as you can see in the pic but for some reason, I didn't take any screenshots of her aging up).

Lilac eventually became a teen and dear Watcher, was she ever hideous! I sent her to the hospital to get plastic surgery because there was no way I was going to have a flat-lipped, droopy-eyed, boulder jawed heiress. This pic is the before and after. I didn't take pics of her sister Lily before and after plastic surgery but she was just as gross-looking when she aged into a teen and I had to fix her, too. She had all the same features as Lilac initially.

Now this is a death no one was happy about but we knew this day had to come eventually. 'Tis the nature of a legacy challenge. Stein's wife and daughters are understandably heartbroken over losing Stein. He was quite young for an elder, I think his age bar was only half full.

3. ashleighanne90
    Dazed

• 155/180

I take pictures of the legacy house every generation because I usually do major renovations once a generation. It's not technically generation 2 yet because my heiress is still a teen even if her sister's a young adult but the family had about $120,000 saved up and I wanted to cheer them all up with a new house after Stein's death, it hit them all really hard. This is what the house looked like at the end of the first generation.

This is the inside of the house at the end of the first generation. I have no idea why Gracie and Stein's bed is missing, maybe I was in the process of shuffling things around. I did end up buying the hover bed Lifetime Reward so maybe I was replacing the bed when I took this shot.

Gracie stumbled across a beautiful female unicorn completely by accident and befriended her! I hope having a unicorn in the family already won't mess up the Fairytale Finder LTW if I ever choose it for a Sim.

Lucky and Lily get romantic at the Spring Festival.

And Lucky finally pops the question! It's about time! They've been together since grade nine of high school! Lily enthusiastically accepts!

I was dumb and didn't take pics of the new house (probably because they didn't have enough money to fully furnish it so only some rooms look nice while others are completely empty), but it fits the architectural style of Aurora Skies which was great for me because the houses in Aurora Skies are all just really tall boxes with brightly coloured tin roofs and I'm not a great builder so boxes are nice and easy for me to work with. It has four floors, eight bedrooms, five bathrooms (I think?), a laundry room and an indoor swimming pool which everyone in the family seems to love. They're always in the pool whenever I leave them alone. As you can see, Gracie is relaxing in the pool in her old age.

That moment of instant regret and panic because you know you're helpless to change things now.

With the birthday of Lilac, it officially becomes generation 2 because Lilac is my heiress.

4. ashleighanne90
    Dazed

• 155/180

Thanks to her teenage plastic surgery, Lilac turned out beautiful. I gave her The Jockey LTW which should be easy to fulfill with a unicorn in the family since unicorns have both racing and jumping skills maxed out.

Gracie: Happy birthday, sweetie! Now hurry up and give me grandbabies before ol' Grimmy comes for me!
    Lilac: Mom, I'm eighteen, calm down!

Too late, Gracie. Your time is up. The death of a founder is always rough.

A funeral is thrown (and can someone at EA please explain to me why I can have a funeral but I can't have it at the cemetery?) and the now orphaned sisters grieve together for their mom.

Lily gets some much-needed comfort from her fiance, too.

Lilac: I'll never be as good at taking care of this family as Mom was. She did so much in her life...
    Lily: Mom started off a lot worse than you when she was your age, Lilac. Your life's only just begun, you're going to do amazing things in your life and carry on Mom's legacy, I have faith in you.

STOP DANCING ON THE COUNTER, LUCKY, THIS ISN'T THAT KIND OF PARTY! :lamphead:

Graduation day is bitter-sweet without her mom and dad there to cheer her on, but Lilac graduates with honors and is named valedictorian! Her parents would be so proud!

5. ashleighanne90
    Dazed

• 155/180

Lily's wedding day finally arrives (I... kind of completely forgot about throwing a wedding for her until she rolled the wish to marry Lucky, her way of telling me to hurry up and get her married already, lol) but she's still grieving for her mom. It's always sad when a loved one can't be there to celebrate your big day with you. Now it's Lilac's turn to be the comforting sister.

Lucky and Lily say "I do!" (I built this wedding venue myself, btw, I don't normally upload my Sims 3 builds but if anyone wants it, I'd be happy to throw it up on the Exchange. There's no CC whatsoever but I used a lot of Store content and expansion/stuff packs).

Cutting the cake! I was a little disappointed that the bride and groom don't seem to feed the cake to each other, but it's nice that everyone gathers to watch and cheer.

A very romantic dance floor shot.

Lily's all smiles now! How could she stay sad after having such a wonderful wedding?

Not long after the wedding, Lily and Lucky got blessed with a welcomed surprise!

Lily gives birth to a healthy baby boy named Cane (who also rolled the Hates the Outdoors trait but luckily, he's moved out with his parents so he's not eligible for points anyway). I got all the points I could with Lily. She has a portrait up on the wall, she completed her LTW and she had over 100,000 LTH points so it was time for her to move out with her husband and son and live her own life. Her LTW was "Reach Max Influence with all Social Groups" and she had so many LTH points saved up by the time she became a young adult that I just purchased enough influence with all three groups to get her level 9, then had her do a few social group interactions to bump her up to level 10, completing the LTW in 2 Sim-days, lol. Easiest LTW ever.

6. ashleighanne90
    Dazed

• 155/180

More picture spam for you folks (but I'm pretty sure this thread is for my own benefit and that I'm just talking to myself, lol, first sign of being crazy they say, oops).

With her big sister married with a baby of her own and moved out of the house, Lilac realizes she needs to do the same and fast. She's not getting any younger and she's the only one left to make sure the old family home stays in the family for another generation. She uses her handy SimFinder app to get set up with this guy named Nicklaus Johnson who, while handsome, has some questionable fashion taste.

I used twallan's Master Controller to give Nicklaus a new haircut and wardrobe. Much better. He and Lilac look fantastic on the dance floor at the Spring Festival and they get crowned Spring King and Queen.

Love Inspector approves of this adorable couple and Lilac and Nicklaus are pretty happy about that.

A romantic selfie to post on Simbook. :p

Meanwhile, over at the cemetery, Gracie and Stein are proving that true love never dies.

While their daughter dives headfirst into all the joys that love has to offer. ;)

Lily invited Lilac to a party at her house but when Lilac showed up, their former Aunt Angelica (Angelica was married to their uncle, Stein's brother, up until he died and then she remarried) dropped dead outside Lily's front door. Killer party...

That awkward moment when a relative dies at your party and her new husband is so upset, he turns into a werewolf... Well this party got really weird really fast...

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  7. ashleighanne90
    Dazed

• 155/180

Lilac tries to escape the craziness going on at the party by bonding with her little nephew, who is now a toddler. She spends the whole party playing with him before tucking him into bed, saying goodbye to her sister and heading home to hopefully put this bizarre night behind her.

Titania, the unicorn Gracie adopted a while back, is starting to get on in years and won't be able to have foals for much longer but luckily, a new male unicorn has appeared in Aurora Skies and with Lilac's high Charisma skill and her Animal Lover trait, she was able to bring him into the family and name him Oberon. Here's hoping Oberon and Titania get along well enough to produce a baby unicorn soon.

Lilac's been dating Nicklaus for a while now and she's pretty sure he's the one she wants to settle down with permanently.

So she asks him to marry her. He says yes. All is well.

Lilac throws a bachelorette party at the house since they have lots of space for dancing and a bar with a fully stocked fridge and a good stereo. Oh and a pool and hottub. Some sisterly horseplay ensues when Lilac decides to spray Lily with fizzy nectar after Lily's speech and toast.

The party don't start 'till Lily hits the floor... literally.

"Hey I heard there was a party going on, thought I'd swing by and check it out."

Go home, unicorn, you're drunk.

The big wedding day arrives and not only is it raining, but Lilac misses her ride to the venue, so she hops on her bicycle in her poofy dress and bikes all the way there in the pouring rain. Hey, a bride's gotta do what a bride's gotta do to make it to her wedding on time.

8. ashleighanne90
    Dazed

• 155/180

Lily is such a proud big sister at the wedding, she kept smiling with that gooey-eyed expression the entire time, awww!

Miraculously, the rain dissipates just before the ceremony starts and Lilac and Nicklaus get to say "I do" without incident. Now if that's not a sign that your marriage is meant to be, I don't know what is!

The cake cutting goes without a hitch and everyone at the wedding enjoys some of that delicious three-tier, rose-adorned wedding cake.

"It's my wedding and I'll drink if I want to!"

With the wedding over, it was time to go on a romantic honeymoon to Champs Les Sims, France, where Lilac and Nicklaus learn the fine art of nectar making... or in Nicklaus' case, the clumsy art of falling on your butt in a pile of fruit.

Lilac would rather stay nice and dry while tasting some finely aged ready-made nectar.

Of course, the newlyweds wouldn't forget about all the other culinary delicacies available in France. Nicklaus enjoys a baguette after a long day of nectar making.

And when the sun sets on the rolling hills of Champs Les Sims, the newlyweds retire to their bedroom for a different kind of honeymoon experience. ;)

9. ashleighanne90
    Dazed

• 155/180

"Adventure, you say? Tell me more about these tombs you speak of..."

And that's how Lilac ended up getting dragged into a musty old ancient tomb on her honeymoon, but she proved to be a pretty astute explorer, finding lots of valuable treasure while Nicklaus was busy clearing rubble.

Lilac looks for hidden doors in suspicious walls.

And does some grave robbing while she's at it. Um, is that even legal? We'll just avoid mentioning it if anyone asks. :p

Nicklaus figures out that moving stone carvings around onto plates in the floor can be useful for unlocking doors.

And he is handsomely rewarded for his efforts with a treasure chest filled with valuable goodies.

Lilac makes a great find while inspecting a hole in the wall. Maybe Nicklaus should do the same next time he sees one of those holes...

NEVERMIND! BAD IDEA! GET THEM OFF GET THEM OFF AHHHHHH!

10. ashleighanne90
    Dazed

• 155/180

With their adventure completed, it's back to being regular ol' tourists in the beautiful French countryside. Lilac makes friends with the locals and learns some local songs.

You can't go to France and NOT visit a cafe, it's just not allowed. Lilac enjoys a flavourful caffeinated brew.

Filled with the romantic vigour of French coffee, Lilac serenades her husband with a French ballad she learned earlier.

Well how can Nicklaus reject that? They share a beautiful dip kiss at sunset in the picturesque town square.

Fleurs pour une belle fille. :inlove:

When Lilac and Nicklaus return from France, they discover that they came back with an extra surprise! Lilac is pregnant with their first child.

But while he was in France, Nicklaus realized the call of adventure was too great for him to resist and that he had discovered his life's dream: to be a Great Explorer and fully explore six tombs in every foreign land. He simply had to go back and chase his dreams. Lilac would miss her husband during those long stretches of time when he was off exploring the world but she agreed that he should follow his dreams, on one condition: that he come home safe after all his adventures.

Nicklaus returns to France on his own and is tasked with getting inside the trap-laden Chateau du Landgraab. Now that's my kind of "Keep Out" sign. Where can I get fire jets for my front door?

Nicklaus discovers a back entrance and disarms the traps there to get inside. The chateau proves to be a nearly impenetrable labyrinth of traps and puzzles but Nicklaus knows what to look for (after being electrocuted enough times, he's learned to inspect the ground before he walks ahead).

11. ashleighanne90
    Dazed

• 155/180

Aha! Trap detected and successfully disarmed! Nicklaus is feeling pretty confident right now.

After exploring all that he could of Chateau du Landgraab, Nicklaus is sent into the basement of the local museum to investigate some eerie noises that have been sending the museum guards running in fear. Hm, this torch looks like a switch...

After a thorough exploration of the museum's underbelly, Nicklaus discovers the remains of the former curator who was trapped in here and perished. Looks like his ghost was haunting the place. Along with gathering the remains to lay to rest at the cemetery, Nicklaus finds some valuable relics inside a sarcophagus!

Alas, all adventures must come to an end and Nicklaus returns home to his pregnant wife after this one. Lilac's thrilled to see her husband home in one piece but Nicklaus' adventures are far from over and he's already booking his next trip abroad for more tomb exploration.

Since Nicklaus' LTW involves a heck of a lot of travelling, I guess that means I'll be playing World Adventures almost exclusively for a good long while which I'm pretty excited about because unlike most people, I love the RPG nature of that expansion. Exploring tombs is such a fun thrill!

• Like Like x 1
  12. WizardJeremy
    Energized

WizardJeremy Master Sorcerer and Life State Enthusiast Storyteller
    • 54/68

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires

this was amazing haha

• Thank you! Thank you! x 1
  13. Orangesimmer
    Very Inspired

Orangesimmer
    • 3/11

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Get Together

Love it more pretty please

14. Gilligan
    Bored

Gilligan
    • 1/11

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 City Living

I agree with the other commenters, Id love to see more of this group!

15. ashleighanne90
    Dazed

• 155/180

I'm not sure if I still have this file but I still like this family a lot so if I start playing Sims 3 again and this file is still intact, I'll definitely update. :) I don't write Sims stories anymore but this is more of a picture dump than a story.