The Homeless Author Challenge

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Mr.Ultraviolence, Feb 23, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
  1. Mr.Ultraviolence
    Fine

Mr.Ultraviolence A Certified Potato
    Storyteller

Coffee Enthusiast
    #1 Mr.Ultraviolence, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    Will your Sims be the next Top Homeless Author?
    Requires: Base Game
    Optional: Get To Work (for Retail) Get together (for Island)

Rules:
    -No more than 1 sim in the beginning of the challenge.

-Must be on a empty lot. size doesn't matter.

- Not able to go any lots one exception is the Library and Park.

-You must write 50 books+ in order to build a house, get married, or have a kid.

-Your not able to writes books unless your inspired. if your inspired moodlet runs
    out of time you have to stop writing the book until your inspired again.

-Your only able to write one book per day no exceptions.

-your not allowed to get a Job.

-Your able to garden for food.

-Your Not able to marry or be in a relationship with any sims until you reach 50+ books or more.

-No Cheats.

-No one is able to move in with you or move in with them until you reach 50+ or more.

-you must have the Best selling Author Aspiration.

-you are only able to use the computer at the Library until you are able to afford a computer (Table and Chair required as well)

-NO mods that will help you or cheat your way through the challenge.

Build Mode/Buy Mode
    - Your not able to buy anything until you reach the available simoleons to buy that Item

-No walls or Rooms until 50+ books or more

-No refrigerators or cooking appliances until 50+ books or more.

-you must set your simoleons to 0$ using cheat "testingcheats true" "sims.modifyfunds_funds 0 at the beginning of the challenge

The Ending
    you must have reach level 10+ in Writing and must have written 100 books. and must have 50,000 or more in the household savings. and also have completed the Bestselling Author Aspiration.

Get to work (optional): you must have a bookstore and must have all 100 books you wrote on sell.

Tips
    If you have get together I highly recommend you buy the empty island lot in Windenburg

have fun and I'm sure you will complete the challenge :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. NeptuneTakesOver
    Inspired

Ultimate Member

YouTuber/Sleeper
    I may do this for my channel. I'd shift somethings around, though, so I can create an awesome story out of it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. AgenteSimmer
    Fine

WOW!!! New Challenge!!!

• Thank you! Thank you! x 1
  4. Lori Smith
    Focused

Mastering Sim Control
    Have you play tested this challenge?

5. Mr.Ultraviolence
    Fine

Mr.Ultraviolence A Certified Potato
    Storyteller

Coffee Enthusiast
    I tested it before but I didn't use any rules since i didn't write any rules I want to see other simmers try it

• Thank you! Thank you! x 1
  6. TabbyJo

I don't know if I will get a reply or not, but how does one eat before they have money to buy stuff to plant? If we have to set the money to 0 as soon as we start and can not go to any other lot besides the library and the park and we have no money. Maybe I missed something.

7. TabbyJo

Nevermind, I figured it out, lol

8. Minseo
    Dazed

This seems neat! I do have a few questions. So.. you can buy anything other than a refrigerator and other "cooking appliances"? So like a bed, a bathroom... but no walls or rooms? Since there's no shower in parks or in a library, it's either we wash our hands to basically shower, or we buy a shower/tub. I also have a mod that can write books faster to save time. I'm guessing this is cheating? or is it allowed.. Sorry for the mouthful xD Thanks in advance!

9. Minseo
    Dazed

Oh wait, I don't have that mod, sorry.. Nvm then, but I still have other questions... :)