The Sims 4 Mod Constructor V3: Test Release + Discussion

Discussion in 'Modding Corner' started by Zerbu, Nov 20, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
  1. Zerbu
    Happy

Staff Member

#1 Zerbu, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    The new version of Mod Constructor is here in test form! With this new version, you no longer need to manage frustrating strings of references. You can now add features - such as occasional buffs, continuous loots and broadcasters - through simple controls that don't require you to move all over the place. If you want to get into greater detail, the Element Tree lets you customise the individual components that make up the mod.

In order to keep the download size down, the program only comes with a few icons. You can optionally download the rest of them.
    Remember, this is a test release! It doesn't have all the features the full version is planned to have, and there could very well be bugs I haven't spotted. If you find any, please report them, especially (but not limited to) if they effect exported mods. Also, be sure to thoroughly test any mods you export before publishing. Let me know if you find an issue that you think is the result of the program rather than something you did wrong.

I originally wasn't planning to release it this early, but since the recent Cats and Dogs patch broke custom traits, it was very important that there be a way to update them.

• Like x 4
    • Thank you! x 3
    • Useful x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. katsumifujoshi
    Festive

this is awesome i cant wait to try it out!!!! And ty for your work :)

3. Kai Chen
    Happy

Kai Chen Not taking custom mod requests.
    Staff Member

Interpreter
  4. DaviniaNaydi
    Inspired

Thank you so much for this tool !

5. Sopherra

I love this so much. Will you be putting in a way to import already made mods to be edited, or is it already there and I'm overlooking it?

6. heidi

Thank you with all my heart, I was lost without my features, you are brave and formidable.

7. Zerbu
    Happy

Staff Member

By request, "Loot on Addition" and "Loot on Removal" for buffs have returned from the old version.

I also added "Loot on Instance", which runs every time the Sim is loaded (such as when the game is loaded or when switching lots or bringing an inactive Sim to the current lot) and some new options for loot actions.

8. Kittumiki

Thank you sooo much! I never really understood how much I really needed custom traits until the update broke all of them. ^-^ You're a god among men, Zerbu!

9. KEEPINGUPWITHSB85

I just want my custom traits ive already downloaded to work in my cas, how is this possible with this mod??? I'm so lost..

10. charlesberg

Followed the pdf tutorial and even used the Gamer trait included, but no moodlets come up, ever, not sure what's going on there.

11. Yeidesëm

Hi. I'm a big fan of your mods. But the interface of this last constructor is complicated to use. Especially for people who do not know programming. I have tried four traits without success and do not see each other in the game. It remains as hidden. I hope you can solve it and try to make the interface more comfortable to use. Thank you very much for the effort. Sorry for my English :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. ZeroArcana
    Uncomfortable

Thanks for this! I'm trying to get a trait to basically stop emotions, but I'm not sure how to best go about doing that...

I think I can use Continuous Static Modifiers (set to -5) to constantly decrease emotions? And then use Skill And Statistic Modifiers (set to multiplier value 0) to stop them from increasing? ...

Thankfully, you've made it really easy to affect Needs and Skills!

13. ZeroArcana
    Uncomfortable

Apparently my edit was eaten. BUT, maybe it would be better to use Continuous Loots, testing for emotions and applying the hidden Fine mood buff?