The Sims 4 Mod Constructor V3: Test Release + Discussion

Discussion in 'Modding Corner' started by Zerbu, Nov 20, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
  1. rhames

Normally as each object in the game becomes dirty (its dirty commodity fills up) it gains a dirty buff (see the grungy surface and icky plumbing buffs for example). When enough of those contribute, the game kicks in its bad environment buff. If I was making your trait this is how I would do it: set up a proximity buff on the trait that activates whenever you're near one of the dirty object buffs. You would set up each dirty object as its own condition set (any apply to be valid). You'll have to play around with the test target setting so that the game is checking the nearby object question. You can find the dirty object buffs by searching in the handy buff database Zerbu has provided in the program or you can use Sims 4 Studio to extract the xml files and search for all of the yourself (SimsVip has excellent tutorials on xml modding including some for Zerbu's programs). It'll take some work and trial and error but you can do it. Also, I recommend using the game's existing bad environment buffs as opposed to making one of your own so that you don't end up stacking the same effect in certain circumstances.

Good luck!

2. BlackPiano

#22 BlackPiano, Feb 7, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    I have made traits to compliment my Harry potter world and I now have decided to recreate them since they only show in the "Add Trait" cheat box instead of in CAS. They still work, but it bugs me nonetheless.

I would like to add a feature that stops sims with a certain trait from ever being friendly or romantic with a sim that has an opposing trait...sort of similar to how the Good & Evil traits clash.

Also, thank you for these great mods!
    You're a superstar!!! Do you think you'll ever make a Mac version?

3. YankeesForever

How do we create aspirations and I believe my whims are not working for my trait?

4. Vidde

How awesome is this! The previous versions didn't completely work for me but so far this is working fine and is so much simpler to understand.

I am however missing being able to set other traits as incompatible with mine. I am assuming it's not because I just can't find it, but because this is a work in progress?

Really happy it exists at all though, thanks! <3