The Sims 4 Mod Constructor V3: Test Release + Discussion

Discussion in 'Modding Corner' started by Zerbu, Nov 20, 2017.

1. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
  1. rhames

rhames
    1/12

Normally as each object in the game becomes dirty (its dirty commodity fills up) it gains a dirty buff (see the grungy surface and icky plumbing buffs for example). When enough of those contribute, the game kicks in its bad environment buff. If I was making your trait this is how I would do it: set up a proximity buff on the trait that activates whenever you're near one of the dirty object buffs. You would set up each dirty object as its own condition set (any apply to be valid). You'll have to play around with the test target setting so that the game is checking the nearby object question. You can find the dirty object buffs by searching in the handy buff database Zerbu has provided in the program or you can use Sims 4 Studio to extract the xml files and search for all of the yourself (SimsVip has excellent tutorials on xml modding including some for Zerbu's programs). It'll take some work and trial and error but you can do it. Also, I recommend using the game's existing bad environment buffs as opposed to making one of your own so that you don't end up stacking the same effect in certain circumstances.

Good luck!

2. BlackPiano

BlackPiano
    1/12

#22 BlackPiano, Feb 7, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    I have made traits to compliment my Harry potter world and I now have decided to recreate them since they only show in the "Add Trait" cheat box instead of in CAS. They still work, but it bugs me nonetheless.

I would like to add a feature that stops sims with a certain trait from ever being friendly or romantic with a sim that has an opposing trait...sort of similar to how the Good & Evil traits clash.

Also, thank you for these great mods!
    You're a superstar!!! Do you think you'll ever make a Mac version?

3. YankeesForever

YankeesForever
    1/12

How do we create aspirations and I believe my whims are not working for my trait?

4. Vidde

Vidde
    1/12

How awesome is this! The previous versions didn't completely work for me but so far this is working fine and is so much simpler to understand.

I am however missing being able to set other traits as incompatible with mine. I am assuming it's not because I just can't find it, but because this is a work in progress?

Really happy it exists at all though, thanks! <3

5. dommiesgrl
    Inspired

dommiesgrl
    1/12

Thanks so much for this! I'm making a Sims mod for the first time, though I do have experience with other programming.

The main issue I've run into is setting subjects for test conditions. For my trait, I'm trying to create a negative buff which triggers when any other!Sim initiates a flirt interaction with trait!Sim when their relationship is anything less than friend. Under Running Interactions, there's not a lot to choose from in this area, but I also added the Interaction Lists for Romantic actions just to test and see if it would work. However, no matter what I assign as the subject (blank or otherwise), I receive an exception error: "ValueError: Trying to use SingleSimResolver with unsupported participant: ParticipantType.TargetSim"

And the buff, obviously, doesn't appear when romance actions are initiated. I can't say if it's a bug or if I'm just too noob to know better. (Probably the latter.)

I think mainly what I need is more documentation about these sorts of things. If there are some existing that anyone knows of, send them my way!

6. Ceiros

Ceiros
    1/12

Just wondering if there will ever be a function to have buffs trigger after COMPLETING an action? Like how if you lose a gaming competition, you get a sad buff; I'd like to be able to do like confidence after having completed modding or hacking, but being tense during the actual action. Is that even possible?

7. ParaByte

ParaByte
    1/12

I was wondering if there was anyway to trigger a random moodlet for an interaction. For instance, while playing games, one of two things could happen, a positive or negative moodlet, and have it random? Is that possible, and if so how?

And for certain interactions where you can either fail or succeed, ie. hacking, is there a way to have two different outcomes, one for succeeding and one for failing?

8. Vidde

Vidde
    1/12

It seams testing for human adult will not work. I created a few buffs in a trait with different proximity conditions. As soon as I add a test condition for Sim Info (target sim) with spieces HUMAN and ages YOUNG ADULT, ADULT and ELDER, test seems to come out negative. The sim being tested against is an adult and a doctor (that shouldn't matter, but who knows).

There is a checkbox "Require all participants" wich I am not really sure what it does, I uncheck it...

9. shaffy

shaffy
    1/12

How do I open an existing mod? It's in a .package file.

10. Isabel Francis

Isabel Francis
    1/12

As Jungle Adventure has just been released, I was wondering if there is anyway we can update the running interactions by putting the new ones into the mod constructor to make traits with them?

11. Mimikyu

Mimikyu
    1/12

I wanted to install this, but it's saying that I don't have the right .NET framework? I'm running Windows 8.1. And when I try to download it, it won't install because it says it's not compatible with the Windows I'm running. Is this just a lost cause, or..?

12. ts4tact

ts4tact
    1/12

Just curious, but is the Settings option, Experience level, and Create Resource selection part of the not-installed features with this test? I don't mean to rush or anything, I'm just trying to create an Aspiration and I've had no luck finding working programs to help me.

Thank you very much for the work you've put into this.

13. hayleysimsy
    Inspired

hayleysimsy
    1/12

I'm also wondering how to create aspirations with this? I don't see any options for it. I looked up a couple tutorials but they're all for v2.

14. Juliana Lucena

Juliana Lucena
    1/12

Thank you so much for this! I had Version 2 and was start trying my hand at creating custom traits and I think it will be easier now!

15. MssSigridLund

MssSigridLund
    6/12

One thing that annoys me with this program is that the individual files (when you open your new trait in S4Studio) has nonsensical names. The Sim Data files are all named "constructor" and not the filename of the tuning file that they belong to. Also the tuning files has the name of the trait and the random ID that constructor has given it. I think it would be much more useful if the filenames would be more meaningful. such as for instance TraitName_buff_mybuff_loot_myLoot and so on.

16. MssSigridLund

MssSigridLund
    6/12

Is it possible to make your own whims?

17. GoldenMagician
    Very Sad

GoldenMagician
    1/12

Hey there! I want to do one thing. Make sim, what have my trait and doing something creativity, and around at least 1 sim, he got embarrassed. I do here something, but looks like, its active forever, and i can't even delete this. Full guide plz D:

18. texxlady

texxlady
    1/12

I've been looking for a video tutorial for this program without any luck. Please please please someone make one. I know there's a PDF tutorial but it's much easier for me to learn "how to" by watching it done.

19. qlxqlx
    Focused

qlxqlx
    1/12

Zerbu, thank you so much for all the wonderful mods and programs you've made!

I was wondering whether you were planning on making a version of Mod Constructor that can run on mac? Or if anyone has recommendations of programs I can run that will let me run Mod Constructor inside them? I'm really excited to get into modding with this software.

20. Rotemm

Rotemm
    1/12

Will there be a mac version?