1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
    Dismiss Notice

The Unpleasantries of Pleasantview

Discussion in 'Sims Stories' started by SnarkyWitch, Apr 14, 2016.

1. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth Storyteller
    69/90

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Parenthood

I feel a bit cheap calling this a story. It really isn't, but I have somewhat of a story line going in Pleasantview right now with the premades and all their drama. I've been capturing it in little snippets and keeping them in my storybook and thought I'd share since I feel bad that I haven't been into updating any of my Sims 4 stories lately.

I'm playing rotationally with all the original premades and switching households at the beginning of every season. In addition to the 6 original households, I've also placed the Burbs and the Oldies in Pleasantview since the Oldies are Mary-Sue Pleasant's adoptive parents and Jennifer Burb is Daniel Pleasant's sister. They fit into the story well due to their family ties to the existing Sims in town.

Rotation Order
    1. Goth (Mortimer, Cassandra and Alexander)
    2. Lothario (Don)
    3. Caliente (Nina and Dina)
    4. Dreamer (Darren and Dirk)
    5. Pleasant (Mary-Sue, Daniel, Lillith and Angela)
    6. Oldie (Herb and Coral)
    7. Burb (Jennifer, John and Lucy)
    8. Broke (Brandi, Dustin and Beau)
    This is how the rotation will be for at least one cycle until Sims start getting married, moving out, going to university, etc etc, and basically start playing musical houses. In any rotation file I play, my biggest rule is that I am not allowed to move Sims into different households until their second round. It stops me from jumping into too much craziness all at once and allows me to enjoy the Sims' current existing situations more.

I give extensive makeovers to my Sims when I enter their house for the first round and sometimes I do some house edits but usually only if I think something is really hideous. For the most part, I leave houses as-is unless there's a need to make a significant change. I have lots of CC when it comes to makeup, hair and eyebrows, but not much at all in terms of objects and clothes, for any curious CC scouters.

AAAAAAAAAANNNNDDDDD stay tuned for a few pics of our first household, the Goths!

• Like Like x 1
  2. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

155/180

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Parenthood

The Goth Family (Round 1 - Fall)

Cassandra takes some time away from wedding planning to have dinner with her friend, Darren.

Darren: You look distracted. What's wrong, Cassie?
    Cass: I'm fine. Wedding planning is just stressful, that's all.
    Darren: You're not worried about what Don will think of us dining out together, are you?
    Cass: No, of course not. He knows we're just friends.

Darren: *raises glass* Well in that case... a toast to a happy marriage for you and Don.
    Cass: *smiles* Thanks Darren. You're a good friend. *raises glass* To a happy marriage. I hope...

Cassandra was too distracted by her own doubts that she didn't see the sadness in her friend's smile.

Alex: Ew, that Dina lady's here again...
    Cass: Be nice to her, Xander. She makes Dad happy. He hasn't been happy in a long time.
    Alex: Mom made him happy...
    Cass: *sighs* I know. I miss her, too, but she's gone. Dad can't be alone forever.

Maybe it would have been easier for the Goth children to get used to Dina's presence if they weren't forced to witness her heated makeout sessions with their father all over the house.

Thankfully, they didn't see what went on between the two of them upstairs in Mortimer's bedroom...

Alexander celebrates his birthday and enters the world of teenagers in great spirits due to his A+ report card. He has big plans for academic success at Smuggsworth Academy and decides to make knowledge the main focus of his life.

Alex: Cassie, do you really have to marry that jerk? It's not too late to call off the wedding.
    Cass: Xander! Stop it! I'm so tired of everyone trying to talk me out of this! Is Darren the only person who's actually happy for me?
    Alex: If everyone's trying to talk you out of it, it's because there's a good reason.
    Cass: He's changed, Xander.
    Alex: So he says...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Iron Seagull
    Fine

Iron Seagull Premium Member
    69/90

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living

I'm liking it so far! <3

• Thank you! Thank you! x 1
  4. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

155/180

The Goth Family (Round 1 - Fall)

Cass:
    Thanks so much for going wedding dress shopping with me, Mary-Sue. I know how busy your work schedule is.
    Mary-Sue: Of course! I'm your maid of honour, I had to make time to help you pick out the perfect dress, it's my duty. What style are you looking for?
    Cass: I was thinking something traditional and elegant but eye-catching. Something my mother would have liked...
    Mary-Sue: *sympathetic smile* I'm sure you'll look just like her in anything you wear, Cassie.

Cass: I don't know about this one. Too many bows... but I like the embroidery. Mary-Sue? Mary-Sue?
    Mary-Sue: Hm? Oh... sorry, I zoned out. I agree. Too many bows. Try something else.
    Cass: *frowns* Are things okay at home? You and Daniel-
    Mary-Sue: We're fine. *says a little too quickly* Everything's fine.
    Cass: ... Alright....

Cassandra tried on just about every dress in the store but nothing felt quite right to her. She almost gave up her search but Mary-Sue insisted her friend try on a dress Cassandra had overlooked on the rack. She reluctantly took it into the change room with her.

Cass: Remind me to always listen to you from now on. This is gorgeous. The fitted lace is the elegance I want and the splash of red... it reminds me of Mom. I can almost hear her telling me this is the one I need to wear.
    Mary-Sue: So that's a yes to the dress, then?
    Cass: *laughs* A big yes!

Cassandra was spending so much time with her friends planning her wedding that she hardly saw the person she was supposed to be marrying lately. Don proposed they fix that by going on a date but at dinner, Cassandra noticed her fiance paying too much attention to his phone.

Cass: Who's that? If it's not urgent, can you tell them you're busy?
    Don: *rolls his eyes* It's not another girl if that's what you're trying to get at, Cassie. When are you going to start trusting me more than the gossip?
    Cass: I do trust you. I love you. It's everyone else that's questioning you, Don. I'm the one defending you.
    Don: I'm not marrying everyone else. I'm marrying you. I want my wife to trust me. I don't care about everyone else.

Cassandra realised her family and friends' warnings were getting to her after all and that wasn't fair to Don.

Cass: I'm sorry. You're right. It just gets hard when all the people you care about aren't happy for you...
    Don: I know. *takes her hand* I have a bad reputation. I've made some stupid decisions in my past, I admit that and now I have to pay for it. I wish you didn't have to pay for it, too. I'll tell this person to get back to me later, okay? *pulls out his phone*

Can't talk now. Cassie's suspicious. Your place tonight. Wear that lingerie I like. You know the one. ;)

The date ended on a high note with Cassandra giggling. She'd forgotten all about the person Don was talking to.

Cass: We need to hang this up in our house after the wedding. I love these pictures.
    Don: We can hang up whatever you like. The place will need a woman's touch. I know you hate my bachelor pad.
    Cass: It'd be nice if you cleaned it once in a while. *lightly teases* Come back to my house tonight. I miss you. I don't think my dad or my brother will bother us.

Don: This was a good idea. We haven't done this in a while.
    Cass: I know. Things have been so busy. Job hunting while wedding planning... *sighs* I really want to be a teacher, not a scientist like my dad. That's Xander's interest. I love kids. I want to educate them.
    Don: And make them? *raises an eyebrow with a smirk*
    Cass: *laughs* Well... that, too...

• Like Like x 1
  5. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

155/180

The Goths (Round 1 - Fall)

The baby talk led to some much-needed intimacy between the engaged couple.

Cass: *mortified when she sneaks downstairs in her lingerie and runs into her family* Oh! Xander! I uh... I thought you were still at your chess tournament... Wasn't dad supposed to watch you play? I am going to die of embarrassment...
    Alex: *unamused look* We came home early. My last opponent got food poisoning and had to drop out of the competition. I guess you and Don were busy, though.

Mort: Goodness... I need another espresso... *shakes his head and goes into the kitchen*

Mort: Or a dozen... *mutters, downing a second espresso*

Trying to break the awkwardness, Cassandra suggested Alexander show Don how to play chess. Neither Alexander or Don looked thrilled about this suggestion.

Don: Wait, why can the horse only move in an L shape?
    Alex: It's the knight. Those are the rules of chess.
    Don: This game doesn't make any sense...
    Alex: I imagine a lot of things don't make sense to you, Mr. Lothario... *mutters darkly under his breath*

• Like Like x 1
  6. Iron Seagull
    Fine

Iron Seagull Premium Member
    69/90

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living

Great chapters! I love it :D

• Thank you! Thank you! x 1
  7. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

155/180

LOL thank you! It feels good to know that my boyfriend will always be my #1 fan no matter what. :hearts:

• Like Like x 1
  8. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

155/180

UGH I'm so irritated. I went into my game to start playing this little storyline again only to discover that my entire game somehow got wiped clean. Completely reset. My custom worlds I spent MONTHS building from scratch, all gone. All the Sims and lots I had saved are gone. My entire Downloads folder was gone. It's like I just installed the game for the first time.

I need to figure out how to back up everything for The Sims 2 and when I do, I'm going to write an article on SC about how to do that because I'd like to save other people the devastation I'm feeling right now.