1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on The Sims Mobile?

Discussion in 'The Sims Mobile' started by Nomiko13, May 9, 2017.

1. Nomiko13
    Very Playful

Nomiko13 Premium Member
    • 54/68

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff

I think it looks amazing!

• Thank you! Thank you! x 1
  2. HeyK21

HeyK21
    • 8/11

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 City Living

Looks amazing I agree *_*

• Like Like x 1
  3. jovjovan
    Inspired

jovjovan Founder Staff Member
    • 145/180

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff

(I moved the thread to the newly-created The Sims Mobile category)

I think it looks great and the graphics are pretty decent for a mobile game. Hopefully they don't make it too much dependable on microtransactions :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. gamerita19
    Happy

gamerita19
    • 3/11

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Dine Out

It really does look amazing! I'm really excited for this! Now I can sate my Sims addiction everywhere I go. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  5. ADHI
    Dazed

ADHI
    • 9/11

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work

It's slightly better The Sims Freeplay. I still don't like it tho.

If there is something you want to see, I can take screenshots. Just tell me.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jadenfire
    Very Happy

Jadenfire
    • 44/45

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 City Living

Online locked, Freemium, with realtime I don't care what they say it's exactly like Sims Freeplay !!
    I would gladly pay for a offline new version but nope they want it online locked I kinda hope it bombs ..
    Well my money will go to completing my sims 4 collection ..
    Looks great but if it's WiFi locked I don't support nor do I care ..

7. Nomiko13
    Very Playful

Nomiko13 Premium Member
    • 54/68

Thank you :) And darn, I just got into Freeplay too and think it's alright but they make it super difficult to complete quests without having to spend money.

And sorry @jovjovan for the trouble~

8. Zeusmomo
    Flirty

Zeusmomo
    • 28/45

Did we really need this? NO WE DON'T. WE NEED IMPROVEMENT IN THE GAME.

9. Kai Chen
    Happy

Kai Chen Not taking custom mod requests. Staff Member
    • 180/225

Not really a Sims game. There's little sandbox and a lot of scripted game play.

Plus, real time? What's this? Tamagochi?

10. Jadenfire
    Very Happy

Jadenfire
    • 44/45

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 City Living

Ok after grabbing the IPA & Self signing it, playing it for a few days ..
    I actually like it ..
    I hate the wifi lock & would even pay to play offline ..
    I like the feel it seems more Sim kinda like the Sims Freeplay but many actions are quicker ..
    While I hate the idea of timers x.x flipping 6 REAL hours to sleep ..
    Not real time my butt ... they are technically just copying Sims Freeplay on some things..Looks better plays kinda better sadly I think I'd keep both, least Sims Freeplay has many multi story houses, many place to go bigger world, more items... this has one house ....little places to go .. less items ...but better graphics.. I don't know it's a mixed bag of good & bad ..
    In the end I am deciding to keep both Sims games but hope a true premium sims game comes out..

There's one upside I wouldn't mind starting this Sims Mobile over if I had to where as if that happened with Sims Freeplay I would not be happy to start over unless they made it offline playable!

11. Dkappa91

Dkappa91
    • 6/11

Sims 4 Base Game

I cant wait to play it Im super excited

12. ashleighanne90
    Dazed

ashleighanne90 Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth Storyteller
    • 155/180

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires

Love it! I used to be addicted to FreePlay but they ruined it with way too many premium currencies like adding VIP points and all this garbage. Everything takes way too long. I'm sorry but I don't want to wait around for 24 hours for my Sim to bake a freaking birthday cake, ugh. It was such a greedy money grab and then they made it even worse as time went on. Plus the Sims looked terrifying, they didn't just slip into the uncanny valley, they dive bombed into its deepest darkest depths, my god...

I'm loving The Sims Mobile. Most actions only take a few seconds to a few minutes to complete, except sleeping. That takes either 1 hour or 6 hours depending on how long you choose for them to sleep. I don't mind waiting an hour for energy to refill, that's pretty decent for a mobile game with microtransactions, and I like the 6 hour option so I can send my Sims to sleep before I go to bed and they'll be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed when I wake up.

The graphics are sooooo much better than FreePlay, thank goodness Sims 4 went with a Pixar kind of look because it suits this mobile version really nicely, too. CAS is not nearly as good as the PC version but still amazing by mobile game standards, so it gets a thumbs up from me in that department. My simself actually looks quite a bit like me.

I don't mind things being locked. This is a free mobile game so it's meant to be enjoyed over a long period of time. If I could unlock everything right away and go full-on sandbox immediately, I'd be bored in a couple days and uninstall the game. For example, right now I'm trying to get to level 11 so I can get my simself married which is one of her life goals. I wouldn't feel as accomplished about that if I could just go ahead and get her married right now. As someone who actually likes mobile gaming for the most part and has a lot of experience playing them, this is quite well-balanced and thought out. I think most of the criticism comes from people who don't like mobile games in general or just don't play enough mobile games to be familiar with how they work, so they get frustrated when it's not exactly like the PC version they already know and just quit.

All good things aside, there are a few things that I really don't like, mainly the fact that everything requires energy. This *is* normal for a mobile game and replenishing your energy is much faster and easier than in most other energy-based mobile games but it just seems really silly that standing around talking to people makes your Sim tired (and hungry for some reason). You should only lose energy from doing physical activities and going to work.

Other than that, I'd say the game feels a bit bare-bones right now but honestly, FreePlay was pretty simplistic when it first launched, too, and then they added more content over time in free updates so I'm sure we'll see the same thing with this game when it's officially available everywhere. I'm not too concerned about that right now.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ashleighanne90
    Dazed

• 155/180

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires

Sorry for the double post but some people wanted to see screenshots of significant things. I just reached level 11 which allowed my Sims to get engaged. As soon as my Sims got engaged, it unlocked my first quest. :heart:

There doesn't appear to be a time limit on the quest? Although since Sims do age naturally on their own, I imagine they could grow old and die if you dragged your feet for weeks or something like that.

UPDATE: My Sims are married and I started poking around to see how to open up the option for babies. WooHooing in a double bed didn't trigger anything so I started poking around the Build.Buy menu since that usually gives pretty good clues as to when certain things unlock. I can't buy a baby bassinet or a kid bed until I hit level 12, so I assume that's when the option to have children will open up. I'm at level 11 right now so I'll update when I hit level 12.

Last edited: May 23, 2017 at 11:12 PM
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. OGsimmer
    Dazed

OGsimmer
    • 1/11

I agree I was very much hoping there would be an offline option, I very much dislike the sims free play and would love to see a more expanded+updated "the sims 3 ambitions" app. That one was offline so I enjoyed it a lot more

15. OGsimmer
    Dazed

OGsimmer
    • 1/11

Is this game out? How are people playing it :)

16. ashleighanne90
    Dazed

• 155/180

It's only available in Brazil right now. Brazilians can play it but others have sideloaded an .apk or .ipa file onto their phones in order to play early.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ashleighanne90
    Dazed

• 155/180

I said I'd update when I hit level 12 and I was right; reaching level 12 immediately triggers the baby quest. The baby quest is to buy the bassinet (which unlocks at level 12) then either adopt or have a biological child with your partner.

You have a child by tapping on the bassinet. The options are "Have a baby with...", "Adopt a Girl" and "Adopt a Boy." I assume if you're married to the same gender, only the adoption options would show up but I'm married to the opposite gender so I don't know for sure. Having a baby naturally seems to give a random gender.

I chose to adopt a girl. She appeared in the bassinet after a short one minute action. Her bassinet also showed up in the family portrait on the wall but interestingly, she doesn't take up a third spot in the house.

If I can have another child, I'll have a natural birth to see if there's some kind of pregnancy period or birth sequence.

18. Kai Chen
    Happy

Kai Chen Not taking custom mod requests. Staff Member
    • 180/225

Wow. So the game tells you what to do and when?

19. ashleighanne90
    Dazed

• 155/180

Yeah it's a pretty standard mobile game. There's levels and quests to complete, though so far, I've only seen quests to get married and have kids. The game prompts you to get a job and start a hobby but I haven't seen anything that forces you to do so after the basic tutorial. I've just been working on careers because I want to. Promotions get you some nifty items for both the workplace and your home. The workplace rewards help you do your job better and the home rewards add new interactions and provide XP boosts.

I think the thing that's turning so many people off is that your starting Sims have next to nothing. Everything is locked behind levels and career/hobby progression but the object of the game is essentially a legacy challenge. The idea is to work hard to unlock new and better content in the earlier generations so future generations will be able to enjoy a more prosperous life. All the rewards get passed down as family heirlooms which is totally up my alley.

I'm loving it so far. My daughter should be growing into a toddler sometime today and I can't wait to see what the toddlers are like. :) I'll see about having a second baby naturally just so I can see if it's any different from adopting.

20. Miker2209
    Very Flirty

Miker2209 Lust For Lifeā™„ Supreme Member
    • 140/180

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vampires

Not really a fan, I would play it if it wasn't a waiting game and if it was more of a sandbox game.
    But yeah for people who don't have the sims 4 it's the closest you get but as a pc sims player I don't think it will satisfy me