1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on The Sims Mobile?

Discussion in 'The Sims Mobile' started by Nomiko13, May 9, 2017.

1. Nomiko13
    Dazed

Nomiko13 Ultimate Member
    24/45

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff, Sims 4 Parenthood, Sims 4 Fitness Stuff

I understand as a primary PC sims player as well. I think mobile sims games are fine to play to pass time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Simarvellous
    Dazed

Simarvellous Ultimate Member
    74/90

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff, Sims 4 Parenthood, Sims 4 Fitness Stuff

Haven't played it, is it any good? <3

3. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth Storyteller
    155/180

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Parenthood, Sims 4 Fitness Stuff

It's only out in Brazil right now but others are playing it by sideloading an .apk or .ipa file on their phones. I've been playing it for a few days now and I'm in love with it. It's the perfect pocket-sized version of The Sims 4 I can carry around with me. It does function like a typical mobile game, so there are microtransactions, levels, energy limits, and goals you must complete to unlock things so if you don't like mobile games, you probably won't like this one either, but it's a major improvement on FreePlay in every way. There's no more ridiculous waiting times, like 24 hours for a baby to be born or to bake a birthday cake. Almost every action is a few seconds to a couple minutes long and you can fully restore your energy by sleeping for an hour. An hour to refill my energy is the longest I've had to wait for anything so far and I'm at level 13.

4. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth Storyteller
    155/180

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Parenthood, Sims 4 Fitness Stuff

More double posting, sorry! But I have more info about the game. I'm level 14.

My oldest child is a child now and my youngest is a toddler. The aging of the kids is not restricted by level or locked behind goals/quests. All Sims age naturally over time just like in the PC game, except since this is in real time, the Sims age over a period of real days. The age spans seem to be:

Baby - 1 day
    Toddler - 1 day
    Child - 2 days
    Young Adult - 4 days
    Adult - 4 days
    Elder - ???

As you can see, the teen stage is skipped completely. When I tap my oldest in the family portrait, it says she ages up to a young adult in 2 days but she's a child right now so I'm guessing teens aren't in the game. That made me LOL so hard. The Sims 4 had no toddlers when it came out and now The Sims Mobile has no teens. Oh cruel parallels! I expect we'll probably see them make a comeback at some point in an update.

As for elders, I don't have any in my household yet so I don't know exactly how long they live. Might be random, approximated, or they might die after a set number of days, I'll have to wait and see.

In the family portrait, children have a progress bar called Childhood Happiness. Tapping that bar brings up a text blurb explaining that having parents interact with children raises their Childhood Happiness, but I think it's glitched. No matter how often my Sims interact with their children, the Childhood Happiness bar never fills. I'm not sure if Childhood Happiness affects the way children grow up and there's no way for me to find out since I can't seem to fill the bar. I sent in a bug report about it. I figure if I'm going to sideload the game to play early, I should at least use my sneaky ways for good and help them work out all the bugs before the worldwide release. I realise this is kind of a beta version we're playing right now so I'm not letting myself get too upset about glitches. I'm just rolling with things and enjoying the general experience.

One other important thing to note (and this is a weird one, guys) is that there are four slots for Sims in your household but having children doesn't automatically fill up a household slot. The kids are basically NPCs until they become young adults, at which point you can add them to the household if you have a free slot and control them like a normal Sim. While this may seem ridiculous, this is kind of neat in a way because your Sims could potentially have as many children as you want them to have, you'd just have to pick your two favourites to make playable.

5. Opal Octavia
    Playful

Opal Octavia
    24/45

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff, Sims 4 Parenthood

I really really hope it isn't as constricting as Sims Freeplay.. I'm really looking forward to it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1