1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
    Dismiss Notice

Trailer Park Teens Challenge

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by rialrees, Aug 5, 2015.

1. rialrees

rialrees Premium Member
    • 69/72

Hi there! I've been playing the Sims for some time and am in love with all kinds of challenges, but I've never thought of one of my own, until now. I've seen a few trailer park themed ideas around the web but not really found a challenge exactly like this one.

The idea for making a trailer park challenge came about after trying to build an interesting lot for roomies to have their own spaces (a little easier to do now with the door locking, though it's a bit tricky to let visitors in!). I had an image in my head of a bunch of teenagers trying to survive and thrive in a close community, and this is where I ended up! So let's get down to it :)

The Rules
    The Household:
    1. Open up CAS and make yourself an elder. The elder can be either sex and look however you want - but bear in mind that they won't be with you for too long in this challenge, so don't get too attached!
    2. Add four teenagers - again they can look, walk and sound however you want.
    3. Load up Create a Random Sim on the web and generate an aspiration and traits for your elder. Now deselect the results and generate again from the remaining options for your first teen. Deselect those and repeat until all your sims have distinct personalities and aspirations. Nobody should share any traits or goals - everyone should be unique.
    4. Save your household and head into their new neighbourhood!
    The Lot:

1. Select any 20x30 or 30x20 lot and bulldoze it. You're about to build your trailer park - you have a budget of 27,000 simoleons.
    2. Build five individual trailers, all must be the same size and must be separated from each other, but there are no limits to how small you make your trailers. I wouldn't advise making them too large as you'll want some communal space around them, but this choice is yours.
    3. Each trailer must only contain:
      - 1 Toilet
      - 1 Sink
      - 1 Bath / Shower
      - 1 Single Bed
      - 1 Sofa
      - 1 Outdoor Bin per trailer
    4. Each Trailer:
      -
      Must be raised from the floor via foundations (because... trailer) and have an entry porch with stairs
      - Must only have one main door to enter
      - May use as many windows as you like
    5. The Communal Space around the trailers:
      -
      Should have a grill and tables to enable your sims to eat
      - Should have something to give your sims fun - You may choose from: Stereo, Bookcase, Gaming Table, Chess Table, or any fun-giving item which is not a skill building item (apart from the items listed. So a chess table would be fine, a guitar, not so much.)
      - Apart from skill building, you have free reign for the time being - decorate your lot however you like, so long as you stay in budget.
    If you need some help with visualising what this lot might look like, take a look at my build video:

Getting Started

1. Move your sims into the lot if you haven't already - they should have more than 1,000 simoleons available to them. Well the admin work involved in this foster project isn't free, so that won't happen for long. Turn testing cheats on, and use the money $$$$ cheat to give your household exactly 1,000 simoleons. Goodbye admin charges!
    2. Make sure your game is paused, and select the sims one-by-one, locking the door to each trailer so that they can only access their own. Select each teen and assign them with a job - they must all have different careers, and you may not change their job until they age up, so choose wisely.
    3. As soon as you unpause you will be limited in which sims you can control, so get ready. The elder sim can be controlled only when they are the only sim left on the lot (IE when all the teens are at school together) - you may use them to clean the communal area, but they will never be allowed into the teen's trailers.
    4. Starting your game, you will be allowed to control ONE TEEN for 24 hours. When the clock strikes 12, you will switch control to the next teen, and so on, playing them in rotation. You may click on other teens to see what they are doing, but you may not control them or change anything in their inventory until it is their turn. Someone else pick up your teen's homework? You'll have to buy them another one / wait to get it back!
    Stage One: Teenage Years

Stage one lasts until your original teens age up. During this stage you will be focusing on keeping them in school, and keeping money flowing into the household. Mama / Papa Trailer Park (Your elder) may be charitable in offering them a home, but they ain't staying for free! They must each work and help to pay the bills - and a fair share of their money will be given back to Mama / Papa each week too - so they need to get to work!

The tricky part here, of course, is that you can only control one of them at a time - so if one teen misses a day at school or sleeps through their alarm.... There's not much you can do about it except grit your teeth and carry on!

Stage One Gameplay:

At the end of each schoolday, pause the game and check each teen's grade. They all start at Grade C. If any sim drops a grade at any time, they will be locked out of their trailer until you control them again. This could mean anything from 12 - 36 hours of no bed allowed! Mama / Papa is a very strict mentor!

All teens will need to keep their grades up and keep their jobs in order to pay Mama / Papa. When you gain control of a teen, it may be wise to use up a vacation day to tend to their needs and build their skills or do catch up work for school as needed.

Stage One ends when the teens age up to Young Adult.

Building Throughout Stage One:

Play through your first week, managing your time as well as you can, and when the bills arrive on Monday, pause your game. Every Monday is a build day, and this is how it will go:

- Pay Your Bills
    - From the remaining funds, spend 50% on the elder's trailer. They are running the joint, so they get the perks. Buy whatever you want - treat the inside of each trailer as an individual house.
    - From the remaining funds, you can do whatever you like. Spend it all on the communal area (restrictions on skill items still apply) Spread it between the teens, or spend it on the teen with the best grades - whatever you decide.

Continue playing until....

Stage Two - Moving on

More details coming very soon!

- I'm still developing this challenge, so I'd really appreciate and input you guys may have for changes and improvements to the rules!

I've already posted a build video to my Youtube Page, and I'll be starting a Let's Play very soon, too! I'll add updates here, but in the meantime you can find more on my blog at: http://gamingwithria.com/tag/trailer-park/

• Like Like x 10
    • Thank you! Thank you! x 2
  2. Purple_Simmer

Purple_Simmer Premium Member
    • 63/72

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day

This is so different of any challenge ive seen. Im really interested might have to check this out.
    Great job so far.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Carly's World
    Happy

Carly's World
    • 23/45

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff

I love this idea! I don't like elders because I'm afraid of them dying! I want to try it with an adult, is that okay?

• Like Like x 2
  4. JessiSims114
    Energized

JessiSims114 YouTuber Staff Member
    • 68/90

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff

This is great!! I've been looking for a challenge like this! Good job :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Glittersparkx

Glittersparkx
    • 3/9

Wow i will have to play this challenge!! It sounds great

• Like Like x 2
  6. jasminelove

jasminelove Premium Member
    • 68/90

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff

I'm really into this! This challenge is right up my alley :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. alulllaby
    Very Sad

alulllaby Pentaholic Platinum Member
    • 118/135

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together

I might try this once I get everything going again~

• Like Like x 2
  8. rialrees

rialrees Premium Member
    • 69/72

Awww thanks so much everyone :)

Of course you can - just bear in mind that at some point, the elder/adult's trailer will be inherited by one of the teens, so if you don't want to hang about too long with that, it may be worth gritting your teeth and writing their will!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Carly's World
    Happy

Carly's World
    • 23/45

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff

I just hate Grim! With like a burning passion!

• Like Like x 2
  10. rialrees

rialrees Premium Member
    • 69/72

Haha I feel ya. Maybe you could do an adapted version with aging off, or just go with the adult / teens idea :) interesting to see if it changes the dynamic!

• Like Like x 1
  11. rialrees

rialrees Premium Member
    • 69/72

Huh, could have sworn I'd put my build vid into the original post! Apparently not. For anyone still confused about how this layout would go down, a build example is below (sorry the audio cuts at the end, I rendered and dont have my original recording now so i couldn't go back and redo it!!)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Carly's World
    Happy

Carly's World
    • 23/45

I might try it with just 4 teens! :)
    Because I want to see how the dynamic changes

• Like Like x 2
  13. G3n3qu1s
    Bored

G3n3qu1s Crazy Lady Here Storyteller
    • 135/180

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 City Living

Awesome

• Like Like x 2
  14. rialrees

rialrees Premium Member
    • 69/72

going to start recording my lets play (starting again lol) over the weekend and upload to my channel to help people understand it and see how it plays out officially. thanks so much for all your positivity guys, I've never done anything like this before so it's awesome to see people as into it as I am :D

• Like Like x 3
  15. Carly's World
    Happy

Carly's World
    • 23/45

• Like Like x 2
  16. FilipeAmaral
    Flirty

FilipeAmaral Creator
    • 115/135

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Vampires

Wow, really cool and different! Thanks! :D

• Like Like x 2
  17. rialrees

rialrees Premium Member
    • 69/72

Thank you! I really want to get started on a Let's Play of this soon, time just hasn't allowed it lately! Will update for sure if I ever get it online lol

• Like Like x 2
  18. MeaganJo
    Very Happy

MeaganJo Builder Platinum Member
    • 139/180

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff

This is the second challenge that has indeed intrigued me. :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. The Caffeinated Simmer
    Fine

The Caffeinated Simmer
    • 13/23

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff

Have you finished stage two? I'm interested in trying this!

20. denlawz

denlawz
    • 3/11

Sims 4 Base Game

Great challenge!! I wanna try.
    How do you lock the doors? Is it an update?