1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
    Dismiss Notice

Uploading your own Resources

Discussion in 'SC Social News & Updates' started by jovjovan, Jan 19, 2016.

1. jovjovan
    Very Happy

jovjovan Founder Staff Member
    2/12

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff, Sims 4 Parenthood, Sims 4 Fitness Stuff

With the announcement of the Creator Membership, it's time to teach you some basic things when it comes to uploading your own Sims Resources:

You start off by pressing the Add Resource in the Resource section of SC Social. For this short tutorial I selected the Mods Category.

[​IMG]
    You'll be greeted with a Resource uploader screen where you can upload your resource and enter all the important details about it.

First off, write the Title of your Resource, write down it's version and provide a Tag Line which is useful for users who are browsing through all sorts of Resources.

Then, it's time to upload your Resource. Here's the list of supported file extensions:
    • package
    • zip
    • txt
    • pdf
    • png
    • jpg
    • jpeg
    • jpe
    • gif
    • psd
    • tif
    • rar
    Then, write down the last version of The Sims 4 that supports you Mod. Select the Packs that your Resource may require and you're finished with the first part.

[​IMG]
    In the Description section try to write down all the details possible about your Resource and don't forget to provide install instructions in case they're different than the usual copy-paste in The Sims 4 Mods folder method.

Then, you have 2 URL fields: one is where you store your additional information and the second one is where you will provide support and Q&A's about your Mod. This is a great way to promote your own website!

All that's left is to tick the ''upload Resource Icon'' which you'll be prompted after submitting the mod and then adding additional images which will visually describe your Mod. After you're done, press Save and your Mod is ready!

[​IMG]
    If you have any questions about Resources, feel free to post them down below!

Happy Simming!

• Like Like x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth Storyteller
    155/180

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Parenthood, Sims 4 Fitness Stuff, Sims 4 Toddler Stuff

Just wondering what the max file size is for resources? I can't upload my resource because it tells me the file size is too large.

I recoloured all the child hairstyles in the game to add the five unnatural swatches that are available for adults so it is quite a large resource. At first, I tried uploading all of them in a .zip file but that was too large, so I decided to do different "editions" of the resource, one with base game hair, one for stuff packs, one for game packs and one for expansions. I tried zipping up just the base game hair and uploading that but that was also too large. I'd love to host my resources here, SCS is by far my favourite online Sims hangout, so I hope there's a way to get around this. Thanks! :)

3. jovjovan
    Very Happy

jovjovan Founder Staff Member
    145/180

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff, Sims 4 Parenthood, Sims 4 Fitness Stuff

The maximum size is 10MB for now :)

4. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth Storyteller
    155/180

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Parenthood, Sims 4 Fitness Stuff, Sims 4 Toddler Stuff

Thanks! That helps so much! I've managed to split up the resources into parts that comply with the file size limit. :)

5. Lindz

Lindz
    2/12

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff, Sims 4 Parenthood

I just wish I could learn how to extract the Game Icons? I would like them like in the game but to use as your own and for projects.