1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
    Dismiss Notice

What happened?!

Discussion in 'The Sims FreePlay' started by SnarkyWitch, Dec 17, 2015.

1. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth Storyteller
    24/45

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Parenthood, Sims 4 Fitness Stuff

So I fell out of FreePlay for a long time but I love my Sims I have in the game, I missed them a lot. I started the game up again and installed all the updates only to be sorely disappointed when I logged in.

What are these VIP Points?! You can only get VIP Points by buying store bundles?! And you can only get certain really nice items with VIP Points?! Weren't social points, lifestyle points and orbs enough?! Why do we need FOUR different types of premium currency? That's utterly ridiculous, even for a freemium mobile game, that is insane!

Now I can't even enjoy the game at all, it's free to play but not free to have fun anymore, apparently and I'm so depressed because I spent months and months carefully cultivating all my Sims, growing their families, building up the town and making nice houses for them. Sims FreePlay was my little Garden of Eden I could carry around in my pocket and now I'm not allowed to enjoy it anymore unless I cough up lots of money? It can hardly even be considered a free-to-play game anymore, honestly.

I am probably more upset over this than I should be, considering it's a freemium mobile game and most Simmers don't even care about FreePlay anyway but I feel like these Sims I spent months falling in love with have been tied up and held for ransom by EA.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Tatiana
    Very Sad

Tatiana Procrastinator Extraordinaire Staff Member
    200/225

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff

I used to play a long time ago, back when they added the ski stuff. Remember? It was so awesome, I had so many LPs! Then I took a long break because I discovered PC Sims. I tried to go back and everything had changed. My tons of LPs were worthless! I deleted the app and will never look back.

BAH!

I read that you have to PAY so your Sims don't age up and die. SAAAY WHAAAT?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. jovjovan
    Very Happy

jovjovan Founder Staff Member
    145/180

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff, Sims 4 Parenthood, Sims 4 Fitness Stuff

I just discovered recently about these VIP points - IT'S ABSURD! The whole meaning of FreePlay is gone...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ALotLikeWords
    Focused

ALotLikeWords Illustrator & Nerdzilla Supreme Member
    119/135

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living

That's incredibly frustrating. I stopped playing much further back because im stingy about money when it comes to mobile games and i generally need to not let my phone become a huge time sink (i should have learned my lesson with Pixel People), but i too would be upset too

hopefully the cool parts come into sims 4 (and the microtransactions stay far far away)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ravenleijn
    Happy

Ravenleijn
    14/23

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff

I am playing this as well but only when I am truly bored. I hate it that they put in these vip points.
    It's kinda like the new quest they opened up, I can't even start it as it keeps saying that my simmies are to busy, yet there not doing anything.
    I am annoyed with it but can't really fuss about it since it is just a free game (sort of any way).

6. JasonRMJ
    Very Inspired

JasonRMJ
    14/23

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff

you know you could just create your sims back in The sims 4? it's a lot productive, I'd played Sims Freeplay before and what ticks me off is the time to finish quests and interactions....

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tatiana
    Very Sad

Tatiana Procrastinator Extraordinaire Staff Member
    200/225

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff

Sims free play has 3 to 4 times the content of TS4. They have pets and toddlers, they have things never seen in any PC Sims game. I think it would just make me sad trying to recreate any of my SFP Sims in TS4 because of how lacking TS4 would seem in comparison.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Opal Octavia
    Playful

Opal Octavia
    24/45

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff, Sims 4 Parenthood

I agree, mobile games are pure robbery! The Sims Freeplay I just can't play, mostly because the graphics are just awful and because of the premium currency it's almost impossible to play unless you spend money on it.. which I'm not about to do when I have the awesome version on my laptop?? It's a fail.

• Agree Agree x 1