When did you start playing The Sims?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SimmyLexis, Jul 25, 2015.

1. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
  1. SimmyLexis

SimmyLexis
    8/12

How/When did you find about about The Sims games and which one was your first game in the series?

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Nate3300Simmer
    Inspired

Nate3300Simmer
    23/45

Sim Player
    How I found out about The Sims was at one of my friend's house! My sister yhen bought The Sims 2 and The Sims 2 Nightlife and showed me how to play it! I've been playing with the series since!

• Like Like x 2
  3. jovjovan
    Very Inspired

jovjovan Founder Staff Member
    145/180

Graphic Designer
    I found out about The Sims when I visited my friend's house as well. They had The Sims 2 for PS2 and the game was absolutely..mesmerizing! I had to have it so several months later I got my first PC Sims game, The Sims Life Stories! Ever since then my collection grew more and more, and today I'm more than proud to call myself a Simmer :)

• Like Like x 6
  4. MyMindToYou

MyMindToYou
    23/45

My sister borrowed the sims 1 from one of her friends and I saw her playing and wanted to play it I think this was around maybe a year or 2 after the sims one came out. I remember she was playing with the Goths and Cassandra Goth was the first sim I ever saw.

• Like Like x 3
  5. NaterXander
    Inspired

NaterXander Writer Staff Member
    139/180

Totally awkward, but I first played The Sims at a friends house too. It was my best friend in fourth grade, and it was The Sims for the Playstation 2. After watching him play I instantly knew I needed it, so I bought it for my Gamecube. Then I discovered the PC version and how much more there was to it compared to the console versions, so I went out and buy all of them with my lawn mowing money.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Fantasy
    Festive

Fantasy
    18/23

I started playing The Sims when I was 6 years old, it was the sims 1. I was at my cousins house and she showed me it, she was playing and I was so interested in it. When I went home all I wanted to do was play The Sims, then my addiction began haha!:D

• Like Like x 2
  7. Steve Storm
    Fine

Steve Storm #423 Supreme Member
    139/180

Professional Lurker
    It all started with The Urbz on PS2. Eleven years later and I'm still hooked.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mika
    Dazed

Mika Premium Member
    69/90

I started playing the sims when I saw a OLD OLD OLD music video on youtube of the sims. Throwback when the description box was on the side of youtube videos I saw that this person made that whole video with the sims 2 so out of curiosity I bought the game, And the rest is history!!! :D

• Like Like x 3
  9. millieluma

millieluma
    23/45

I have a few vague memories of me and my friends playing The Sims 2. We would all gather around my family's old computer and take turns. It's so long ago that I can't really remember who introduced me to the game, but I'm guessing it was one of my older siblings. I was 6 years old when The Sims 2 released, haha

• Like Like x 3
  10. SimCreatorELF

SimCreatorELF
    44/45

Professional Hermit
    2000 The Sims 1 - Oh the nostalgia

• Like Like x 7
  11. Einstein

Einstein Premium Member
    54/68

I started playing The Sims when my cousin was playing Sims 3 and I was really amazed how the game works.it was like 2012 or 2013.Then I thought I would get the expansion packs and stuff packs.She was really into the game that made me too <3 then you know what happens nexr:heart:

• Like Like x 3
  12. Einstein

Einstein Premium Member
    54/68

We have the same story!! Like OMG

13. Pariiis96
    Confident

Pariiis96
    29/45

Student & Simmer
    i started playing sims at 10 years old, i traded online for it and then became hooked on it :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. StarrySim
    Happy

StarrySim
    38/45

YouTuber & Full time student
    I started playing with the Sims 1 at 4 or 5 years old. This was 2001. My sister had bought the game and of course she introduced me to it. I've been playing ever since I can remember. I've even found old pictures of me in random photo albums where I'm playing the Sims on this massive computer as a kid. It's great. So much nostalgia :')

• Like Like x 2
  15. Fairylights

Fairylights
    23/45

Customer Service (not for EA)
    I started with Sims Busting Out and then upgraded to Sims 2. The boot up for Sims Busting Out that whispered "challenge everything!" still sends a thrill through me!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. jasminelove

jasminelove Premium Member
    68/90

Student
    I was in the electronics section of a store and I saw a huge section for a new game that had been released. I looked at the cover and saw that it was called The Sims. The box was huge and I thought it looked super cool. I bought it immediately (aka asked my dad to buy it for me), and went to my neighbors house so we could play it together. If I recall correctly, I played the Roomies family and accidentally killed them in a fire. I was hooked ever since.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Kirill
    Playful

Kirill Premium Member
    79/90

2001 - The Sims 1

• Like Like x 4
  18. Wysidia
    Bored

Wysidia
    38/45

2001, my brother bought me The Sims 1 and I've never looked back. B)

• Like Like x 3
  19. hammer
    Confident

hammer
    24/45

I started playing the sims 1 around 2002 - 2005 I was 5 or 6 i believe . I did not know how to do anything! i would usually screw up the houses and not know what to do xD!

• Like Like x 3
  20. Rebecca Martin
    Very Happy

Rebecca Martin Premium Member
    54/68

I first started playing sims when you could get it on mobiles, then it came out for the xbox and i have been addicted ever since.

• Like Like x 3