1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
    Dismiss Notice

When to age up sims?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JustaTurtleDuck, Mar 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. JustaTurtleDuck
    Happy

JustaTurtleDuck
    3/12

Sims 4 Base Game

hi! i play with aging turned off, and i was wondering when others who play with aging turned off age up their sims? i currently have 3 teenagers and i'm not really sure when would be the best time to age them up, or if there are certain things i should make sure they do before they officially become adults.

2. cowplantdemise

cowplantdemise
    8/12

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Parenthood

Never really put any thought into this, but I figure once you're sick of them being teens is a good time.

3. Nomiko13
    Very Playful

Nomiko13 Ultimate Member
    74/90

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff, Sims 4 Parenthood

I plan on aging them up once all packs are released for TS4. Don't want my sims to miss out on anything lol. Plus, I think the lifespans are too short anyway.

But, to be honest, the only one I aged up was my baby, into a toddler.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kai Chen
    Happy

Kai Chen Not taking custom mod requests. Staff Member
    180/225

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff, Sims 4 Parenthood, Sims 4 Fitness Stuff

Once they have boyfriends/girlfriends.

5. marixinex
    Bored

marixinex
    3/12

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff, Sims 4 Parenthood

I turn off aging for my played household so I can age them up at their birthday parties. I like to let them live long lives so they can learn skills and get good grades in school, and make a lot of friends. I like to make it real lol.

• Like Like x 1
  6. turquoise
    Happy

turquoise
    1/12

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff

having this same 'problem' of not knowing when to age up my sims atm, hah! normally, i've been playing sims 4 with aging turned on and the normal lifespan, but i've been getting bored really quickly. i used to make a sim or a family and build their house, have them get a job and play for a couple sim days and then start over with a new one.

now i'm sort of doing a generation thing, where each generation has to complete a career (i chose the career because the life aspirations are fairly easy, but i struggle with the careers tbh). i have auto aging for the neighborhood turned off, so only my active household is ageing.
    that worked fine with the first generation, i played the entire normal lifespan and was pretty successful in completing their jobs etc. but i really love how the second generation turned out and i really like the sims, their friends and how they turned out. so i put all of the auto age-ing on off. one of them is already at the top of their career and an adult, the other is currently level 7 or 8 (i can't remember exactly) and still a young adult, their daughter is a teen now and i'm just liking it the way it is. i figure i'm probably going to age the young adult up soon and have the teen daughter age up as well and move out.
    it's time to move on, but i can't seem to say good bye. i've never had sims i enjoyed playing with this much. i'm even exploring things with them which never interested me before, such as gardening.

the teenage daughter has a maxed out comedy skill and with the previous generation, they had one skill maxed out as well, preferably one that'll be useful for their future job. other than that, i normally age them up once i'm short on money (i don't cheat money) and that sim will need to take a job.

7. Pint Sized Nerd
    Fine

Pint Sized Nerd
    3/12

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff

I usually age up babies as soon as their born.

I age up toddlers when they're done with all their skills.

I age up children when they finish their aspiration and it's corresponding skills (but I've been known to max out all skills before aging up).

My teens usually gets jobs, so after they finish that job's promotions.

• Agree Agree x 1