Why a Four Month Wait?

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 Get Together' started by fullspiral, Aug 5, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
  1. fullspiral

Premium Member

I am not understanding why there is a 4 month wait for this EP. It really doesn't sound like that big of a thing to have to wait 4 months for it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Simpyre
    Focused

Ultimate Member

Probably because they're going to release another batch of trailers with more information? Fuel the anticipation? And I wouldn't be surprised if they're still tweaking the game tbh. xD

• Like Like x 4
  3. fullspiral

Premium Member

Yes, but it doesn't seem like that much new content or things to warrant another 4 months for an EP.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Simpyre
    Focused

Ultimate Member

This was only an announcement trailer though, I doubt that we've seen everything yet. ;)
    There's likely going to be more trailers to show us why it's an EP.

• Like Like x 2
  5. BroBastii
    Inspired

I think there will be another stuff pack after cool kitchen. Maybe in september and in november will be the expansion!

• Like Like x 2
  6. fullspiral

Premium Member

Well, they've confirmed no apts, no restaurants, etc. Just social clubs. I can't see how that concept would warrant an EP. It feels more like a GP to me. If they were going for a NightLife/Late Night theme, you would expect more.

• Like Like x 1
  7. yuna67876

It is anround the holidays

• Like Like x 1
  8. Simpyre
    Focused

Ultimate Member

I think the problem is that most simmers try to compare this EP with previous ones. If EA is innovative with EPs, which I hope they are, this will be a mix of several things we know as well as new stuff.

It's not Late Night. It's not University. It's not Generations. It's Get Together.

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. fullspiral

Premium Member

I'm hoping so! I'm glad about the dancing skill and the new town, but that's all I see in it so far.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Simpyre
    Focused

Ultimate Member

Yeah, those definitely are my favorites, too. Did you read this article yet? imho there's a lot that could potentially be awesome (clubs = social groups?!), but we'll have to wait and see.

• Like Like x 2
  11. yuichen
    Fine

Premium Member

They're probably still sorting things out and polishing them. Besides, this way they can keep showing us trailers and snippets of info to build us all up for it.

And personally I'm happy with waiting for something if it means we'll get it with fewer issues.

• Like Like x 3
  12. DJ-Simmers
    Festive

Premium Member

Yep, they are Social Clubs! And the best part is that we'll get to create our own too! But I think my favourite thing so far is this, which basically confirms that our Sims are going to be able to WooHoo in bushes xD
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. KlutzWobbles
    Sad

I'm guessing the timing of the announcement is simply because of Gamescom. They announced GTW 2 months or so before it released, and November is only 3 months away, so it's not all that different.

Anyway, I wanted to see if there was any sort of pattern in their release to date and put together their release schedule so far:

September - base game released
    October - free ghosts patch
    November - free pools patch
    December - ??
    January - Outdoor Retreat GP
    February - free genealogy/family trees patch
    March - free basements patch
    April - Get to Work EP
    May - Luxury Party SP
    June - Perfect Patio SP & free Newcrest patch
    July - Spa Day GP
    August - Cool Kitchens SP
    September -??
    October - ??
    November - Get Together EP

There isn't a whole lot of predictable consistency there except, as Rachel said, something almost every single month.

I wonder what September and October will bring? (Please no more Star Wars stuff. I'm all set, thanks.)

• Like Like x 5
  14. fullspiral

Premium Member

I guess I just need to wait and see more.

• Like Like x 1
  15. KlutzWobbles
    Sad

Yeah, there isn't a lot we know yet, and it seems to have a little broader focus than most of the EP's we've seen in The Sims to date, but Lyndsay mentioned they are still building it. So while I am feeling a little underwhelmed at the moment, I'm going to wait and see what is revealed in time.

If it is like GTW and the game packs we've seen so far, there will be a lot of content and gameplay added, and a lot of details and surprises that aren't even really mentioned in advance. I have found there has been so much to explore and I don't feel that inevitable post-release let down I always experienced with TS3 expansions. I have been pleasantly surprised to find more than I expected, instead of less. I'm hoping Get Together will end up being the same.

(Windenburg is freakin' beautiful, I know that much!)

• Like Like x 2
  16. fullspiral

Premium Member

I know. I have not been disappointed with any content as of yet. But the social group thing is not a key feature I was wanting for my game. it will need more than that to get me to bite this time.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Liamer01

Liamer01 Moderator

The reason its a four month wait is because the pack isn't finished

• Like Like x 2
  18. JakeDavidBTG
    Happy

Supreme Member

College Student
    I know where you're coming from, when I seen it say 'Releases November' I was like What! :O I has expecting late September release, October at the latest, but maybe they have their reasons, we'll have to wait and see :) x

• Like Like x 1
  19. airodinamic
    Fine

Premium Member

Probably they split the devs to work in diferent projects. Maybe one half is working on that and the other half for some furure expansion. Who knows maybe after all they are working for pets.

20. KlutzWobbles
    Sad

I didn't like/use the social groups in TS3. They were pretty shallow and pointless. It does sound like they've fleshed them out a lot more this time around, and being able to customize them to your own specifications sounds potentially useful.

Aside from that, I am seeing quite a few things I have been missing, or didn't even know I wanted until today:
    • the new world
    • the beach
    • those closets!
    • coffee shops (and being able to sell the food and drinks in our own retail venues!)
    • there appears to be more stuff to do with flirting/dating/romance (it has been pretty lackluster thus far)
    • more community venues, especially for dates (although I think we've pretty much got our 'partying' needs covered at this point)
    • foosball table
    • bonfire (if it offers different options than the campfire)
    • additional swimming options (but not at the beach?? what is that??)
    • I'm personally not overly excited about the DJ booth but some might be
    • beer! (who knew I'd be excited about that?)
    • some new social/group interactions (high fives, the "cheers" thing with the drinks, etc.)
    So far, that's not a bad list. It really doesn't scream "expansion pack" to me at this point, but I'm going to try to be patient and see what else it has to offer.

• Like Like x 5