1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
    Dismiss Notice

Will more active careers be added?

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 Get to Work' started by SnarkyWitch, Jun 10, 2016.

1. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth Storyteller
    8/12

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Parenthood, Sims 4 Fitness Stuff

While I like the active careers that came with GTW, I was a little put off by the fact that there were only three active careers in an expansion that was supposed to be all about getting your Sims out into the workplace. I know comparing Sims 3 to Sims 4 can be really unfair, but I couldn't help but think back to Ambitions where we got 5 new active careers and 1 new rabbithole career.

This got me thinking that perhaps new active careers will be added later on in different expansions (maybe even a game pack, depending on the content, seems a little bit big for a game pack, though, but I certainly wouldn't complain if we did get a new active career in a game pack). The Sims 3 did this later on as well. If you bought Generations, you had access to the active daycare provider career even if you didn't have Ambitions. If you bought Island Paradise, you got the active lifeguard career even if you didn't have Ambitions.

I think that'd be a cool direction to go in for The Sims 4, because it feels really odd to go through this game's entire life cycle with only three active careers, especially since it's starting to become clear that The Sims 4 is going to have a much longer life cycle than any of the previous Sims games, if the timeline of the DLC and expansions are any indication.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Omac
    Inspired

Omac Premium Member
    69/90

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff

Well, with Dine Out coming out it's a possibly that the features shown in GTW will show up in later game/expansion packs.

3. SimCass11
    Very Tense

SimCass11
    8/12

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Get Together

i really hope we get more in an update

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. roxisangel
    Inspired

roxisangel
    29/45

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Get Together

^ Me too

5. SophiaAnnRaven
    Very Inspired

SophiaAnnRaven
    29/45

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires

That would be really cool. What kind of active career would you want?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth Storyteller
    155/180

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Parenthood, Sims 4 Fitness Stuff

I know it's kind of silly but I really miss the Ghost Hunter career from Ambitions, haha. It was cool that you could choose between being a sympathetic or ruthless ghost hunter by either convincing the ghosts to move on to the other side or by just sucking them into your vacuum and selling them to the Science Lab for experimentation.

I'd also like an active education career. I'd love to see a pack that makes school an active venue (I know there's a mod but not everyone uses mods and we shouldn't have to rely on mods for all the content we want) and you can go there either as a teacher or a student. Hopefully the schools won't be hidden like the other active career venues are. :/

With a Pets expansion, I'd love to see an active veterinarian career and an active equestrian career. I'd love the same equestrian career from The Sims 3 except without disappearing into a rabbithole for the competitions. I want to actively participate in the competitions.

I'd also like to see a self-employed option be added at some point so you can make a proper career out of being a gardener or a carpenter or a DJ and whatnot. You could also choose to be a freelance artist, writer or bartender instead of being forced into the 9-5 careers. You could also choose to have your retail business or restaurant be your full-time job. It would track your funds the way Sims 3 did and also save Sims you wanted to be gardeners or part-time bartenders or something from being shoved into a career by the game while you're not playing them. I hate that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Robbie_B

Robbie_B
    3/12

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day

It would be amazing if they do, I had a lot of fun with the active careers and it's nice getting the option to control your sims at work.

• Like Like x 1
  8. oxanapihlajamaa
    Playful

oxanapihlajamaa
    4/12

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Get Together

I would love to see other active careers, too! Right now the most enjoyable for me is the scientist and the shop owning. I just love aliens and selling all the different stuff. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nomen
    Fine

Nomen
    3/12

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff

I definitely second an active Education career and self-employment. An active interior design job could be super fun for those of us who enjoy doing builds and the like.

Active part-time jobs for teens would be nice, especially the babysitter one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. WizardJeremy
    Inspired

WizardJeremy Master Sorcerer and Life State Enthusiast Storyteller
    54/68

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff, Sims 4 Parenthood, Sims 4 Fitness Stuff

Ah yessss i love Active Careers. I feel Sims 4 did them a little better than Sims 3 cause my sims 3 experience was when my sim was at the workplace it was just waiting around for something to do and when they finally had something to do they were doing something else. Sims 4 shuffled it up by having random events (alien infiltration, find the criminal, deliver a baby etc.)

What i hope to see is Ghost Hunter and Firefighter back, they were the most fun. I like to bring back stylist career cause then it could expand the Business system by allowing stylist shop like they did for open for business!.

What new ideas could be for a Active Career is a Daycare like in Generations or a update that allows sims to work at other retail stores rather than own them OR Even better, allow Sims to work as a Chef, Waiter or Host (maybe not a host) at their own restaurant or at another restaurant. It would be really cool. and maybe it's like a minigame, like the Chef needs to prepare orders of sims and do specific foods, OR waiters can have a minigame memory thing where they have to remember the customers order and even remember where to deliver the food to what table.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Omac
    Inspired

Omac Premium Member
    69/90

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff

I remember liking the ghost-hunter career, but I'd love to play as the mayor and have to run errands or be seen by people of the town sort of like in Sims Medieval where the king/queen would get visits asked for advice. A psychic career would be cool too, where you go around coming to people's houses doing tarot cards and making things float and speaking to/summoning spirits.

Something that WILL NEVER happen, but I would go crazy for, is being able to work with or play as the Grim Reaper as a career.

I feel like none of my ideas will ever happen...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kai Chen
    Happy

Kai Chen Not taking custom mod requests. Staff Member
    180/225

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff, Sims 4 Parenthood, Sims 4 Fitness Stuff

I think that before we get Get To Work Part II (Much Like Showtime felt like Late Night Part II) they should explore family and seasons, at least, EP-wise.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. SophiaAnnRaven
    Very Inspired

SophiaAnnRaven
    29/45

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires

I totally agree with you, would not mind a expansion like generations I miss that gameplay in sims 4. but I can wait after reading what the simguru said about that.

14. Starri
    Angry

Starri
    18/23

I really hope so. I want the stylist profession again. My favorite from Ambitions was ghost hunter, but I feel like that wouldn't work in Sims 4.

Maybe we could get psychologist profession. That'd be interesting.

• Like Like x 2
  15. simsfan36
    Very Playful

simsfan36 Ultimate Member
    68/90

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Get To Work

pets and vets would be nice,toddlers and pediatricians too.house flippers (lol) or some kind of real estate agent maybe.rock stars could travel to paris or Italy...I dunno?...just thinking out loud hehe.

16. Zeusmomo
    Inspired

Zeusmomo
    28/45

I think we will get more careers in the Future considering After Ambitions EP, Showtime, Generations and Island Paradise added new Career options. I hope to see more Active Careers in Sims 4 because I think Get to Work was a huge success.

17. lily cordero

lily cordero
    1/12

i want every old pack back. i read a article recently that said they didnt want to repeat they same things. i think different. because emotions have so much to do with the game compared to every sims before, we do so much more. so the packs before would be so much more fun to play. like being famous would probably be poppin. i miss drew carey coming to my parties.

18. ALotLikeWords
    Focused

ALotLikeWords Illustrator & Nerdzilla Supreme Member
    119/135

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living

From the various surveys, it seems like theyre eventually going to add more playable careers. And why not, ya know? They've got the coding set up already. We've got modders who have figured it out
    I hope they focus on exploring other things first, but I can absolutely see it happening

Also, I'd love to see psychics, stylists/fashion design, active criminals, child care, and self employment

19. adrenalane
    Focused

adrenalane
    1/12

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 City Living

If we won't see more active careers soon, I hope there'll be a Get To Work update (at least) on choosing career branches...? which takes us to different lots. That'll be exciting tbh

20. xinAimee
    Inspired

xinAimee
    8/12

need them careersss!

Of course there will be something new... there has to be! It's not that hard to make new careers. Sims 4 will stay for many more years so..

I want the Stylist-Career back too. I'm so jealous of Sims Mobile... wtf they have a sewing machine!!!