1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
    Dismiss Notice

Wishing Well Outcomes

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 Romantic Garden' started by Poppyopy, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Poppyopy
    Happy

Poppyopy
    24/45

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff

Alas I won't be able to play till tomorrow :( So I was wondering if anyone could give me some spoilers and compile a list of the outcomes for the wishing well? That we know so far anyway and we can have some discussions about them! As I'm sure they're awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  2. jovjovan
    Very Happy

jovjovan Founder Staff Member
    145/180

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff, Sims 4 Parenthood, Sims 4 Fitness Stuff

• Thank you! Thank you! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Poppyopy
    Happy

Poppyopy
    24/45

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff

Seems interesting :) Also while I'm at it can anyone explain how we actually use the wishing well?

4. Tatiana
    Very Sad

Tatiana Procrastinator Extraordinaire Staff Member
    200/225

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lori Smith
    Focused

Lori Smith
    8/12

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff, Sims 4 Parenthood, Sims 4 Fitness Stuff

A sim wished for love and got an 'enemy with benefits'! They were completely red on the friend barand completely pink on the romance bar! You need to pay attention to the expressions on the stone face on the wishing well. You can offer the well a 'bribe' to receive a better outcome, will you get it, though??? That is the question ;) Oh and you pay $1 per use

• Thank you! Thank you! x 1
  6. Tatiana
    Very Sad

200/225

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff

*shakes head*

I feel a mod coming on!

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Poppyopy
    Happy

Poppyopy
    24/45

I think I may start compiling a list on here so that we can gather information on all the outcomes! I like lists haha :)

If you don't offer a bribe is the outcome completely random? I don't like the idea of swinging the odds

8. SimmerDownSouth
    Happy

SimmerDownSouth Staff Member
    139/180

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out

The bribes are pricey too, and I got a "the well is displeased" notification after dropping $1000!! Then my Sim almost died. He wished for happiness and the well was a jerk and had him go to playful +99 "hysterical" and I'm pretty sure if I'd had someone tell him a joke or take a bubble path he'd have keeled over then and there.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Tatiana
    Very Sad

200/225

Lol, I've been avoiding the wishing well. I had a feeling that per usual they kicked it too far. Why does everything need to be modded just so it's playable? Like the klepto trait, Sims can't swipe together because they catch each other and get embarrassed.

I read that if you see Grims face that your Sims will die. Anybody seen that?

I'll probably make myself a mod to make the outcomes less extreme. I'm fine with negative outcomes but it really seems as if the odds are heavily stacked towards extreme negative.

• Like Like x 2
  10. SimmerDownSouth
    Happy

SimmerDownSouth Staff Member
    139/180

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out

I haven't played with it enough yet to have experienced all the possible outcomes, but there were some pretty awesome ones, too. Like having 2K something Simoleans regurgitated at my Sim as well as a promotion at work. Some are a little twisted, like a Sim asked for happiness, and instead any happiness he felt got distributed to nearby Sims. Another asked for skills and then was dazed for a while with a warning to not try to skill build...I'll have to intentionally do the things they're supposed to NOT do to see what the outcomes are.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. LiLN
    Dazed

LiLN
    79/90

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff

When I got Romantic Gardens, I couldn't wait to try out the wishing well. For one, in the trailer they show the girl ghost wishing for life and it being granted, that was one I really wanted to try. However, I had a ghost in my family and tried it several times. I'm up to like wish for life number #20. She always gets turned down or disappointed whether she gives a donation of any size or not. But, the wishing well does give her ingredients every so often for the Ambrosia Recipe (so far the well gave her an angel fish and a death flower in place of granting her life). A guy sim in game who was torn between two girls wished for romance and he got little black hearts over his head (the well said no romance for him for awhile). This poor guy has wished for skills, romance, happiness, promotion and so far has gotten black hearts, set on fire, demoted, and his happiness given to another. The only positive one he got was he had no gardening skills and he was given a mastery in the skill (level 10). My other girl in the household wished for romance and she got a pick up line to use that gave her a half meter romance relationship with some guy even though they just met when she used it. It's kind of fun to see the outcome but honestly getting tired of trying to bring the ghost girl back to life (but did think it was interesting that if you keep wishing you at least get ingredients toward to ambrosia recipe). I also wish you didn't have to wait so long before you could make another wish but it is fun to see what happens when you do wish.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tatiana
    Very Sad

200/225

If you guys are interested, I'm sure myself or @claudiasharon could make up some wishing well mods.

What would you want?

I'm thinking it would involve different ones so that people could have more options. Maybe improve the odds could be one? Another could be to lower the wait time? A 3rd would combine them.

13. Misstory
    Playful

Misstory Premium Member
    69/90

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires

For me the Wish for Life got granted while the Wishing Well looked like the grim reaper, I then gave him an offer of 1000 and made the wish. If you offer too much he becomes happy again, so that's why I suggest trying the 1000. I think 100 might be too low.

14. Tatiana
    Very Sad

200/225

On second thought......this mod may not be as easy as I thought. There are 366 resource files that deal with the wishing well and figuring out which ones deal with outcomes is going to be a challenge.

*feels a headache coming on*

LOL

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. LiLN
    Dazed

LiLN
    79/90

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff

Misstory, I will watch the well faces more and see what happens. I actually tried all level of donations and the main thing I noticed in the household was whoever wished first that day seemed to have the better outcome. I ended up just going with the old ways since the well gave one sim complete writing skills and I figured she could do it through the book of life instead (got tired of sad ghost girl).

Tatiana, a mod for the well especially being able to wish faster would be amazing but does sound like a major headache to do too. Except for my one ghost girl, its been fun seeing what the outcome will be from making the wishes. It can be a bit addictive though (I've added the well and playable fountain to almost all my made community lots.

My current family-the mom was wishing for romance and the well sent her her true soul mate match....sigh a ghost guy who disappeared the moment he popped out of the well. It took me awhile to find what household he was haunting and get him to come live with her (here I go again wishing for life-but will pay better attention to the well faces).

• Like Like x 1
  16. Misstory
    Playful

Misstory Premium Member
    69/90

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Spooky Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires

I have a video with all the outcomes of the Wishing Well! :) (click on the image to go to the video)

17. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth Storyteller
    155/180

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Parenthood, Sims 4 Fitness Stuff

@Misstory's video is probably the best to see all the outcomes. I haven't seen them all myself but I noticed that when my Sim wished while the wishing well's face was neutral, her wish always got granted. I didn't attempt to wish when the well's face was a wicked, mischievous grin. I had her donate 100 simoleans, then wish but her wish wasn't granted because the donation was too low and made the well angry. Then I had her donate 5,000 simoleans and the wishing well became extremely happy and granted her wish. After that wish, the wishing well's face had a hood over its head and I wasn't sure if that was the reaper face or not but I thought I'd better not risk it because she was my Gold Digger Challenge Sim and I didn't want her to die and fail the challenge, lol.

I think there might be some randomness involved, too, though, because when she wished for skills while the wishing well was extremely happy (after donating 5,000 simoleans), it granted her wish but didn't actually give her any skill points. It just gave her a boost to any skills she learns for a few hours. When she wished while the well was neutral, it maxed out her Mixology skill which was level 0 before.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thank you! Thank you! x 1
  18. Misstory
    Playful

Misstory Premium Member
    69/90

Thanks for the compliment! :) The Wishing Well outcomes are indeed random. The faces just make certain chances higher, but do not 'ban' the other outcomes. If that makes sense... There's a certain math to it, which I still need to figure out. It's basically a gamble game :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Opal Octavia
    Playful

Opal Octavia
    24/45

Sims 4 Base Game, Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Sims 4 Get To Work, Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, Sims 4 Spa Day, Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, Sims 4 Get Together, Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, Sims 4 Dine Out, Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, Sims 4 City Living, Sims 4 Vampires, Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff, Sims 4 Parenthood

I'd just like to say, this is probably my favourite SP so far. I absolutely love the garden objects, they're beautiful! I LOVE the wishing well. I've played around with it a few times, putting it in the middle of the towns for everyone to enjoy. Once, my single gay sim wished for a child, and received a little girl right away, it even kind of looked like him! I just remodeled my sims home, and they're a little short on funds, but they'll live. One of them went to the well and wished for cash, he wasn't given a dime, but he was granted 'Learned Darkest Secrets'. So he was given secrets of ANY sim he chose, so he could blackmail them! HAA, I couldn't believe it honestly. I ended up bribing a vampire sim, and received about 5k. They're automatically enemies.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1